The retro server has activity started as my build for a large skyscraper has begun. I will try to get a timelapse gif of the tower being built (iso-view only, will grab all rendered images from dynmap, stitch the images, crop out the tower, throw into ffmpeg, and get a gif).
cemetech-mc: Thought I should drop this here as it was touched on slightly in IRC, but what will happen with 1.8 on the map?

retro: The nether was regenerated. From requests, the nether is suggested to have PvP enabled for fighting. Overworld and probably critical spots in the nether will still have PvP disabled.

Anyone up for spleef or other MC fun at some point?
Cemetech-mc:
AHelper, if memory serves, I believe I heard the plan was to just expand the current map. the new expanded area would contain the new "naturally generated" blocks. But, this was a while ago, things may have changed.

I'm looking forward to Granite, its such a pretty block for making things.

Retro: sounds cool to me.

spleef: SPLEEFSPLEEFSPLEEFSPLEEFSPLEEF!
Luxen wrote:
Cemetech-mc:
AHelper, if memory serves, I believe I heard the plan was to just expand the current map. the new expanded area would contain the new "naturally generated" blocks. But, this was a while ago, things may have changed.
This is indeed still the plan. The map will be expanded by 500 to 800 blocks in each direction, the rail branches will be extended, and I'm considering a circummap rail as well. Sufficient work has been put into all towns that I have no intention of wiping the map soon.
As for reports of the spawn station being broken, I cleared out the queues and reset the terminals.

The stations outside of spawn act oddly, like skipping stops or making you stop without button presses. Latter can be fixed by using the approach pressure rail to reset the switch.
AHelper wrote:
As for reports of the spawn station being broken, I cleared out the queues and reset the terminals.
Did people manage to queue up directional choices without using them or something? Maybe I should add a timer that clears the sand/gravel after a minute if a cart didn't pass.
I found the secondary queue had an extra sand block in it, I cleared that. Probably from lag or someone bailing.
With the recent drama over bukkit and the possibility of no future bukkit released, other servers may have to be used. Due to similar mods on the retro and official server, I will experiment with various replacement servers and mods and report back here with options once available (Waiting on forge to move to 1.Cool.
AHelper wrote:
With the recent drama over bukkit and the possibility of no future bukkit released, other servers may have to be used. Due to similar mods on the retro and official server, I will experiment with various replacement servers and mods and report back here with options once available (Waiting on forge to move to 1.Cool.

I think that the Sponge project will be the main API for minecraft servers in the future wich will be using the Glowstone server software.
Do we also know how far the worldborder will expand of 1.8 comes out on the cemetech server? Nevermind, I just learned to read Razz.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours