Doors CS 6.7 beta introduces many bug fixes and features to Doors CS, most notably the addition of the DCS BASIC libraries, also known as the DCSB Libs. These allow TI-BASIC programmers to take advantage of most of the Doors CS GUI subsystem features that ASM programmers have been using since Doors CS 6.0. They also offer functions that can be used for facilitating games and other programs, when combined with the XLib, Celtic, and PicArc compatibility libraries that Doors CS packs in. With Doors CS, you can take advantage of the widest variety of libraries available in any current shell or library package.

Documentation on the new functions has not been fleshed out yet, although the Doors CS wiki has a page about the DCSB Libs to accompany the Third-Party BASIC Libraries page on the XLib, Celtic III, and PicArc functions included. Further details of the DCSB Libs can be found in the first post of this topic, and the information on the wiki will be updated this weekend.

As always, please try it out, report any bugs or feature suggestions, and enjoy! Don't forget to see how the DCSB Libs could be used to enhance your Cemetech Contest #7 entry. As of this second, there are precisely 60 days until the final deadline for the release of Doors CS 7.0! The demos listed below demonstrate some of the features and sample usage of the DCSB Libs.

Download
Doors CS 6.7 Beta
Demo: Lights Out DE v1.0
Demo: DCSBL Race v1.0
Demo: DCSQuad Solver v1.0

Darn, pretty nice again! I liked the racing game especially, and lol at that Quadratic Solver XD, nice
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Darn, pretty nice again! I liked the racing game especially, and 0x5 at that Quadratic Solver XD, nice
Thanks. Smile The solver is just about done; I'll try to release it in the morning before I head to work.
I noticed that you automatically die in the DCS racing game when in the highest speed, 8. Also, good job with this Very Happy I lo l'd at the quadratic solver Razz
Now all we have to do is get that quadratic solver featured on ticalc.org Razz
wow... this looks nice...
downloading and uploading to my calc right now! XD

thanks!
now i can have fun testing again
Shweet! I'm excited Smile

*downloading*
JoeYoung wrote:
That's looking pretty epic, JoeYoung! Smile

Swivelgames wrote:
Shweet! I'm excited Smile

*downloading*
Great, let me know what you find.

WhiteValkery wrote:
wow... this looks nice...
downloading and uploading to my calc right now! XD

thanks!
now i can have fun testing again
Nifty; I hope you don't succeed in breaking it. Wink
Question. The xLib and Celtic3 libraries included in DoorsCS? Are the command sets the same as if you were actually using the respective app, so that I could make a program compatible with both DoorsCS and the original app, or would i have to make a separate edition for compatibility with DoorsCS?

Also, and this was already addressed in a topic, but I can't seem to find it: how would you go about testing to see if Celtic3 and/or XLib libraries are installed in DoorsCS (in much the same way that det([[1]]) checks that Celtic3 app is installed)?
Awsome Kerm, I really like it, im experimenting with these libraries Wink
Nice, can't wait to try it out!
Out of curiosity, does DCS make 3 archived appvars titled "TI83RAM1" "TI83RAM2" "TI83RAM3"? I just noticed these on my calc, and I haven't seen them before.
"TI83RAM1" is 16401 bytes
"TI83RAM2" is 16401 bytes
"TI83RAM3" is 1553 bytes
Hmm, funny that does not happen to me player...

Give us some details
_player1537 wrote:
Out of curiosity, does DCS make 3 archived appvars titled "TI83RAM1" "TI83RAM2" "TI83RAM3"? I just noticed these on my calc, and I haven't seen them before.
"TI83RAM1" is 16401 bytes
"TI83RAM2" is 16401 bytes
"TI83RAM3" is 1553 bytes
I'm assuming you're running DCS on a TI83 rather than an 84. Wild guess here but DCS is likely creating alternate RAMS to store programs in due to the small RAM of the 83.

And it's storing those in the non-user accessible parts of the memory? ?? D:
I'm using an 84+se. And that sounds like it could be right, as when I run some programs I only have about...800 bytes of ram, but I never noticed these before... meh. I'll wait to see if KermM says its DCS doing it Very Happy

What do you mean by "non user accessible memory"?
But.... But.... A ti83 has no archive D:
Quote:
User Memory 128 KB/48 KB (newer models) RAM (24 KB user-accessible)
Firmware Memory 2 MB Flash ROM (1.5 MB user-accessible)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TI-84_Plus_series
Err nvmd my last statement, I was post snipped
hmm...
i did some testing around and have found no bugs so far!

not sure about garbage collection bug yet though...

p.s. where can i get that quadratics solver!? XD

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours