Pop quiz for all of you Doors CS fans. I just implemented a modified form of what the popular ALCDFIX program does into Doors CS as a "Retune" button that appears in the Display window of 84+/SE calcs. Who thinks that DCS should autotune the 84's LCD delay the first time it's used on an 84? Who thinks you should have to click the Retune button in the Displays window? Would someone with a distorted display be able to see enough to navigate to a retune button? Let me know your opinions.

I would love that, that would be an awsome feature
The retune button is a good idea. You don't draw things so quickly as to screw with the LCD do you?
I think a prompt after initial install and ram resets would be best, along with the button of course.
elfprince13 wrote:
The retune button is a good idea. You don't draw things so quickly as to screw with the LCD do you?
No, I actually sped up that screenshot by running my calc in unlimited speed mode during the random static displays so you wouldn't have to stare at that for a minute to get the point. Smile I'm slightly concerned that it might be accidentally tuning to a very slow delay, though, so I need to double-check against ALCDFix itself.
Brilliant idea.
Doors CS with all these features will be a all in one shell.

My opinion is it should be included in display menu and document well why is important because I have seen TI-84+SE with no LCD problems at all but is a common problem and many people don't look for this kind of fixes.
Definitely no doubt that I'll put it in the Display menu, but my concern is whether people will still be able to get to the Display menu to click the button. Any opinions or experience on that score? Thanks, and good call on the documentation, I'll be sure to do so. I'm gonna have a lot of stuff I need to cram into the manual. Razz
How about a shortcut key for this? So that those that can't see anything in DCS can just press the button (or buttons) to auto-adjust the LCD delay?
Nah, it might get annoying if you constantly hit the button, even when you screen is retuned
What I meant is something more like a combination of keys, e.g. [On]+[Maths].
Ah, that sounds alot better, I second that notion
Yeah, that sounds good. I have a Ti-84+SE and have had no problems, but I know friends that have. Since On+Maths is taken up by Omnicalc, I suggest On+Clear.
On+Clear is a MirageOS hook that interrupts any asm programs. Maybe it's better to ask Kerm for a key combination that isn't currently used by anything.
Silver Shadow wrote:
On+Clear is a MirageOS hook that interrupts any asm programs. Maybe it's better to ask Kerm for a key combination that isn't currently used by anything.

Agreed, he will have to see which combinations are taken up by what.
I second the key combo idea.

On a semi-related note: is it possible to detect the LCD delay? Else it might be possible to auto-adjust it without user intervention.
the retune button is perfectly fine i think...
since my TI-84 does have trouble running some programs such as phantom, simcity, and some other types of games such as Gemini...

and the graphical bug never occurred in DCS it self, so the retune button is fine.

currently i am using an external program that has the same function... but if it were integrated, that would be nice...

auto run might be a bit bad since you wont be able to activate t after reset and stuff... since my TI-84 does revert back to it original graphical settings sometimes for no reason even with out a reset.

also it might cause some errors or something if it is always activated that way
I'd prefer to leave it just as a button in the Display window, to avoid needing to add another key combo for people to remember, if it's at all possible to navigate to the Display menu on all affected calculators (ie, Doors CS itself uses a moderately safe FastCopy). Is this the case? It sounds like it generally is.
KermMartian wrote:
I'd prefer to leave it just as a button in the Display window, to avoid needing to add another key combo for people to remember, if it's at all possible to navigate to the Display menu on all affected calculators (ie, Doors CS itself uses a moderately safe FastCopy). Is this the case? It sounds like it generally is.

yeah... thats what i mean as well
Actually, I remember that if a asm program gets scrambled by the bug, exiting to DCS makes DCS scrambled too Confused
qazz42 wrote:
Actually, I remember that if a asm program gets scrambled by the bug, exiting to DCS makes DCS scrambled too Confused
How scrambled? Like. unreadable static scrambled, or offset columns but you can still use the mouse to navigate with some difficulty?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours