This is BRILLIANT! (Sorry, just saw this topic, but I really like the idea of using DCS's GUI features in BASIC programs.)
would there be a way to make a series of three to six options, centered alignment, cursor starts on the topmost one, and pressing down auto-takes you to the second one? (pause menu: When in a course: "Continue / Return to Map / Quit" When in World Map: "Continue / Choose World (exists after you have more than one world) / Save (exists after you beat W8-FinalCastle) / Inventory / Quit")

Or a similar arrangement: Two options, side-by-side at the bottom of the window, pressing right takes you to the rightmost one? (this one's used a lot: confirming saves, confirming quitting, confirming leaving the course)
Deep Thought wrote:
This is BRILLIANT! (Sorry, just saw this topic, but I really like the idea of using DCS's GUI features in BASIC programs.)
Thanks! This is a few days from being completed; I am one routine to generate token values from "ASCII" (not really) strings from being completely done with sum(0) through sum(12) other than testing, so I hope everyone will get a chance to enjoy playing with it soon.

Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
would there be a way to make a series of three to six options, centered alignment, cursor starts on the topmost one, and pressing down auto-takes you to the second one? (pause menu: When in a course: "Continue / Return to Map / Quit" When in World Map: "Continue / Choose World (exists after you have more than one world) / Save (exists after you beat W8-FinalCastle) / Inventory / Quit")

Or a similar arrangement: Two options, side-by-side at the bottom of the window, pressing right takes you to the rightmost one? (this one's used a lot: confirming saves, confirming quitting, confirming leaving the course)
It sounds like you're talking about the sum(13) idea, Menus that you navigate with the arrow keys rather than via the mouse cursor. I also like the confirmation menu idea.
sum(12) is working! You can initialize the mouse, interact with things like checkboxes and text input boxes and all those fun things, then get a string back with information about form elements, and a list with the final coordinates of the mouse, the type of click used, and which hotspot triggered the GUIMouse to terminate.

Looks like it's coming along great there, Kerm. I'm excited Smile

Keep up the good work Very Happy
swivelgames wrote:
Looks like it's coming along great there, Kerm. I'm excited Smile

Keep up the good work Very Happy
Thanks, Swivel! I'm going to write a small demo application, then publish this tomorrow, hopefully. Anyone who wants to play around with it and try out a demo of their own is welcome to contact me. Smile
How about a quadratic solver as the 2nd demo? Razz
Silver Shadow wrote:
How about a quadratic solver as the 2<sup>nd</sup> demo? Razz
Haha, good call, that'll be the third demo then, as I'm making a little racing game as the second demo. Smile Good call, though.
I just got a splendid idea. What if I added some GUI support to the most recent Design-3D version (and support for 255-frame animation Cool )? However, then it also would be usefull with a "line(" command that's way faster than the TI-OS one.

Anyways, I will not have the time to do it this summer, and problably not in the next year (cause of school), so I can't promise anything.
olav_nordmann wrote:
I just got a splendid idea. What if I added some GUI support to the most recent Design-3D version (and support for 255-frame animation Cool )? However, then it also would be usefull with a "line(" command that's way faster than the TI-OS one.

Anyways, I will not have the time to do it this summer, and problably not in the next year (cause of school), so I can't promise anything.
That would be great, I love it! If you don't get a chance, I may even try to do something along those lines myself. Smile [Edit: No pun intended]
KermMartian wrote:
olav_nordmann wrote:

That would be great, I love it! If you don't get a chance, I may even try to do something along those lines myself. Smile [Edit: No pun intended]

It's OK for me. I even think I actually stated here before that I considered D3D "done" on my part.

However, if you actually try to do something with it, I suggest it's a good idea to try to document the variables (perhaps I should do that). Every module has more or less it's own usage of the variables, but quite a few of them are not reset everytime a module is loaded (mainly to make navigating in the visual editor easier for the user). Almost every single variable is being used at some points.

So to sum that up; some variables are used temporarely to reduce the filesize (like if a constant appears a lot, it's usually just stored in a variable, and the variable is used instead of the number), some variables are "global" (like the coordinates in the editor, IIRC), and some are used locally in modules. I kind of lost controll over them at one point, and that caused me a whole lot of debugging headace.
Kerm, you definitely need to find a place in there to add a new line( function O_O

One that's faster then the TI-OS one and that deals with pixels, not coordinates. Possible? Very Happy

e.g. sum(#,15,14,45,34 Very Happy
swivelgames wrote:
Kerm, you definitely need to find a place in there to add a new line( function O_O

One that's faster then the TI-OS one and that deals with pixels, not coordinates. Possible? Very Happy
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new

I hated having to reset the graph screen so I could draw my GUI's
swivelgames wrote:

e.g. sum(#,15,14,45,34 Very Happy
Real(12 is what you're looking for. Smile That's what I use to draw the obstacles in the DCSBL racing game. Check out the Third-Party BASIC Libs page, particularly when I flesh it out with details.
Sum(13) is more or less complete, pending a few bugs! I'm quite concerned though, because I'm down to 868 bytes free on Page 2. Sad Check it out!

You decide to wait until right after I get a beta on my calc to implement the one feature I know I'm using? Wooooooooow
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
You decide to wait until right after I get a beta on my calc to implement the one feature I know I'm using? Wooooooooow
Well, it's not like I released it; I still need to do a tad more debugging. Smile Does that about cover what you guys had in mind when you suggested the feature?
KermMartian wrote:
Does that about cover what you guys had in mind when you suggested the feature?

That's consistent with my expectations.
merthsoft wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Does that about cover what you guys had in mind when you suggested the feature?

That's consistent with my expectations.
I can't tell whether that's an insult or a complement. Very Happy

Edit: Aight, so I tracked down the source of the bug I was seeing: looks like when the last token in a string is more than one character long, the length calculation is incorrect. "prgm" turns into "prx", for example. This doesn't happen on the 6th=last line, for some unknown reason.

Edit #2: This suggests to me that it's the next copy or PushGUIStack that overwrites - perhaps insufficient space reserved at PushGUIStack?
*bump* Huzzah! Screenie and code of fully-functional sum(13)!

BASIC Code wrote:
:sum(13,0,8,8,"TEST","F8888888F8","Item 1┼ITEM TWO┼tan(*tan(4┼log(²X+][┼²‾../┼Six itemth one┼HOW ABOUT NOW?prgm┼ln(End┼Scrolling!┼More and more┼EVEN MORE AsmPrgm┼","AAABACAD E EABACAD EAB
:Lbl AA:ClrHome
:Pause "1
:Return
:Lbl AB:ClrHome
:Pause "2
:Lbl AC:ClrHome
:Pause "3
:Lbl AD:ClrHome
:Pause "4
:Lbl E:ClrHome
:Pause "5
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005-2010 Cemetech

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours