[size="5"]EDIT: Please, even if you will not contribute to the project, just say something... Is it too ambitious? Is it impossible to do?... Anything will be appreciated [/size]
Welcome to the Project Thread of an upcoming title for the TI-83+/84+ series of calculators. This game is an RPG that, when completed, will have a small site to host leaderboards, and a place to post player characters, that can then be downloaded by anyone and appear as fighteable NPC's on the other's calculators.
But first, a note on the nature of the project. I'm not a programmer. I can scarcely do anything more complicated that a small, turn based battle or, with difficulty, a walking routine, all in BASIC. Therefore, and also taking in account the sheer size of it, this project is open source, and everyone is welcome to help, provided they sign up first by replying to this thread. People wishing to take part in this project should choose to enter the Programming and Technical Division, the Creative Division, or both. I will therefore sign myself up in the Creative Division.
- Division: Creative Division
- Skills: Story writing and World developing. Have won various prizes in writing competition, particularly on the Runescape Fan Fiction Wiki, where I am an active contributor.
- Tasks: Coordinating the Creative Division, and outlining the story/plot, quests, and world.
Anyways the project aims are as folows:
- Creating a reference in TI-83+ RPGs, particurarly in developiong a local and online multiplayer expirience.
- Developing a massive, living, breathing world, with time-based challenges, such as competitions that happen only on the 1st day of the month, shop discounts on weekends, for instance.
- Making updates, like new quests or equipment, available with relative periodicy, by simply tranfering extra programs/appvars to the calc.
- Anything suggested.
If enough support is shown, I will create a sourceforge page for the project, as well as put all my effort onto it. However, I, least of many people, cannot do it alone. If there is no support, this project will be discontinued.
Enough talk. Post away! :roll:
Current version: [size="5"]v0.00
Objectives for next version:
Programming and Technical Division (Programm. Div.)
Creative Division (Creative Div.)
- AndrePD (me )
I have one question. Pure Basic? If so, I will sign up for Programming team. I think I'm pretty good. Not the best, but pretty good. Also, I have noticed that people on the site, not to knock anyone, have been especially reticent lately. Just an observation. I've asked for help, but no one answered. I'll help. I have managed to create a game with a simple town made of three panes, where you could walk around and talk to NPC's. I'll help however and whenever I can. I am currently working on something else for a friend though, so I may be distracted sometimes.
Thank you very much. I do not know, however, what will be the type of program. (Basic, Basic+xLib, asm, Ion...). I will put that in a poll as soon as (and if) we have more contributors. Also, there's no need to feel pressed to work 100% on this project. I expect most of the contributors will be only part-time... Just help where you can and whenever you feel like. Thanks for your collaboration!