And what? No qazz42? I could be the guy who is eaten
Not in Yumé 1, at least. It really depends on how development of the next games go. At the moment, I'm somewhat hesitant to include many characters simply because at 8x8, people sprites are very hard to make uniquely distinguishable. I wouldn't want the player to get confused. Furthermore, the series isn't character-heavy anyway.
hmmm, forgot the "I am joking" tags Razz
KeithJohansen wrote:
Not in Yumé 1, at least. It really depends on how development of the next games go. At the moment, I'm somewhat hesitant to include many characters simply because at 8x8, people sprites are very hard to make uniquely distinguishable. I wouldn't want the player to get confused. Furthermore, the series isn't character-heavy anyway.
I like that, I almost feel like that gives it more atmosphere and makes it feel more evil and foreboding, the dearth of other characters.
Two requests, rick astley, and me Razz

jk.

Besides that, excellent work on this game Very Happy I can't wait to try it out
_player1537 wrote:
Two requests, rick astley, and me Razz

jk.

Besides that, excellent work on this game Very Happy I can't wait to try it out

I could put a rickroll in Yumé Evil or Very Mad

KermMartian wrote:
I like that, I almost feel like that gives it more atmosphere and makes it feel more evil and foreboding, the dearth of other characters.

Exactly! But, it's not just to create an atmosphere. There is a plot-centric reason for the Dream World's severe lack of other people. [/spoilers?]
Oh no, no spoilers! Sad Anywho, I look forward to playing this game.
KermMartian wrote:
Hah, I'm barely spoiling anything. What I've revealed is only the tip of the (very large) iceberg Laughing

Glad to know people are looking forward to this game! It'll help motivate me to keep making games in the Yumé series. Who knows? Maybe this game series will end up like Illusiat or Touhou and have innumerable games in it (I've only got ideas for 4 or 5 but I could easily make more Razz)
Wow Subaru, you really are doing great on this, I cant wait to play it!
KeithJohansen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Hah, I'm barely spoiling anything. What I've revealed is only the tip of the (very large) iceberg 0x5

Glad to know people are looking forward to this game! It'll help motivate me to keep making games in the Yumé series. Who knows? Maybe this game series will end up like Illusiat or Touhou and have innumerable games in it (I've only got ideas for 4 or 5 but I could easily make more Razz)
That's great! I had previous thought that you were porting or homaging a PC or console game, but I read the first post more carefully and see that it's an original idea, so that many more kudos. Smile
KeithJohansen wrote:
There is one planned, but he won't appear in Yumé. He'll appear in a later game.
What about Genolo? The game involves lolis, right? Razz
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
There is one planned, but he won't appear in Yumé. He'll appear in a later game.
4chan? In MY Cemetech? Surprised
Oh wait, is the game specifically Cemetech-themed? If so, then nevermind them Razz

EDIT: Also I do recall seeing 4chan in Cemetech before, in a certain project thread during BrandonW's first livestream Razz
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Oh wait, is the game specifically Cemetech-themed? If so, then nevermind them Razz

EDIT: Also I do recall seeing 4chan in Cemetech before, in a certain project thread during BrandonW's first livestream Razz
Yeah, good point unfortunately. Smile And I don't think the game is specifically Cemetech-themed, or indeed if there's going to be too many (if any) other characters anyway. Smile
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:

Nanami is, technically, a loli as she is only 10 years old. I don't have any plans as of yet for a Genolo character. We'll see.

KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

Yeah, good point unfortunately. Smile And I don't think the game is specifically Cemetech-themed, or indeed if there's going to be too many (if any) other characters anyway. Smile

The game isn't Cemetech-themed. I just like the name "Merth" Razz
And who wouldn't like Merth as a name? Laughing I'm glad that you're on track for the contest deadline, although I am worried that I need to make sure that my entry to the contest (Wink) will be on-time.
Here's a WIP graphical map of the Dream World in Yumé. Note, it's somewhat spoilers so if you don't want spoilers, don't click.

I probably won't be uploading the finished version because it will show the locations of all the items and everything else to find in the world.

Yumé World Map [POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING]
KeithJohansen wrote:
Here's a WIP graphical map of the Dream World in Yumé. Note, it's somewhat spoilers so if you don't want spoilers, don't click.

I probably won't be uploading the finished version because it will show the locations of all the items and everything else to find in the world.

Yumé World Map [POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING]
That looks great! I'm curious to see how you encode the event tiles; I guess I'll get a chance to see while I'm grading the contest entries. Smile
Pulled a Kerm; Made a trailer for the game.

That looks awesome, SubaruZX! Very nice job on the trailer. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours