That tiny start menu seems somehow weird...
I've also noticed that you still haven't changed the "6" to the left of the About item.
Silver Shadow wrote:
That tiny start menu seems somehow weird...
I've also noticed that you still haven't changed the "6" to the left of the About item.
Whoops, thanks for catching that. Smile All fixed.
Actually, I noticed that a long time ago, but I always seemed to forget to mention it.
Silver Shadow wrote:
Actually, I noticed that a long time ago, but I always seemed to forget to mention it.
Well, thanks for eventually remembering, anyway. Otherwise, I think I might not have ever noticed that.

so um...I think this is pretty much self explanatory...same issue with DocDE7
Eeems wrote:

Yup, must be something I added to the text input routines by accident. It's quite odd though, I can't think where that might be coming from. At any rate, I have quite a few bugs to trace down now thanks to your excellent work. Laughing
Found another bug. when you start a program if you mash the [Alpha] key a bunch you can sometimes trigger a crash

*note the screen turns off while the splash is displayed except for a few seconds
it seems that it happens the second or third times though, never the first....I know it's not my code because it has nothing in it that crashes from the alpha key.
Eeems wrote:

This should be fixed, check it out:

I found the strangest bug yet today, but haven't had the chance to reproduce it, tell me if you guys have had a similar problem before.

1. Was editing BASIC program via DCS 6.7.6
2. Quit to desktop (thats where the program was)
3. Entered folder in first "slot" (whatever it's called)
4. Made new folder with same name as program
5. Exit to desktop
6. Cut the program
7. Entered folder in slot 1 again

Here is where the bug starts.
The folder with the same name as the program was renamed "u".
I thought I would fix it after I moved the program, so I entered the folder and pasted the program. Then I realized that the program name was changed. The final letter was now a "u". I right-clicked and went to rename and fixed it, but when it was changing the name back, my calculator crashed.

This is one strange bug, and I bet that only 1/1,000,000 people would get this, but I thought it was worth reporting.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
I found the strangest bug yet today, but haven't had the chance to reproduce it, tell me if you guys have had a similar problem before.

1. Was editing BASIC program via DCS 6.7.6
2. Quit to desktop (thats where the program was)
3. Entered folder in first "slot" (whatever it's called)
4. Made new folder with same name as program
5. Exit to desktop
6. Cut the program
7. Entered folder in slot 1 again

Here is where the bug starts.
The folder with the same name as the program was renamed "u".
I thought I would fix it after I moved the program, so I entered the folder and pasted the program. Then I realized that the program name was changed. The final letter was now a "u". I right-clicked and went to rename and fixed it, but when it was changing the name back, my calculator crashed.

This is one strange bug, and I bet that only 1/1,000,000 people would get this, but I thought it was worth reporting.
I just did a bunch of testing, and I could replicate this. I tried making a BASIC program called FLD and editing it from DCS, then moving it into /BLAH/FLD/FLD.8xp, then /CBYX/FLD/FLD.8xp, and a few other things, with no results. BLAH was in the second slot, CBYX in the first, /BLAH/FLD in the first slot, /CBYX/FLD in the second. I'll look a bit more, but hopefully it's not something that will appear too often. Please let me know if you see it again, EpicFail or anyone else. Smile Thank you for the very thorough report!

Eeems, I'll look at your button-mashing bug now.
here is a screenshot of what happens with a basic program.

same steps to replicate.
Eeems wrote:
here is a screenshot of what happens with a basic program.

same steps to replicate.
And if you don't press anything than the BASIC program runs properly?
yep, runs just fine..same with the assembly one.
Eeems wrote:
yep, runs just fine..same with the assembly one.
I'm having some difficulties reliably replicating this one. First I was able to run the program, then it wouldn't run again, then I quit and reentered Doors CS, and now the BASIC program won't not run again. I haven't been able to make any ASM program show symptoms (such as DocDE7 and my version of AxeAid, which is oldish) of crashing or malfunctioning.
hmm, well...strange...maybe it's my ROM?
I have been able to replicate it every time I tried..
Eeems wrote:
hmm, well...strange...maybe it's my ROM?
I have been able to replicate it every time I tried..
Ah, that's worth a try, what calculator and ROM version are you using?
Tried on another ROM, same issue..I tested on a ti-84+SE with OS2.43 and 2.53MP...the two ROM's are from two completely different calc's.

EDIT: I would like to request the scientific notation e in the text input routine Smile thanks Smile
Eeems wrote:
Tried on another ROM, same issue..I tested on a ti-84+SE with OS2.43 and 2.53MP...the two ROM's are from two completely different calc's.

EDIT: I would like to request the scientific notation e in the text input routine Smile thanks Smile
What key did you have in mind for it?

I solved the issue with BASIC programs (I think); can you verify please, and verify that the ASM issue is still there?

http://www.cemetech.net/files/dcs6.7.7_beta.8xk
*bump*

Eeems wrote:
Request: remap the [clear] key to a backspace on text edit instead of H Razz

EDIT: as per request, ok, so when you make an edit to a file in DocDE7 and then open the SaveAs Dialog then cancel it, you will lose all your edits.
observe:
Your request is next on my agenda, and the bug is fixed; it was entirely with DocDE7. The correct SaveFileAs intro:

Code:
SaveFileAs:
   call ResetAppPage
   ld a,(OpenFileFlag)
   or a
   jp z,RenderMain
   ld hl,(SavedFilePtr)
   ld a,h
   or l
   call nz,CheckSaveInvocation
   ;*** do setup
   call getTextboxData         ;sets hl and bc
   ld de,MyType2
   call FileSaveAs
   ;[continues as before]
*bumpity bump*

Backspace now works! Tap [CLEAR] and you backspace, just as [DEL] deletes a character. This was so simple with the stuff I have in place; it took a total of seven lines of code.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours