Usually something like this would be posted At ticalc.org, but I am unable to sign on. Sad Recently I tried to upload a file to the archives there, and I got a standard looking message, "It has been 120 days since you last verified your account, click the link below to send a confirmation email." So I clicked it and waited about 3 days, checked mail, nothing in my inbox, trash, or spam... Clicked the link again, 4 more days, nothing. I was a bit concerned, so I contacted one of the site managers. I explained my problem via e-mail and waited a week. Still NO EMAIL! So I used my brain and thought, what if I entered the wrong email address at signup? So I go to the area to enter your email, and a message said a new password was sent to that email for conformation, so I should check it and enter it within 24 hours. Nothing. Now I am locked out of Ticalc.org, even unable to sign in! What do you suggest I do?
At one point I had the same problem; some spam filter deep below my actual inbox was rejecting ticalc.org emails. I switched what account I was using thanks to either Nikky or Travis' help (I forget whom), and now all is well. Hopefully Nikky will notice this topic and help you out; if not, he hangs out on #cemetech on Efnet, so ping him a few times from SAX and he might show up.
KermMartian wrote:
...ping him a few times from SAX and he might show up.
Ah, thanks. If I notice either on, I'll get their attention.
KermMartian wrote:
At one point I had the same problem; some spam filter deep below my actual inbox was rejecting ticalc.org emails. I switched what account I was using thanks to either Nikky or Travis' help (I forget whom), and now all is well. Hopefully Nikky will notice this topic and help you out; if not, he hangs out on #cemetech on Efnet, so ping him a few times from SAX and he might show up.

Hmm, nikky is helpful sometimes? strange......

That aside, I must agree with Kerm, same thing happened to me. Luckly it notifies me when I get constant spam from the same person
And what provider do you use?
Yahoo messenger, of course this is after the spam folder gets so big, it notifies me to empty it XD

Lawl, all I need to do is see there is a (1) next to the spam folder, open it, and retreive the email I need
I believe I use Yahoo too... When I first got internet years and years ago, I I was bellsouth, which then got bought by yahoo, which then got bought by att.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
...ping him a few times from SAX and he might show up.
Ah, thanks. If I notice either on, I'll get their attention.
They often (nikky and tev) don't show up unless you specifically say their name to highlight them, so I did so; we'll see if it succeeds.
KermMartian wrote:
They often (nikky and tev) don't show up unless you specifically say their name to highlight them, so I did so; we'll see if it succeeds.

Sounds like a summon spell from FF or something. Very Happy
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Sounds like a summon spell from FF or something. Very Happy
Travis wanted me to confirm with you that this is indeed your correct account page:

http://www.ticalc.org/cgi-bin/acct-view.cgi?userid=79986
Great timing, and indeed it is.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Great timing, and indeed it is.
Excellent. Smile He can't personally fix it, but now that that's confirmed, he'll pass it along to Nikky.
Thanks to you all!
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Thanks to you all!
Any time, glad that this is gonna get resolved.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
I was bellsouth, which then got bought by yahoo, which then got bought by att.

wat
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:

wat
Yeah, wait, Yahoo was bought by AT&T? How did I miss that one? Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:

wat
Yeah, wait, Yahoo was bought by AT&T? How did I miss that one? Very Happy

Think it was more like a partnership or something, but my mail was switched over. -_-
Quote:
Now I am locked out of Ticalc.org, even unable to sign in!

funny, I was locked out of ticalc by the same exact message, but I never bothered to go back. I never felt like it had the same sense of community as cemetech or omnimaga.
rthprog wrote:
Quote:
Now I am locked out of Ticalc.org, even unable to sign in!

funny, I was locked out of ticalc by the same exact message, but I never bothered to go back. I never felt like it had the same sense of community as cemetech or omnimaga.
Rthprog, ah, sorry to hear it. Sad It definitely doesn't have a sense of community at all, even though it has a much larger userbase, but it's still a valuable place to get exposure for your projects. I'd therefore recommend releasing your programs there, even if you don't use any of their discussion features.
rthprog wrote:

Yeah, it doesn't, but that's where all the non-programmers go to download programs, and where I was getting my best download statistics. Cemetech is awesome, but just doesn't have as many followers as ticalc, which I don't see why, because cemetech is more user-friendly. Example: If ya need help, just bother Kerm! Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours