Are you for it?
No
 33%  [ 1 ]
Yes
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Polysoup would really help with maps for this game especially since one could just go inside a modeling program model their map out within an hour or so. (Depends on how detailed they want it.) Then have it in FB in a matter of seconds for setting up lighting ingame. This can also apply to other objects for artists like bricks.

Can you explain what this actually is? I'm quite vague on it.
Video's description: "PolySoup collision test in the FPS Environment Pack using TGE 1.5.2 and Ben Garney's OPCODE polysoup resource"
Lucas W wrote:
Video's description: "PolySoup collision test in the FPS Environment Pack using TGE 1.5.2 and Ben Garney's OPCODE polysoup resource"
All I see is random brushes placed on the landscape. Are you telling me that the collision meshes on those brushes are getting auto-generated from the brush itself? If so, impressive.
In brief it is Polygonal collision, and all of those aren't brushes they're meshes.
Jimmg wrote:
In brief it is Polygonal collision, and all of those aren't brushes they're meshes.
Ah, I thought that polygonal collision meshes were inherent to Torque objects. I could swear I remember putting cylindrical collision meshes around my vehicle wheels...
Nope. This is engine generating collision for non convex objects.
Jimmg wrote:
Nope. This is engine generating collision for non convex objects.
Ah, that's actually quite impressive then. Smile
That demo uses OPCODE, which is limited in its portability. Bullet supports arbitrary collision meshes, and ripping out the current physics and replacing it with Bullet is my next highest priority after after the graphics/LDraw stuff, but I would strongly caution against abusing polysoup in a sandbox game.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours