The second one Kerm
I just thought I should say that you don't actually have to write to the LCD ram to find the delay. You can just send it commands and it still has the lag that you need to measure.

Here is one I wrote that finds the delay in about a second. Although it can be adjusted down to about .05 seconds. I have it check 25,000 times that the number is correct to be absolutely sure it is correct.

My routine zeros out the delay, (well $0C's it), then writes to the lcd driver, waits 60 clock cycles, and checks to see if the lcd is ready for a new command. If it's not, it increases the driver delay and tries again. It does this until it finds a setting where the driver was ready 25,000 times in a row. Also, the reason I use 60 clock cycles is because I know at least Mirage's fastcopy waits 64 clocks, so I did 60 just to be safe.
thepenguin77 wrote:
I just thought I should say that you don't actually have to write to the LCD ram to find the delay. You can just send it commands and it still has the lag that you need to measure.

Here is one I wrote that finds the delay in about a second. Although it can be adjusted down to about .05 seconds. I have it check 25,000 times that the number is correct to be absolutely sure it is correct.

My routine zeros out the delay, (well $0C's it), then writes to the lcd driver, waits 60 clock cycles, and checks to see if the lcd is ready for a new command. If it's not, it increases the driver delay and tries again. It does this until it finds a setting where the driver was ready 25,000 times in a row. Also, the reason I use 60 clock cycles is because I know at least Mirage's fastcopy waits 64 clocks, so I did 60 just to be safe.
ThePenguin, epic! Would you mind if I used your code instead of JimE's graphbuf/checkbuf code? I'd be happy to credit you on the wiki Credits page. Smile
Sure. I don't care. I basically made it because I didn't like ALCDFIX.
thepenguin77 wrote:
Sure. I don't care. I basically made it because I didn't like ALCDFIX.
I added it in and tested it out on-emu and on-calc; it saved me 82 bytes and works wonders. Cheers!
Smile Quite the awesomesauce upgrade there. Big improvement over ALCDFIX from what it sounds like.
elfprince13 wrote:
Smile Quite the awesomesauce upgrade there. Big improvement over ALCDFIX from what it sounds like.
Yup, I'm quite happy with it. Just as Penguin77 said, it tunes in about 1 second or less, and seems to come up with a good stable speed. Smile We're closing in on Doors CS 6.8; should be a good one!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours