Asian wrote:
Alright, who rigged my base!?
I don't want to waste 10k figuring this out, but if you go to the world border, go as far as you can so you're standing on the border line, and make a town outside the border, what happens?
I believe it was a group effort. Why not just learn to remove the traps? And if you try to make a town on the border, you won't be able to access most of your town.

AHelper wrote:
@KermM, would the server name "Cemetech Retro" be fine with you? Asking due to Cemetech branding, but then again, the map is already branded.
I would like if we could come up with some name that made it clear it's separate from the official Cemetech MC server, but I'm having trouble thinking of a good name. Something like "Cemetech Retro MC Tribute" sounds quite awkward.
Unless KermM/comic disabled commands outside the map, you'll have a town afaik.

@KermM: "[Community] Classic Cemetech"?
Bump, waiting on comic to see if he has a nether world backup. The server gained a new path leading out west of spawn. Only things left before the server launches are the nether world, permissions filtering, poking more about the name (as well as spawn signs, see below), web frontend, and IRC.

Since the world already has signs such as "Welcome to\nCemetech's\nMinecraft\nServer", I can either rename these somehow or put a notice in the MOTD along the lines of "This server is hosting Cemetech's 1.6 PvE map. This server and map are not directly affiliated with Cemetech.net."

CVSoft: Would it be possible to add IRC linking for the server? Right now I have it linked to XMPP.

<edit>

Server is up for a bit for testing purposes, available at (URL farming bots, get ready): a̼̩̭̻̣h̭̯̬̙̞̲͕͕̙̝̞͓͖̬e̮̝̼͍̘̘̜̗̗̗̟̜̭̼̳̤̥l͇͉͙p̰͈̝͓e̱̠̞͓͖̲͓̤̘͉̪͚̖̬͎r̩̼̮͚̝͉̟̗̳̘͉͕̥̩̩͍̥̠.͇̩̫͚̺u̯͓̖͇̗̰͔̞͕̤͕͎͍̙̪s̟͇͇̼̥̫̩̠ͅ.̥̙̳̻̻̙̣̼̫͓̦̞̹t̖̭̱̥̗̹̻̣͎̳̬o̳̫̺͈͎̥̙͓̳͈:̗̦͎̦̻͎͇͓̥͉̖̜̘̲̫̼̳͇ͅ1͕͓̮͓̼̣̘͉̳̦̦̬͓̜̣͎̰3̣͔̞̻̟̱̣̥̼͎̩ͅ3̙͈̦̲̲̭̙̞7̱̱͕͚̝
Totally. Should we do something very similar to what we already have on the Cemetech PvP server? I'm a bit lazy Razz
Expecting KermM to object about keeping all Cemetech-related in #cemetech-mc, IRC will be linked to #cemetech-mc-retro.

The server will still be undergoing more setup (IRC, backups, restarts, other monitoring, dynmap fixing, etc.) in the week.

A vote needs to be held to determine what should be done about the nether, but looks like starting fresh is best, giving new portal mapping, more resources, but leaving rails to be rebuilt (I will probably assist in materials and building since that was a server-side issue).
Congratulations, CharlesSprinkle, for getting into and rigging traps up to my base. *I will get you*
lol, it seems the only politics I care about are towns raging at each other.
First there was ShoeBlox. Then there was Pumpkin 2.0®©™℠. Beware the 32x32x32, 4 block thick floating pumpkin, coming soon (Thursday)!
AHelper wrote:
Expecting KermM to object about keeping all Cemetech-related in #cemetech-mc, IRC will be linked to #cemetech-mc-retro.
I object. Smile I don't see any reason why I should be in even more IRC channels (and I still object to the existence of #cemetech-ut for advertising UT games for that reason).
Would a merge between all of cemetech's game channels help? Right now, there are 2 MC, the UT, the quiz channel, the cemeretrek which might have stopped. That would simplify ops, reduce channels, yet still keeping them separate from the main #cemetech channel. All channels combined, most would just be mc linking bot from the PvP server.
AHelper wrote:
Would a merge between all of cemetech's game channels help? Right now, there are 2 MC, the UT, the quiz channel, the cemeretrek which might have stopped. That would simplify ops, reduce channels, yet still keeping them separate from the main #cemetech channel. All channels combined, most would just be mc linking bot from the PvP server.
I think having them all combined into a single channel makes sense; #cemetech-play or something akin to that. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
AHelper wrote:
I think having them all combined into a single channel makes sense; #cemetech-play or something akin to that. Smile

Now, I will agree to moving all games-channels into one *except for quiz* as that seems a little too IRC-specific as linkers wouldn't work (it would be each IRC user vs. all MC players vs. etc.). #cemetech-ut is using wormbot to forward everything as-of now. I can see that channel merging in if it stops broadcasting kills and gets limited to chats, new maps, join/quits, and a short score updates (That cuts out most of the useless noise). MC, not bad, RetroMC and CemetecMC use (R) and (M) respectively. Those can be made to work nicely together.

I have secured #cemetech-play as well as #cemetech-games as the suffix play seems a bit odd to me :/

Also, RetroMC is able to forward ore discoveries to IRC:
Quote:
[21:33:21] <RetroMC> (R) [Server] ahelper just found 22 blocks of [coal]
[21:33:33] <RetroMC> (R) [Server] ahelper just found 3 blocks of [iron]
[21:34:12] <RetroMC> (R) [Server] ahelper just found 4 blocks of [redstone]
[21:34:47] <RetroMC> (R) [Server] ahelper just found 4 blocks of [iron]
[21:35:14] <RetroMC> (R) [Server] ahelper just found 8 blocks of [iron]
[21:35:27] <RetroMC> (R) [Server] ahelper just found 89 blocks of [coal]
[21:35:34] <RetroMC> (R) [ahelper] WHAT THE HELL

Holy coal vein, batman!
Seconded as a good preemptive to registering even more channels down the road, e.g., #cemetennis, #cemetetherball, #cemeten-pin, or #cemeteam-fortress. Maybe even #cemetiddlywinks or #cemetic-tac-toe for the youngsters.
Besides the server taking up some lag at times (An AMD laptop with a defective GPU and a heat problem), the retro world is getting work done on it. Still waiting on that naming and IRC channel discussion.

This weekend will probably include fixing the nether and picture importing.
AHelper wrote:
Besides the server taking up some lag at times (An AMD laptop with a defective GPU and a heat problem), the retro world is getting work done on it. Still waiting on that naming and IRC channel discussion.

This weekend will probably include fixing the nether and picture importing.

Safe to say absolutely no work was done. I'll get around to more work at some point.

<edit>

Some progress was made in the form of a mumble server put up for the retro MC channel to use.
The greatest scientists of the server are currently observing and performing experiments on the mysterious force named the 'CVPillars'. These weird pillars appear to be suffering from a 7-bit wraparound as the blocks wrap around from the bottom of the world and down from the sky. What one wise man that forgot to use signed numbers once said 'What goes up must come down and come down and come down...' (he was met an unfortunate end due to badly factored code involving a stack overflow).

To be more serious, CVSoft is riding the bull by the horns by taking a pillar to the center of the world to be the first person to fall into the void. I have posted and talked about these, but these seem to be very active, moving quite quickly for something that shouldn't even be moving.

These pillars are also generating ores for us to fund our scientific endeavors. Sadly, no amounts of gold or diamonds were located, but infinite quantities of lava, stone, dirt, coal, and iron were obtained. Pictures follow.

Coords are in the images, anyone can feel free to explore and conduct experiments of their own. Pistons break when their arm gets caught in the pillar, liquids are deleted, blocks removed and regenerated with random replacements, blocks placed are deleted, drops and lava are not phantom dupes.

#cemetech-mc wrote:
[00:44] <CemetecMC> (M) CVSoft fell out of the world

Via the power of the mighty CVPillars, I am the first survival user to fall through the world.
As it is, going through bedrock isn't all that hard, since the Dark Oak thing still exists Wink
AHelper wrote:
The greatest scientists of the server are currently observing and performing experiments on the mysterious force named the 'CVPillars'. These weird pillars appear to be suffering from a 7-bit wraparound as the blocks wrap around from the bottom of the world and down from the sky. What one wise man that forgot to use signed numbers once said 'What goes up must come down and come down and come down...' (he was met an unfortunate end due to badly factored code involving a stack overflow).
I love the poetic backstory you've given to these pillars, yet I unfortunately will try to eradicate them. I can only imagine which misbehaving plugin (cough Towny cough) is responsible for this insanity.
I would play MC to remove my 100kd debt, but sadly I can not play on a chromebook. Can't wait until I pay it off. Life is tough (100kd is a lot, for those who don't play on the server)
KermMartian wrote:
AHelper wrote:
I love the poetic backstory you've given to these pillars, yet I unfortunately will try to eradicate them. I can only imagine which misbehaving plugin (cough Towny cough) is responsible for this insanity.

Well, since I've made it through the landscape via one of those pillars I'd say that I'm done with them. There should be more over at the former Arcadia7 but I haven't seen them move.
Today [Saturday, July 26th, 2014 @ 19:35 PDT], we broke the record of the number of users online, having 17 users simultaneously present! 11 of us were able to gather at the spawn for some screenshots and randomness.

At spawn for screenies:

The dynamic map during record activity:

More screenies:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours