Yeah, I've given up trying to get these people to produce proper English; More or less produce something relatively comprehensible. Half the time I either don't read the post or just guess Sad
Kllrnohj, I'd say that DJ_Omni, JoeYoung, and most of the others in this thread were using good spelling and grammar. I think most of the bad grammar was courtesy of qazz42. Smile
Kllrnohj wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
.. sry, deleted all interfering posts, though he did a good job himself....

Seriously, the overall lack of any form of grammar, punctuation, and spelling in this thread makes me one sad panda. Not to mention I gave up trying to even skim the thread after page 1 because I started getting a headache.

I try to respect the laws of language around here. I haven't had any trouble keeping up with others, so I don't know what the problem is.... >.>
Your name wasn't mentioned so I wouldn't worry about it. qazz42 was directly quoted. He should probably be worried. Laughing
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj, I'd say that DJ_Omni, JoeYoung, and most of the others in this thread were using good spelling and grammar. I think most of the bad grammar was courtesy of qazz42. Smile

Too bad like half the posts in this thread are his.
Errr, I'v gotten better Mad

Also, my grammar is good, you must be talking about my spelling.
Good grammar cannot exist without good spelling. It's like having a 4Ghz PC with 2MB of RAM. Useless.
Well I have good spelling. I just need to make a habit of using it, and the spell checker XD
qazz42 wrote:
Well even that I am good with too.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Well even that I am good with too.
Yoda speaks like he does.
Errr, now yoda I am?

^full thing Wink
yeh, grammer insside teh intrenets iz srs bizness!!!

I'm far from being the best at grammar and spelling (even in French, my native language), but I try to at least do some effort to make sure that when I post on forums, my sentences are properly structured and a spell checker with auto-correction disabled is very useful (if it fails, I just do some searching before posting something).

I tolerate bad grammar but I get a bit annoyed if I can't even understand most of a sentence because it's filled with typos. Some people are much less tolerant towards bad spelling and grammar and will not take you seriously because of it.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I tolerate bad grammar but I get a bit annoyed if I can't even understand most of a sentence because it's filled with typos. Some people are much less tolerant towards bad spelling and grammar and will not take you seriously because of it.
I'm one of those people, but I feel I've made good progress with many members. Player1537/Tanner is an excellent example of someone whose first posts were atrocious, and gradually got better with nagging. Even Jonimus/TheStorm had fairly poor grammar when he joined.

Has anyone heard any updates or news from SirCmpwn?
Well, the last I heaard of him he said

"errm.....hi"
Not sure if he figured out ways to get on yet. I think he's going to another trip soon, though, so regardless if he gets access again or not, he would be gone for at least a month soon anyway.
Darn I must go halfs my summer not speaking to him!??

Mad
qazz42 wrote:
Errr, now yoda I am?

^full thing Wink

Embed fail.
Awww crap
qazz42 wrote:
Darn I must go halfs my summer not speaking to him!??

Mad
Well, just as an head up:

During summer in the TI community, it's typical for forums to become half empty, if not worse. There are even TI boards that never recover (like MaxCoderz). During school vacation people have the time to do trips in other countries or family, where they have no Internet access for extended periods of time. In addition to that, for many people, calculators are not their main hobby. They only do calculator stuff because at school they have nothing more entertaining to do. Once school ends, those people put the little machine in the closet and only pick it up again once school restarts. Most people will just go out instead or play games. It's not uncommon during the second half of July and the first half of August to see days where the three most active TI forums, Cemetech, Omnimaga and TI-BANK, get around 0-9 posts. Because some people also lose interest toward calculators completely during Summer, there are even some forums that barely make it through and have to renew half of their user base once Summer ends.

Trust me, I've been lurking on TI websites for almost 9 years and it's the same thing every year.

I think the monthly stats on Ticalc.org speak for themselves: http://www.ticalc.org/about/webstats.html
I can confirm this. Right now it's really busy around because everyone just finished or is finishing the end of school, is excited to have free time, and is being productive. As the summer wears on, a combination of boredom, relaxation, vacations, and summer jobs will take people away from the community. Come September, there will be a big rush of people coming back, many of them people who are getting calculators for the first time and who want programs and games (hence why I'm aiming my Doors CS 7.0 release for September 1st Smile ).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours