Should I Spend 2357290625 Hours Making A Multiplayer Function?
Yes
 28%  [ 2 ]
No
 28%  [ 2 ]
Wait For The Contest To Finish To Add This Option.
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

KermMartian wrote:
Sort of, although I'd hope it's not a giant mass of If/Then/Ends, because that would be quite slow. And don't forget the you can't Goto inside a then/else/end, because that causes a memory leak. Smile

Da*n thats right. Yeah it would be, I wonder what else I could do, unless i make it so that its less directional and just consists of left, right, punch, kick, and sp. attack. Wouldn't be too much fun, but it would still work... It would be hard to do especially if you can't move up and down and you cant attack while moving :/

PS. Any suggestions on how to cancel the memory leaks or do it differently so that it doesn't cause memory leaks???
Absolutely, but first you'll have to write up the messy, leaky, unoptimized code, so we can help you optimize it and figure out a shorter, faster way to do what you're doing. (This isn't for the contest anymore, right? Otherwise we can't help with code. Wink ).
Alright yeah that would make sense. I'm working on the code now as we speak. I've got about 42 hours put into it so far, but without too much to show.

No its not for the contest, I've decided that there is so much that I would and do need help with that there is now way that I would be able to figure it all out before then.
Fair enough, that's a plan. Will you still be submitting something to the contest, though?
KermMartian wrote:
Fair enough, that's a plan.

Yepp, it shouldn't be too hard to finish this by the end of this week (or next) depending on how much time I get.

KermMartian wrote:
Will you still be submitting something to the contest, though?

Yes I probably will submit something, but I'm unsure of what to do or when I'm going to do it. I'll probably end up just making a simple game that I can make look really flashy with all of the DCSLibs.
Svakk wrote:
Yes I probably will submit something, but I'm unsure of what to do or when I'm going to do it. I'll probably end up just making a simple game that I can make look really flashy with all of the DCSLibs.
Sweet, that's the general idea of the DCSB Libs: quick coding and minimal effort to achieve flashy, fast, and functional programs/games.
hahaha exactlyy what I meant!
Svakk wrote:
hahaha exactlyy what I meant!
Good stuff. Have you gotten a chance to try them out yet? Let me know (of course) if there's anything missing feature-wise, since I still haven't finalized the DCSB Libs for DCS 7 at the current 14, sum(0) through sum(13). I'm still open to adding more if such an addition would add valuable functionality.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours