I noticed you resolved the issue with an xlib game, are you going to upload the new version of Doors that takes care of this problem so qazz or others won't report the same problems over and over again? Might be a good idea.
tifreak8x wrote:
I noticed you resolved the issue with an xlib game, are you going to upload the new version of Doors that takes care of this problem so qazz or others won't report the same problems over and over again? Might be a good idea.
I tend to think not, as it is a relatively minor and rare issue that will only occur if an Xlib-using programmer has tilemapped using real(2.. and specified Pic0 using a "0" instead of the accepted "10". I might release an update after I fix a few more bugs, thoughl
Question from Ztrumpet, that I am relaying here in case you might not chech the Omni thread right away:

[quote=http://ourl.ca/4258/97492]Is there any way to have more than 255 programs?[/quote]

I am a bit curious if Doors CS supports more too?
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Question from Ztrumpet, that I am relaying here in case you might not chech the Omni thread right away:

[quote=http://ourl.ca/4258/97492]Is there any way to have more than 255 programs?

I am a bit curious if Doors CS supports more too?[/quote] Please relay back to him that Doors CS supports unlimited programs, but with the catch of a maximum of 255 folders or programs per folder. You can have 12 folders on the desktop, each of which have 200 programs in them, and another 200 programs on the desktop for a total of 2612 programs and folders, for example, and Doors CS will be perfectly happy. Smile Of course, the VAT would take up almost your entire RAM, but Doors CS would be fine with it.
KermMartian wrote:
quigibo wrote:
Don't know if its been mentioned yet, but I found a bug. When I hover the mouse over some black space (I had less than 6 programs) then it gives a bunch of errors presumably because it is trying to look up the tooltip for a non-existent program. Also, I am able to click on the white space and it throws 3 errors in a row trying the execute it.
Fascinating, is this with the latest beta? If so, I must have accidentally broken the section of code that makes it not both trying to look up or run blank spaces when I was fixing up all the issues with >127 programs. Thanks for that, quigibo, added to the Bugs list.
*bumpity bump* And now this issue has been repaired. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, Quigibo. Smile I didn't expect those side effects from my new program-counting logic.
KermMartian wrote:
Please relay back to him that Doors CS supports unlimited programs, but with the catch of a maximum of 255 folders or programs per folder. You can have 12 folders on the desktop, each of which have 200 programs in them, and another 200 programs on the desktop for a total of 2612 programs and folders, for example, and Doors CS will be perfectly happy.

What will Doors CS do if you have more than 255 programs on the desktop (ex. when it is run for the first time)?
ti84p wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Please relay back to him that Doors CS supports unlimited programs, but with the catch of a maximum of 255 folders or programs per folder. You can have 12 folders on the desktop, each of which have 200 programs in them, and another 200 programs on the desktop for a total of 2612 programs and folders, for example, and Doors CS will be perfectly happy.

What will Doors CS do if you have more than 255 programs on the desktop (ex. when it is run for the first time)?
In general, I'd expect it to only display (num_progs)%256 total programs, which should give you an opportunity to create a folder and start stuffing in some programs. I don't think it's likely someone would actually have 256 or more viewable programs (ie, not hidden with Ans or rand) on their calculator.
KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

ZTrumpet wrote:
Is there any way to have more than 255 programs?

I am a bit curious if Doors CS supports more too?
Please relay back to him that Doors CS supports unlimited programs, but with the catch of a maximum of 255 folders or programs per folder. You can have 12 folders on the desktop, each of which have 200 programs in them, and another 200 programs on the desktop for a total of 2612 programs and folders, for example, and Doors CS will be perfectly happy. Smile Of course, the VAT would take up almost your entire RAM, but Doors CS would be fine with it.
Ok good, gonna relay this to him Smile
KermMartian wrote:
ti84p wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

In general, I'd expect it to only display (num_progs)%256 total programs, which should give you an opportunity to create a folder and start stuffing in some programs. I don't think it's likely someone would actually have 256 or more viewable programs (ie, not hidden with Ans or rand) on their calculator.

What do you mean by "hidden with Ans or rand"?

Also, three cosmetic bugs:
    The cursor acceleration option is ignored when the main menu is open.
    The acceleration option cannot be turned off.
    Scrolling (changing screens in the list of programs) is extremely slow (taking 1-2 seconds to show the new list).
Also, when a program is finished executing, Doors CS should return to the screen it was on before execution rather than the start of the program list (the program that was executed should be scrolled into view).
*cough* Edit button. *cough*
ti84p wrote:
What do you mean by "hidden with Ans or rand"?
Take a look at this page: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BASIC_Header . If either Ans or rand is the first token of a program, Doors CS will not recognize or display it. This feature allows BASIC programmers to hide all the annoying little subprograms of their projects from Doors CS, so people only see the real executable. The original token was rand, but some people pointed out that they pass Ans to some of their subprograms, so I added Ans as a second option (since it does not, of course, modify Ans.

ti84p wrote:
Also, three cosmetic bugs:
    The cursor acceleration option is ignored when the main menu is open.
Really? I had thought that this was long since fixed. Just checked, you're right about that, adding it to the To-Do list.
ti-84p wrote:
Yeah, I noticed that myself, added that to the To-Do list as well.
ti-84p wrote:
    Scrolling (changing screens in the list of programs) is extremely slow (taking 1-2 seconds to show the new list).
Hah, if you think that's slow, you should have tried it before I slaved away for a full day trying to speed it up for you. I wrote routines that do as hackish stuff as mess with the VAT to move the GUI appvar to the bottom, and consolidate all 13 pushes to the GUI stack for the desktop into a single _insertmem / copy in the interest of speeding it up. I'll keep looking at it, but there's not much I can do when the calculator has to deal with 1KB or more of data every time it wants to look something up in the VAT.
ti84p wrote:
Also, when a program is finished executing, Doors CS should return to the screen it was on before execution rather than the start of the program list (the program that was executed should be scrolled into view).
This is a very challenging one, as it will require storing (curfldr) and (progsdone) to the appvar, and then restoring them when program execution completes. I'm a bit hesitant about it, but I'll put it on my To-Do list anyway and think about it.
KermMartian wrote:
ti-84p wrote:
Hah, if you think that's slow, you should have tried it before I slaved away for a full day trying to speed it up for you. I wrote routines that do as hackish stuff as mess with the VAT to move the GUI appvar to the bottom, and consolidate all 13 pushes to the GUI stack for the desktop into a single _insertmem / copy in the interest of speeding it up. I'll keep looking at it, but there's not much I can do when the calculator has to deal with 1KB or more of data every time it wants to look something up in the VAT.
Thanks, I didn't realize it took that much work.
MirageOS scrolls quickly (at least when only scrolling one program at a time). Perhaps you store the list of programs into the folder appvar, then read from there to display the list of files. Then each time Doors CS starts, you could check for new files and add them to the appvar.

KermMartian wrote:
ti84p wrote:
This is a very challenging one, as it will require storing (curfldr) and (progsdone) to the appvar, and then restoring them when program execution completes. I'm a bit hesitant about it, but I'll put it on my To-Do list anyway and think about it.
Again, MirageOS does this, but I don't know how. I don't think MirageOS source is available, but perhaps you may be able to figure something out by disassembling it.
I don't mean to cause you a lot of extra work, nor do I mean to bash Doors CS with MirageOS, but I only know MirageOS because that is all I have used for the last two years. I like some of the features Doors CS has that MirageOS lacks, so I would hope that it could meet or beat all of MirageOS's features.

Also, how can you tell what Shell Expansions are available and enabled? I think I have one on my calc but I don't know where so that could be causing some of my slowness.
Regarding the Shell Extensions, that's a good question, I really should make a little icon appear in the taskbar when there's an SE active. The SE that you have, by the way, is TabFuncs; if you delete it, Doors CS should indeed get faster. You don't need it anyway, because the TabFuncs functionality is built into Doors CS now. Smile

I take no offense at being compared to MirageOS; the whole point of competition is to try to come up with something more attractive to users than any of the alternatives. Smile I'll certainly give the idea about saving one's place on the desktop a try, and although I said it was challenging, that doesn't mean I still won't attempt it.

Finally, a followup on some of the bugs and suggestions you reported. So it turns out that acceleration actually _is_ enabled in the DCS menu, but because the MouseHook required there is much smaller than the MouseHook that the desktop uses, it runs much faster, so the acceleration isn't noticeable. Would you like me to purposely waste cycles to slow it down to the same speed, or is the apparent lack of acceleration not the end of the world? I bet the difference is particularly noticeable for you because the desktop runs SEs, while the DCS menu does not. If you delete TabFuncs, some of this difference should disappear. And regarding disabling acceleration, I'm working on re-adding that now. It looks like I had it at one point, but then I removed it.
OK, thanks. I figured Shell Extensions might be slowing it down. I will delete TabFuncs and see if that helps.

Let me know when you have something you want me to test.
I deleted TabFuncs, so Doors CS goes a little bit faster, but it is not a dramatic improvement.

Also, is there any way to bulk move files into a folder?
ti84p wrote:
I deleted TabFuncs, so Doors CS goes a little bit faster, but it is not a dramatic improvement.

Also, is there any way to bulk move files into a folder?
Not currently, no. It's probably not something I'm going to add to DCS, but I've considered it as an external program. Would people have an interest in that?
Yes, especially if you want to put all the Mario levels on your calc into one separate folder.
KermMartian wrote:
ti-84p wrote:
Yeah, I noticed that myself, added that to the To-Do list as well.
And now it's done, although that took me much much longer to do than I had hoped, thanks to lots of distractions.
"Bug" report: Non-hybrid headers don't allow 16x16 icons.
Also, do you tell DCS the parent program from the header of the associated, or vice versa?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours