Ok, yesterday I worked very hard on transferring some 8-bit music into mobileTunes 3 songs, one of which you will recognize Wink

http://www.cemetech.net/scripts/countdown.php?/83plus/asm/sound/mt3_vgsongs.zip&path=archives

Check it out, tell me what you think, and discuss. (If you read the readme, you ruin the surprise of guessing what song is which)
Qazz, you did a great job on these! I like "Edge", "Final", "Heart", "Mario", and "Stalker" a lot! "Nothing" is nice but a little boring, "Out of Time" is good (why didn't you like it? I guess it's a hair grating), and Vampire Killer is excellent (although I had already heard it when you sent it to me yesterday).

For your description, perhaps something like, "These are 8-bit songs from classic video games automatically converted to mobileTunes 3 songs by the mobileTunes converter from MIDI. There are 7 songs from Castlevania plus the Mario theme. Check it out and enjoy!"
Thanks Kerm, I will use something like that then, also Out of time just doesnt sound right to me (Remember I am a castlevania nerd) So I want to redo it
qazz42 wrote:
Thanks Kerm, I will use something like that then, also Out of time just doesnt sound right to me (Remember I am a castlevania nerd) So I want to redo it
That's a good point, I haven't heard it before so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I salute your thoroughness in wanting it to sound right. Either way, very nicely done on these, and I hope you've been finding the converter fairly straightforward.
Some are more difficult than others, you might not know which is whhich *(I dont have Windows midea player)

EDIT! I updated most of the songs to sound better, when it goes through I will update the link!
This sounds pretty nice for the calc :O
Just throwing it out there, I have this arrangement of the Doctor Who season 3 theme that I made lying around. It has A LOT of tracks, would it be suitable for MT3?
qazz42 wrote:
Some are more difficult than others, you might not know which is whhich *(I dont have Windows midea player)

EDIT! I updated most of the songs to sound better, when it goes through I will update the link!
You submitted a new file, which I rejected. Please change it to an update so I can accept it. Smile

@DJ, mobileTunes 3.0 converter for the win.

@EpicFail: Ooooooh, you should try throwing it into the converter! Keep in mind that you can only really keep 4 non-overlapping tracks, but I'd be interested to see what it could come up with.

Edit: Let me be more specific and precise. You can have at most four overlapping tracks, plus as many more non-overlapping tracks that can be merged into the first four without losing any notes in the donor or recipient track/.
KermMartian wrote:
Ooooooh, you should try throwing it into the converter! Keep in mind that you can only really keep 4 non-overlapping tracks, but I'd be interested to see what it could come up with.

Edit: Let me be more specific and precise. You can have at most four overlapping tracks, plus as many more non-overlapping tracks that can be merged into the first four without losing any notes in the donor or recipient track/.

Are there any assembler programs for linux (specifically ubuntu)? Just switched over.
If you wait for the Doors CS SDK coming out in a week or so, you could just use that. Failing that, you can use Brass with mono to produce a binary, and then BinPac8x to turn the binary into a .8xp file.
KermMartian wrote:
If you wait for the Doors CS SDK coming out in a week or so, you could just use that. Failing that, you can use Brass with mono to produce a binary, and then BinPac8x to turn the binary into a .8xp file.

I'f\d rather wait for the SDK, I'm still figuring out how Linux works right now...
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I'f\d rather wait for the SDK, I'm still figuring out how Linux works right now...
Sounds good. I'll have a shell script you can just run to turn a .asm or .z80 to a .8xp, so you can perhaps help me beta-test? Smile
Sure, just notify me upon completion... My linux is being very strange ATM, no sound at all. Be back later.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Sure, just notify me upon completion... My linux is being very strange ATM, no sound at all. Be back later.
Ah, that's a pain. You should start a topic or ask on SAX if you're still having problems; we as a group have lots of Linux experience, especially with Ubuntu, CentOS, and Arch (and Gentoo, but I despise it).
update!

Now the songs have been accepted, please try out the contra song, that is my favorite! It came out great
qazz42 wrote:
update!

Now the songs have been accepted, please try out the contra song, that is my favorite! It came out great
I'm glad to hear you're having so much fun with these, qazz. I'll definitely check them out, and I look forward to seeing how they came out.
Cool, I think I will try to make some pokemon ones.. it all depends what I can find in regards to MIDIs

Oh, and thanks DJ, I didnt know he tried the songs out o_O
qazz42 wrote:
Cool, I think I will try to make some pokemon ones.. it all depends what I can find in regards to MIDIs
\
Oh, and thanks DJ, I didnt know he tried the songs out o_O
Pokemon is popular enough that I'm positive you can find some MIDIs that work great right out of the gate.
I've converted the song 'So long and thanks for all the fish' from the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy-movie. The video is over here:

https://vimeo.com/509205509
jonakeys wrote:
I've converted the song 'So long and thanks for all the fish' from the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy-movie. The video is over here:

https://vimeo.com/509205509

Consider releasing the MT3 file!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours