ztrumpet wrote:
I had another idea:
Can you press a letter on the keypad (ex: press [PRGM] for C) and be taken to the page with the first program of that letter, kind of like the TIOS program menu itself? Smile
That's something else I've thought about, and I think it would be a very helpful feature for people with a ton of programs. I'll definitely take it under advisement; there would be a few small problems, the main one being that some of the letter keys conflict with existing hotkeys, such as the [4][5][6] [1][2][3] system.
The title screen of DCS will crash when I start it after running pokmeon. I'm guessing its an issue with the mouse starting too far offscreen and it crashes as it tries to draw it
hmm...
there doesn't seem to be anymore bugs then the ones that have already been mentioned here Surprised
BuckeyeDude wrote:
The title screen of DCS will crash when I start it after running pokmeon. I'm guessing its an issue with the mouse starting too far offscreen and it crashes as it tries to draw it
All fixed. Smile I never got to notice this because of various beta-testing factors. Cheers to Flygon and Buckeye for helping me find this.

Edit: Here's the .8xk, if anyone else wants it:
http://www.cemetech.net/files/dcs6.6.3_beta.8xk
Great!!

Now just the nspire bug, and everything is all set.

Oh and perhaps a little more Xlib testing. (I will see what I can do)
qazz42 wrote:
Great!!

Now just the nspire bug, and everything is all set.

Oh and perhaps a little more Xlib testing. (I will see what I can do)
Oh yeah, I haven't gotten a chance to look into that yet. I hope to be able to once I get more of these DCSB Libs into place.
Yeah, those basic libs should be good. I dont know what I want from them though...
Somehow, I notice a speed increase when playing Reuben Quest 2 with DCS 6.6 instead of Omnicalc. The speed increase is not considerable, but walking around seems closer to 3 FPS than 2, now.
150% speed increase would definitely be noticeable Wink
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Somehow, I notice a speed increase when playing Reuben Quest 2 with DCS 6.6 instead of Omnicalc. The speed increase is not considerable, but walking around seems closer to 3 FPS than 2, now.
It shouldn't be too much of a surprise, as I tried to do some heavy optimization of Iambian's routines wherever possible. Smile I'm glad to hear that you see a speedup.
A few more suggestions:
-better compatibility with omnicalc: don't kill omnicalc hooks
-text fractions:
Code:
Text(0,0,0.5>Frac

-support omnicalc's real(*,* functions (at least math ones)
ti84p wrote:
A few more suggestions:
Which one(s) does it kill?

ti84p wrote:
-text fractions:
Code:
Text(0,0,0.5>Frac

You seem to really want that fraction thing, is it for a specific project of yours? Smile
ti84p wrote:
A few more suggestions:
Which one(s) does it kill?[/quote]
I ran DCS once, and the Omnicalc hooks were still present, then I ran DCS again and none of the Omnicalc hooks worked. If you want I can do more testing.

KermMartian wrote:
ti84p wrote:
-text fractions:
Code:
Text(0,0,0.5>Frac

You seem to really want that fraction thing, is it for a specific project of yours? Smile

Fractions and menus, that is really all I see myself using (right now at least, I don't know what I will find use for in the future). Wink
I would use it for my contest entry and many of the programs I write for myself for math classes. Currently I put everything on the graphscreen, then have to change to the homescreen to show the answer as a fraction.

Idea Though I just realized that I could use sum(2 to get fractions on the graphscreen. Very Happy
ti84p wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
ti84p wrote:
A few more suggestions:
Which one(s) does it kill?

I ran DCS once, and the Omnicalc hooks were still present, then I ran DCS again and none of the Omnicalc hooks worked. If you want I can do more testing.
I would appreciate that a lot.

ti84p wrote:
Fractions and menus, that is really all I see myself using (right now at least, I don't know what I will find use for in the future). Wink
I would use it for my contest entry and many of the programs I write for myself for math classes. Currently I put everything on the graphscreen, then have to change to the homescreen to show the answer as a fraction.

Idea Though I just realized that I could use sum(2 to get fractions on the graphscreen. Very Happy
There you go! Although I suspect that if you're planning on using 2.53MP's homescreen fractions, miserable failure will be yours. You could also use the planned sum(13) for your menus. Would that be sufficient?
KermMartian wrote:
There you go! Although I suspect that if you're planning on using 2.53MP's homescreen fractions, miserable failure will be yours. You could also use the planned sum(13) for your menus. Would that be sufficient?
That would be quite sufficient. Though I plan to just use the regular >Frac command because I've only got 2.40 on my calc.
I will be getting a new calc soon, but since the newest ones don't have as much ram, I will have to get an older one. When did TI start putting less ram in the Silver Editions?

I will do more Omnicalc/DCS testing as soon as I get a chance.
ti84p wrote:
When did TI start putting less ram in the Silver Editions?
And why? Sad
swivelgames wrote:
ti84p wrote:
When did TI start putting less ram in the Silver Editions?
And why? Sad
We were having a discussion last night about this in IRC; I believ that the consensus was that it occurred around 2007. You can apparently figure out the RAM capacity of your device by looking at the last letter of the number etched on the back of the case.
Crud, my new 84 SE has missing RAM ;.;

Also, why?
Because it's cheaper to ship the things with 32k of RAM, all of which gets used, rather than 128k which they mostly never touch.
The Tari wrote:
Because it's cheaper to ship the things with 32k of RAM, all of which gets used, rather than 128k which they mostly never touch.
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours