I tried playing http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/383/38359.html

and the intro went fin, when it came to actuall playing it was stuck on a pic of a 99. I could not exit out so I did a break. This caused my calc's colors to be inverted, which they still are.
qazz42 wrote:
I tried playing http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/383/38359.html

and the intro went fin, when it came to actuall playing it was stuck on a pic of a 99. I could not exit out so I did a break. This caused my calc's colors to be inverted, which they still are.
Easily fixed, and now it's fixed. Razz

Schoolhacker, I replicated your problems with 2.53MP. It's a combination of two problems with the OS:

(1) 2.53MP messes up the MenuContext values used in previous OS versions, as per my edits on WikiTI
(2) The GetCSCHook mechanism is ignoring the fact that I return $1A and nz in the flags, which is supposed to let the OS read a key normally, but in this it's not happening.
qazz42 wrote:
Yes silvershadow, the off thing is the nspire bug.

Can I ask a favor of you silvershadow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW3cmax-HCA

Watch that and tell me if it is the same bug you have. I brought this to Kerm's attention but so far a solution has not been found yet. :/

EDIT: I made a video because I think I am incompetent at explaining this bug and also felt a visual representation would be nice. Razz

Yep, I've got the same problem.
Wait it is the same exact, like it happens the exact way in the video?
Yep.
Ok cause I was leading Kerm to beleive the it turned off and did not turn on at all. i did not mention that the desktop apppears once
Well, it first didn't turn on at all, but on a later version (6.4 or 6.5), the desktop appeared once, and only then did the bug happen.
qazz42 wrote:
Ok cause I was leading Kerm to beleive the it turned off and did not turn on at all. i did not mention that the desktop apppears once
No, that was your original report. Then I fixed a few things, and you reported that it only turned off permanently once you left Doors CS. You said that as long as you were still within Doors CS, you could turn it on and off at will.

Silver Shadow, thanks for the confirmation on the bug. I'm still trying to brainstorm why this is happening; obviously it's some kind of TI-OS intervention, but what?

Schoolhacker, I believe I've fixed all GarbageCollect issues under 2.53MP, I'd appreciate if I could send you a version to test.
How do you shut down the calc BTW? Do you make it believe that it's time for APD?
Silver Shadow wrote:
How do you shut down the calc BTW? Do you make it believe that it's time for APD?
No, I manually do things like turn off the LCD and put the calculator in low power mode.
Can you try putting it into APD instead? That should solve the Nspire bug.
Silver Shadow wrote:
Can you try putting it into APD instead? That should solve the Nspire bug.
It would indeed, but that's not the most elegant solution, as it relies on the OS; I'd prefer to try continuing to fix my method. Based on the symptoms of the problem, it theoretically should only be a fix of a flag or a byte to repair the problem, so I'll continue to think about it.

Schoolhacker, the problem seems definitely fixed, I confirmed that the Garbage Collect override works nicely on both 1.19 and 2.53MP.
wow... sweet... i will get testing as soon as my exams finish Smile
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
No, that was your original report. Then I fixed a few things, and you reported that it only turned off permanently once you left Doors CS. You said that as long as you were still within Doors CS, you could turn it on and off at will.

Silver Shadow, thanks for the confirmation on the bug. I'm still trying to brainstorm why this is happening; obviously it's some kind of TI-OS intervention, but what?

Schoolhacker, I believe I've fixed all GarbageCollect issues under 2.53MP, I'd appreciate if I could send you a version to test.

That is what I meant
schoolhacker wrote:
Excellent, shall I email you a private beta to check the GarbageCollect issue, or shall you just check out 6.7 around July 4th (or earlier).

So the main things now are to whittle away the remaining XLib bugs, which I'm doing with Qazz's help on the testing end and Iambian's help on the coding end. I also need to work on a final spec for the BASIC interfacing, so keep giving me feedback!
KermMartian wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:
Excellent, shall I email you a private beta to check the GarbageCollect issue, or shall you just check out 6.7 around July 4<sup>th</sup> (or earlier).

So the main things now are to whittle away the remaining XLib bugs, which I'm doing with Qazz's help on the testing end and Iambian's help on the coding end. I also need to work on a final spec for the BASIC interfacing, so keep giving me feedback!

well... what ever is easier for you Smile
Don't know if its been mentioned yet, but I found a bug. When I hover the mouse over some black space (I had less than 6 programs) then it gives a bunch of errors presumably because it is trying to look up the tooltip for a non-existent program. Also, I am able to click on the white space and it throws 3 errors in a row trying the execute it. I'm using 6.6 btw.
quigibo wrote:
Don't know if its been mentioned yet, but I found a bug. When I hover the mouse over some black space (I had less than 6 programs) then it gives a bunch of errors presumably because it is trying to look up the tooltip for a non-existent program. Also, I am able to click on the white space and it throws 3 errors in a row trying the execute it.
Fascinating, is this with the latest beta? If so, I must have accidentally broken the section of code that makes it not both trying to look up or run blank spaces when I was fixing up all the issues with >127 programs. Thanks for that, quigibo, added to the Bugs list.
I downloaded it literally about half an hour ago from the sidebar of the DSC wiki under "Newest Betas" becasue I wanted to upgrade to test the header issue I was having (which I fixed now thanks again for that).
quigibo wrote:
I downloaded it literally about half an hour ago from the sidebar of the DSC wiki under "Newest Betas" becasue I wanted to upgrade to test the header issue I was having (which I fixed now thanks again for that).
Superb, then I will look into those first thing in the morning. And thank you muchly about the header. Would you be so kind as to make a post to the same effect in that Axe Bug Reports thread I started for the dual purpose of making sure it's noted that it's resolved, and making sure that I'm not double-posting the next time I post a bug report? Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours