Seems like a glass pane missing at -283 164 -471.

Ore Obfuscator is doing some really weird/bad things, such as showing visible blocks (any type) in sections as groups of ores, not changing to their actual blocks until a bit of time after breaking them (connection lag?).

There are also problems where breaking blocks ... fail. You can keep trying to break a block and nothing. Same thing with usable blocks like doors not being able to close and such.

On Win7 for me I am getting some really odd lag. When I say lag, I mean the window updates at approx 7fps, yet MC reports 100-200fps. Anyone else seeing this? Or is this just me?

Sidenote: Working on bringing up the PvE map with all player inventories the same, chests still there, still whitelisted. Planning on letting builds there continue.
Sorry to be blunt, but I'm very good with setting up and maintaining permissions and plugins, and people say that I'm a good moderator.
I'm not asking to be moderator or anything, far from that. I just want get away from my mod duties.
I also run a ComputerCraft server, so that keeps me busy. But, to Cemetech I go!
/town commands are not working inside spawn area.
Pizzaboy wrote:
/town commands are not working inside spawn area.
This is a rather blunt way of preventing people from trying to found a town inside Spawn. They wouldn't be able to bypass spawn protection, but it would be a pain to delete such towns and give the mayor his or her denarii back.
I have a suggestion for the server, but it's viable only if Kerm wants to run a Forge-modded server, because the mod I'm about to suggest requires Forge. The mod is called Weather and Tornadoes, by Coros mods, also known as the "weather mod". There are two versions of this mod... one is unstable and doesn't work well, but the Coros version works very well.

Here's what it does:

1. Mods the weather system. Instead of standard weather (clear, rain, storm), you have 5 tiers (clear, rain, storm, severe storm, hurricanes).
2. The last two tiers can spawn tornadoes. By default, the tornado can pick up anything weaker than stone, but the config files allow direct control over what blocks can be picked up, and you can stop it from picking up anything.
3. Adds wind to the game. At the lowest levels, wind is not noticeable, but as it picks up, it provides resistance walking, and during a tornado and hurricane, can pick you up into the air and drop you.
4. Adds waves to the game, and a surfboard ;p
5. Adds a tornado sensor, which produces a redstone current when a tornado is within 100 blocks, and a tornado siren, which wails when powered.

**Tornadoes, by nature of the mod, will spawn near player-made structures, and track towards them. It may miss entirely, but there is a variable that controls how far a tornado can move out of its current path (veer off and miss a structure).

**This mod is slightly CPU intensive, because of the programming of the weather system. Something to note.
Speaking on behalf of Kerm here. It's not going to happen. We just started 1.7.2 and Bukkit and there's no desire to really install a new plugin and mod the server again (Are Forge & Bukkit even compatible with each other?)

The other deal breaker is the CPU. Most of our resources go to (a ctually rather reserved for) Cemetech. It's much more important to us to have a functional website - when we get a major influx of users - over a weather system in minecraft.
Would it be feasible to put diamonds in the store, for both sell and buy (or just sell)?
Diamons are already in the store... That big area with the chests and pictures. Not sure diamonds (or anything for that matter) are sellable though.
In towny, it seems like you can both only make one town, and also join one town. If you make a town, that counts as joining one.
There are a couple of cases both I and a few others are wondering about--

What if you establish a town, but can't get more players to join your town? Perhaps in the worst case, if no one joins your town? Protected building becomes very limited and you may only have 6 plots at best to work with while another town full of people has very very many plots to work with and has much more freedom to make big awesome things. Especially with a very very large world by comparison to the amount of people and town sizes we have, I feel like its very restrained what a single person is able to do in the world protected without Ahelper taking over everything lol.

This brings up the question, would it be possible to join multiple towns? i.e. What if you have your own town with just your house, but you see that someone else in a different town is starting up a large project that you think is amazing and would like to support it, and they could use your help as well? It doesn't seem that you're able to do so at the moment because you're limited to only one town that you're a part of. So you could only remain a spectator, and they wouldn't be able to have you be a part of it. The only solution would be to build unprotected.
Especially building large-scale, it would be definitely impossible unprotected.

It would be really cool to be a part of more than 1 town to be able to do things like this. Perhaps also founding multiple towns. I had an idea of starting up an underwater city that others would be interested in being a part of, but is impossible to do because we would have to ditch our towns and houses, and also the plots allotted per person in the town would probably not generate enough protected space to be able to make it possible.
charlessprinkle wrote:
In towny, it seems like you can both only make one town, and also join one town. If you make a town, that counts as joining one.
That's correct.
charlessprinkle wrote:
There are a couple of cases both I and a few others are wondering about--

What if you establish a town, but can't get more players to join your town? Perhaps in the worst case, if no one joins your town? Protected building becomes very limited and you may only have 6 plots at best to work with while another town full of people has very very many plots to work with and has much more freedom to make big awesome things. Especially with a very very large world by comparison to the amount of people and town sizes we have, I feel like its very restrained what a single person is able to do in the world protected without Ahelper taking over everything 0x5.
You're right, you are limited being on your own. You have an incentive to either attract other players to work with you, join a large town, or invite more friends to the server to join your town.

charlessprinkle wrote:
This brings up the question, would it be possible to join multiple towns? i.e. What if you have your own town with just your house, but you see that someone else in a different town is starting up a large project that you think is amazing and would like to support it, and they could use your help as well? It doesn't seem that you're able to do so at the moment because you're limited to only one town that you're a part of. So you could only remain a spectator, and they wouldn't be able to have you be a part of it. The only solution would be to build unprotected.
Especially building large-scale, it would be definitely impossible unprotected.
It would indeed be impossible to build something large and unprotected without it getting raided/griefed. The dilemma is whether to maintain your town anyway, ally yourself with the other town by creating a nation, or switch to their town.

Quote:
It would be really cool to be a part of more than 1 town to be able to do things like this. Perhaps also founding multiple towns. I had an idea of starting up an underwater city that others would be interested in being a part of, but is impossible to do because we would have to ditch our towns and houses, and also the plots allotted per person in the town would probably not generate enough protected space to be able to make it possible.
Although you can only be a member of one town, towns in a nation can set their permissions to let other nation member towns' members build in their town as well. You can even set specific players as "friends", regardless of town or nation, and let them build in your plots.
The PvE server was supposed to be hosted on AHelper3, but I swapped it for AHelper-1 for more power. Except, it needs to have a better OS put on it (debian). The server will eventually get moved to bukkit and hosted once I have a PC that doesn't insist on turning off all of the time Neutral
I collected enough gold to found a town named Pepper, so now we have a whopping 6 towns on the server, and so far no official alliances in the form of nations. If you haven't checked the server out yet, you should.
Just a question. How does the Cemetech server operate? I've been reading and it looks like a mesh of a war server, PvP, and spontaneous construction. Also looks like a kind of world that relies heavily on diplomacy. I'm interested but I really just want to build stuff and have an occasional war.
It operates as if it were PvP. Any structures made on unprotected land are fair game but the populous is (mostly) civil but don't be shocked if you log in to missing items in your chests.
Apparently eggcatcher was added here? Anyone care to post a mod list or at least mods that are usable?
I just want to note that we have six big, active towns on the Cemetech Minecraft server now, as you can see on the dynamic map. There's plenty of interesting politics to go around, as well, and talk of alliances and nations. There have even been some high-profile raids and thefts, to the surprise of practically no one. Don't forget to join us and bring your friends!
*bump* Towns and politics continue to rage, and we have a lot of active users. Keep joining and bringing your friends! Also, an issue or two has been fixed, including a Towny bug that was preventing assistants from working properly.
AHelper wrote:
The PvE server was supposed to be hosted on AHelper3, but I swapped it for AHelper-1 for more power. Except, it needs to have a better OS put on it (debian). The server will eventually get moved to bukkit and hosted once I have a PC that doesn't insist on turning off all of the time Neutral

The PC that is to host the MC server is slowly getting there. I am waiting on a system to launch MC as a daemon and have terminal access on a web interface. I have also taken another fly-around on the map and everything looks... burnt. Fire wasn't disabled, but that is to be expected until the final bukkit setup is done and the vanilla map is put in.
Bump, work has started up earlier today on getting the old PvE map up and running. The server is being bumped up to 1.7.9. It will run whitelist only as it originally was (If you were whitelisted, you can join once it goes up) for now, at least until more permissions get fixed to allow spectating. Still working on getting mods and permissions set up.

@KermM, would the server name "Cemetech Retro" be fine with you? Asking due to Cemetech branding, but then again, the map is already branded.

<edit>

Due to WorldGuard ignoring build permissions, I cannot get spawn protected and will not be able to launch the server until a suitable method for protection is found.

<edit>

Spawn protection was resolved, here are the current items that need attension:
  • Update spawn buildings
  • Add world map to spawn
  • Get server running from an init script
  • Updates to rail in spawn area
  • Mod permissions
Alright, who rigged my base!?
I don't want to waste 10k figuring this out, but if you go to the world border, go as far as you can so you're standing on the border line, and make a town outside the border, what happens?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours