*bump* As you can see in the above post, a lot of hard work made syntax highlighting and command completion with Ctrl-Space a reality. I must also tip my hat to Deep Thought, for providing sample code for writing a CodeMirror tokenizer that was MUCH clearer than the CodeMirror documentation, once again to Shaun McFall for the token XML files, my copies of which are rapidly diverging from the originals, and a second tip to Shaun for inspiring the color codes and classes of coloring I decided to use. I'm pretty confident that the BASIC highlighter is good, but considering that my Axe is not so good at all, and I cobbled things together from what I could find documentation-wise, please help me by testing completion and coloring in all languages. I should also mention that Deep Thought has given me kind permission to pull information from his Catalog project, provided that I credit him for transcribing TI's guidebook and link to the Catalog project. I will use this for displaying command arguments and explanations, if the user chooses to enable this.

Edit: Todo list:
Known Bugs:
[X] Fix -s-a-v-i-n-g-/- exporting single files vs projects (need different buttons)
___[X] Export String/Appvar/Program/List/Matrix directly above editor, along with Export CSV (and Export BBCode/HTML?) where appropriate
___[X] Export Project/Save Project at the top
[X] Ask about saving projects when opening a saved project
[ ] Things like A<|LMINE(1) turns into the <| symbol. Fix by syntax-highlighting token boundaries
[ ] Comments and \s don't get saved in the project list. Save plaintext of tokenized formats (strings, equations, programs, appvars)
[ ] Can't properly re-export .8xi/.8ci/.8ca as part of project
[ ] Make sure jsTIfied is paused on load + hidden
[ ] Neaten up alignment in the bar above the program editor
[ ] Resize things when calculator skin changes -> jsTIfied
[ ] Check that hovering over the project pane works, and make the hovering clearer.

Feature requests:
[X] Implement preprocessor -> comments
[ ] Sprite editor
[ ] Loop-counting
[ ] Indentation
[ ] User-resizeable code box
[ ] Exporting lists and matrices as CSV files
[ ] Delete projects from saved project list
[ ] Toggleable indentation, syntax highlighting, command hinting?
[ ] DOM Storage-saved preferences for above?
[ ] Autosave
___[ ] Need to send single file(s) on save
___[ ] Autosave on tab-switching
___[ ] Autosave on import/export to/from jsTIfied
___[ ] Autosave at ~1 minute intervals
___[ ] Autosave should be incremental
Information from the catalog has been implemented, and Deep's Catalog (and TI) will shortly be properly credited.

Known Bugs:
[ ] Things like A<|LMINE(1) turns into the <| symbol. Fix by syntax-highlighting token boundaries
[ ] Comments and \s don't get saved in the project list. Save plaintext of tokenized formats (strings, equations, programs, appvars)
[ ] Neaten up alignment in the bar above the program editor
[ ] Check that hovering over the project pane works, and make the hovering clearer.

Feature requests:
[X] Catalog (command arguments and explanations)
[X] Exporting lists and matrices as CSV files
[ ] Sprite editor
[ ] Loop-counting
[ ] Indentation
[ ] Autosave
That's pretty awesome there. Good to see things still progressing on this Smile
tifreak8x wrote:
That's pretty awesome there. Good to see things still progressing on this Smile
Thank you! I feel like I'm talking to myself in this topic sometimes, but I remain confident that people are using it and finding it helpful. I actually just added SourceCoder 3 links to SourceCoder 2.5, which I realize I had forgotten.
*bump*

Known Bugs:
[X] Check that hovering over the project pane works, and make the hovering clearer. -> Fix text alignment -> Fixed with jQuery CSS manipulation (ugh)
[-] Things like A<|LMINE(1) turns into the <| symbol. Fix by syntax-highlighting token boundaries -> Decided against it, as differences in syntax coloring should be enough.
___[ ] Analyze all possible token pairs (offline) to identify ambiguities and adjust tokens accordingly. Push to Merthsoft.
[X] Neaten up alignment in the bar above the program editor
___[X] Change styling on RAM/Archive and Locked/Unlocked settings
[X] Fix setting of RAM/Archive and Locked/Unlocked fields on file change
[-] Fix loading project setting subtype -> Files just need proper header
[X] Fix alignments in Internet Explorer
[X] Box or otherwise delineate editor panes?
[ ] Fix race condition in syntax highlighting
[ ] Fix drag-n-drop in Chrome
[ ] On token type change, try to re-tokenize and de-tokenize, or keep current text on failure. This will fix library function misnaming.
[ ] Credit Catalog and TI for the catalog information

Feature requests:
[ ] Sprite editor
[ ] Loop-counting
[ ] Indentation (toggleable?)
[ ] Autosave
*bump* I made a little draggable handle under the editor pane that lets you resize the editor, but I really find it quite awkward indeed. What would you guys prefer? Little buttons that let you add or remove one line at a time from the editor? Some other solution?
To be honest, Kerm, I quite like the editing window at a fixed size, but that's my preference. I felt the draggable handle was a little fiddly with a touch pad and there weren't any measures that stopped you from dragging into infinitum.

As for SC3 in general, it's really sleek and impressive. A cut above SC2!
I am fine with it either way.

However, I have another suggestion: Make the Cemetech front page link so that it goes to SC3 instead of SC2. This I mean:

ElectronicsGeek wrote:
To be honest, Kerm, I quite like the editing window at a fixed size, but that's my preference. I felt the draggable handle was a little fiddly with a touch pad and there weren't any measures that stopped you from dragging into infinitum.
I have decided to remove the drag handle. Instead, I set the height of the editor and the token pane to the height of the browser's viewport minus 100px. That way, there's room for the project control buttons, the file control buttons, and the whole editor without scrolling the page.

Quote:
As for SC3 in general, it's really sleek and impressive. A cut above SC2!
Thanks very much! That's what I was aiming for. And the backend code is finally sane and actually a pleasure to maintain.

DJ_O wrote:
I am fine with it either way.

However, I have another suggestion: Make the Cemetech front page link so that it goes to SC3 instead of SC2. This I mean:

Thanks, I had forgotten to update that. I have updated the link and alt/title for now, and I'll have to update the logo image at some point.

Known Bugs:
[-] Things like A<|LMINE(1) turns into the <| symbol. Fix by syntax-highlighting token boundaries -> Decided against it, as differences in syntax coloring should be enough.
___[ ] Analyze all possible token pairs (offline) to identify ambiguities and adjust tokens accordingly. Push to Merthsoft.
[ ] On token type change, try to re-tokenize and de-tokenize, or keep current text on failure. This will fix library function misnaming.
[ ] Credit Catalog and TI for the catalog information
[ ] Fix importing of CSV with trailing blank line
[ ] Deal with {r1}/[r1]/r1 issue with Axe tokens

Feature requests:
[X] User-resizeable code box -> Implemented, but later changed to static size
[ ] Sprite editor
[ ] Implement Export as HTML and Export as BBCode
[ ] Loop-counting
[ ] Autosave
___[ ] Mark dirty on changes
___[ ] Warn on leaving page
I started creating a rudimentary sprite editor that will edit monochrome TI-BASIC and Axe sprites, 3- and 4-level grayscale Axe sprites, and OS palette color sprites. The palettes are in place, the essentials of detecting sprites for the editor are in place, and I need to figure out how I'm going to handle unknown sprite sizes and actually setting pixels.
Good luck, sounds like it could be complicated stuff.
tifreak8x wrote:
Good luck, sounds like it could be complicated stuff.
Thanks, I'm still trying to figure out how to best handle the mechanics of it. Here's what I have so far: displaying the editor and palettes for monochrome hybrid TI-BASIC, monochrome, 3-level gray, and 4-level gray Axe, and OS palette TI-84+CSE hybrid BASIC.

I like it. Bugs:

Clicking "Check File" queues animations rather than disregarding an existing one and showing the current status. See: Hit the button a bunch, it is queuing animations.

Feature Requests:

Add an "Add file" button with a popup of the various files that can be added to the current project based on calc type.
AHelper wrote:
I like it. Bugs:

Clicking "Check File" queues animations rather than disregarding an existing one and showing the current status. See: Hit the button a bunch, it is queuing animations.
Will fix.

Quote:
Feature Requests:

Add an "Add file" button with a popup of the various files that can be added to the current project based on calc type.
Other than going to Main Menu and adding the file there?

Improvements in the sprite editor: Loading sprites from existing programs and editing them. Here's editing the DCSE8 icon in FROGGER as well as the car sprites in FROGGER. The main things still missing is writing the sprites back to the program, and properly closing the sprite editor on blur.

Despite Javascript doing its best to make my life impossible, I finally have the sprite editor properly writing back the resulting sprite and then disappearing on blur events that are not due to its children getting focused. There are a few small issues that remain with it:
- Despite not being supposed to, it steal keypresses when typing sprites manually
- Double-quote-marks after sprite?
- Doesn't remember when quotes were intentionally omitted
- 'G'-compression switch remains untested

Good night.

Edit: Implemented project deletion with confirmation.

Known Bugs:
[X] Credit Catalog and TI for the catalog information
[X] Credit Merthsoft and TokenIDE for token files
[X] Fix importing of CSV with trailing blank line
[ ] Deal with {r1}/[r1]/r1 issue with Axe tokens
[ ] Image conversion's Prizm Lua section is escaping " and showing &quot;
[ ] Sprite editor bugs
___[ ] Despite not being supposed to, it steal keypresses when typing sprites manually
___[ ] Double-quote-marks after sprite?
___[ ] Doesn't remember when quotes were intentionally omitted
___[ ] 'G'-compression switch remains untested

Feature requests:
[X] User-resizeable code box -> Implemented, but later changed to static size
[X] Sprite editor
[X] Delete projects from saved project list
[ ] Track original type for Pic/Image files and allow storing in project
[ ] Add Add File button in edit view
[ ] Loop-counting
[ ] Autosave
___[X] Mark dirty on changes
___[X] Warn on leaving page
Bug: Image conversion's Prizm Lua section is escaping " and showing &quot;
Thanks for reporting that, I have added it to the list of known bugs. Last night I also wrote a tiny PHP program (really just a whole bunch of nested loops) and analyzed ambiguous token bigraphs. Based on the results, Shaun and I decided to change the |> and <| tokens to [|>] and [<|] sequences respectively. I am currently running a check over the Axe tokens to see if there's anything of concern there.

Known Bugs:
___[X] Analyze all possible token pairs (offline) to identify ambiguities and adjust tokens accordingly. Push to Merthsoft.
[X] Catalog hint not disappearing properly suddenly?
[X] Upgrade key-handling code in completion module
[X] [X] Close catalog and completion widgets when another of the same type opens
[X] Deal with {r1}/[r1]/r1 issue with Axe tokens -> Handled as per this post.
[X] Image conversion's Prizm Lua section is escaping " and showing &quot;
[X] Sprite editor bugs
___[X] 'G'-compression switch remains untested -> tested
___[X] Grayscale sprites not properly detected
___[X] Reconfigure how sprite palette gets chosen
___[-] Double-quote-marks after sprite? -> Can't replicate
___[X] Doesn't remember when quotes were intentionally omitted -> implemented
___[X] Despite not being supposed to, it steal keypresses when typing sprites manually -> need to upgrade to new key system
___[X] Double-check focusing

Feature requests:
[ ] Loop-counting
[ ] Autosave
[ ] Extend Catalog system to Axe language
Among the many other things I got done tonight, SourceCoder 3 can display HTML and BBCode from programs/strings/AppVars for copy-pasting. I believe some bugs remain, specifically in how I am plucking the formatted contents out of the CodeMirror box. I am getting very close to being able to call SourceCoder 3 Beta 2 done and moving on to my next project, however.

Edit: Full window drag-n-drop seems to work in Fx, Chrome, and IE.

SourceCoder 3 (QUAD) wrote:
:ClrHome
:Prompt A,B,C
:If B^2-4AC<0
:Then
:Disp "IMAGINARY ROOTS
:Else
:If B^2-4AC=0
:Disp "DOUBLE ROOT",~B/(2A
:Disp ~B+sqrt(B^2-4AC)/(2A
:Disp -B-sqrt(B^2-4AC)/(2A
:End:End

Known Bugs:
[X] Fix drag-n-drop in Chrome
___[X] Experiment with full-window drag/dropping
___[X] Fix CodeMirror drag-n-drop, if applicable
[X] Comments and \s don't get saved in the project list. Save plaintext of tokenized formats (strings, equations, programs, appvars)
[X] Resize things when calculator skin changes -> jsTIfied
[-] Properly handle incremental saving with files with same name & type in a project? -> Incremental save forgotten for now
[X] Saving shouldn't move cursor
[X] Changing tokenization type, locked/archived flags, project name, or file name should make project dirty/saveable
[X] Make sure jsTIfied is paused on load + hidden
[-] On token type change, try to re-tokenize and de-tokenize, or keep current text on failure. This will fix library function misnaming. -> Omitted for now, because it would remove \s and comments. Maybe consider eventually removing the "smart" library names or making them optional or removable
[X] Fix race condition in syntax highlighting -> refresh() doesn't restyle? -> Fixed with silly insertion and deletion of space at beginning of document
[X] Fix not converting all program text on Export HTML/BBCode

Feature requests:
[X] Extend Catalog system to Axe language
[X] Implement Export as HTML and Export as BBCode
[ ] Loop-counting
[X] Autosave
___[X] Autosave on tab-switching
___[X] Autosave on import/export to/from jsTIfied
___[X] Need to send single file(s) on save
___[X] Autosave at ~1 minute intervals
___[-] Autosave should be incremental -> Every save will be incremental when possible
___[-] Handle "updating" stored project sanely, including different single types and plaintext-stored types
___[-] Disable incremental mode on project rename or file rename
[X] Handle all TODOs, especially concerning handing special types in replaceFile(), loadFileFromSave(), generateBinaryToSave()

To Do, Sunday:
[-] Limit incremental mode to TI projects
[-] Implement replaceFile properly, make api.php call it in proj_save
___[-] Consider using replaceFile or addFile to "preload" files into Parser, then use the loadPartialFromFile to omit the specified file as necessary.
___[-] Consider using indices rather than names for partial file replacement. This will allow file renaming and multiple files with the same name to succeed.
[-] In generateBinary, check how names are handled, especially custom list names.
[X] Consider forgetting incremental mode and just autosaving less frequently (3 minute intervals) with rate-limiting
[X] Implement fromFile and toFile modes with special (invalid) subtypes with high bit set.
*bump* I implemented a great deal of stuff, including a second variety of the HTML/BBCode exporter that is much more robust and will work with any code, including code not currently in the CodeMirror editor field (not that I have a use for that at the moment). I implemented AutoSave, I experimented with incremental saving and decided it wasn't worth it, and I changed how projects are stored so that you can store projects full of things like token delimiters (\ characters) and comments, both of which were previously lost in stored projects. Please test away. I will shortly post a news article about this and move on to my next project.

Known Bugs:

Feature requests:
[ ] Loop-counting

SourceCoder 3 (FROGGER) wrote:
::DCS
:"BBBBBBBBDEECBBBBBBBBBBBE8838BBBBBBBBBBC88988CBBBBBBBBBF8FEFFCBBBBBBBBD89F88FCBBBBBBBDFF9F88ECCBBBBBB8899F38EDCBBBDFF889983FEDDCBCE8888F9FFFFEEDCDF88888F8FFF8FEEDF8383888FEEEDCCCDE88888FEEDCCCBCCDE88888FECCBBBBCCDF88888EECBBBBBCCDFFFFFDCBBBBBBBCCDDDEDCBBBBB
:Lbl AZ
:Menu("F[r]OGG[|e][r] |v4.0","PL[|a]Y",AA,"H[|e]L[p]",H,"Q|u[i][t]",Q
:Lbl Q:ClrHome
:Disp "F[r]OGG[|e][r] |v4.0","BY KERM MARTIAN","WWW.CEMETECH.NET
:Return:Lbl H
:Disp "USE THE < and >","ARROWS TO AVOID","THE VEHICLES.","10 LEVELS","3 LIVES (pipipi)
:Pause :Goto AZ
:Lbl AA:0->L:3->H
:"DDDDDDDEDDDEDDDDDDEFFEEDDDEEFEFEDFEEEEDEDDDDDEEFEFEEEDEDDDDDDCDFDFDEDEDEDDDDCCCFEEEEEDEDEDEDDDDFDFDEDEDEDEDDDDDFEFEEEDEDEDEDEDDEDFDEDEDEDDDDDDDFEEEEEDEDDDDDDDEFDFDEEF3F3FEEDDDFEFFFFFFEFFFFFEEEDFFFEEEFEFEFEFEFE3FFFEFFFFFFFFFFE3333F333F333F3FE3FEFEEDEDEDEEFFD33EDEDEDDDDCE3FE3FEEDEDEDEDDEFFD33EDEDEDEDDDF3FE3FEEEEEEEEDEFFFD33FEEEEDEDEDF3FE3FFEEEEEEEEEFFEDF3FEEEEEEEEEF3FEFFFFFFFFFFEFFFEDF3F333333333FEEEFF3F3FFF3F3FFFEDF3F3F3F3F3FFFDEEFFFFFFFFFF3FEEEDFFF3F3F3F3F3FEFEE33FFFFFFFFF3FFDDEF3F3F3F333FEFEDEDEEEEFEFEFEFEDDDEEF7F3F7EEEDEDEF37377737377FED7373F3F3F37377FF77773F3F3F7F77EE777333F3337777FF77773F3F3F7777F77773F3F3F3F377FF777F3F7FF73777EE737333F333F377FE3FFFFFFFFFFF37EE3EFFFEFFF3FFF3FF3FFFFF3FFFFF37F7F3F3F777F7F373FFF777777777777FEFF37373737373F3FFE77FEF3FFF37FFE7E373F3F3FE73F3FF377737FF37773FEEF37777777773F3FFE77777777777FFEEE37777777773F3FFE7777777777777EEF333F333F333F3FF373F3F3F3F3F77F733FEFFF3FFF377FF37FFFFFFFFFF77FE73FFFEFEFEF377FF77777F7F777777ED77777777777773FE3777777777773FFDE7F333333333FEFEDEEEFF7FFFFFFFEEFFFEFFE6FEEDEDEFEE6F33663F366EDFE66FF3F6F3F6CFEF666F33FF333666DEF6C3FFF3FFF666FE666F3F3F3F3F66FEF663F3FFF3FFF6FF666F3F3F3F3F66FEFFC6C6C666F6F6FE6F6666666666FFFEF366C666C666F3FF6366666666663F6EF3C666C666C6FFEF6F66666666663FEEF366C666C666F3FF6F66666666667FEEFFC6C6C666F6FFFE6F3F6F6F6F7F3F6EF7FFFFF3F3F3F3FE6F3F3F3F3F3F3FEEC3F3FFFFFFF3FFFE667F3FFF3F3F66EEC66FF3F6F3F6C6FF666F33663336666E66CFF3F6F3F6C6FE666F3F663F36666EF666F3F6F3F6C6FF666F3366333666EEF6F6F3F6F3F6F6EFEF6F33663F3F6EDDEEFFF3F6F3FEEDDDDDDEDE6E6DDDDDDEFEF9E9E9EEEEEDEF99999F9F9F893EDE999FF9F9F9FFE9E99989999989999999E999FFFFFFF9E9F99E8F3F3F3F3F9999E9FFFEFFFEF8F9F9993FED3EFC3F9999F9FFFEEEFCF8FFFFFE3FFEDDED3F9FEFF9FFFFFFFFF8FEFF3E9F999F999FFFE9FFE9E9E9E9E9FFEE3F99999999993F99FFE9E9E9E9E9F3EF3F99999999993F99FFE9E9E9E9E9FFF93F999E999E993F99F9F9F9F9F9F9FFEE3E3F9F9F9F8F9F99FFFFFFFFFFF3FFFF9F3F3F3F3F3F3F99F3FFFFFFFFFFF9E99F3F3F3F3F3F8999E99FFFF3FFF3F9F999999F9F9F999E99E9E9E9E9E9F9F9FE99999999999F99EEF9F9F9F9F9F9FFEFEF999F999F9F9EDEFFF9F9F9F9FFEDEEEEEE9F9E9F9DDDDADDDDDDDDDDDDDDAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDADDDDDDDDDDDDDDAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD5757575757575757755575557555755557575757575757575575557555755575575757575757575775557555755575555757575757575757557555755575557557575757575757577555755575557555575757575757575755755575557555755757575757575757755575557555755557575757575757575575557555755575000BBB0000000000000000000000000000B555B0000000000B55555B0B55B0000B55B000B5555B000B55EEEEE5B000000B5BE5555F5B0000000BE5555555B000000BE5555555B000000BE5555555B0000B5BE5555F5B00000B55555555B000000B55B000B5555B000B55555B0B55B00000B555B000000000000BBB0000000000->Str9
:5->Q:DelVar GDisp
:For(X,0,240,16
:For(Z,0,144,16
:UngroupFile(16,X,Z,256(8+not(X)+(X=240)),256
:Repeat L=9 or G or K=45
:DelVar P
:Output(10,19,"LEVEL
:Output(10,25,L+1
:Output(10,1,sub("pipi",1,H-1)+"
:UngroupFile(16,16P,16Q,2560,256
:{0->L5
:{~1->L6
:{0->L4
:1->A:0->B
:Repeat K=45 or G or P=15
:If rand>1-.3L:Then
:If B<A:Then
:For(X,1,A
:If not(L5(X
:Then:B+1->B:A->X
:randInt(1,14->L5(X
:~1+2randInt(0,1->L6(X
:6+5Ans->L4(A
:A+1->A
:randInt(1,14->L5(A
:~1+2randInt(0,1->L6(A
:6+5Ans->L4(A
:A->B
:For(X,1,B
:L4(X
:If L5(X
:If Ans>1
:UngroupFile(16,16L5(X),16Ans-32,512(remainder(L5(X),4)),256
:If Ans<11
:UngroupFile(16,L5(X),16Ans-16,256+512(remainder(L5(X),4)),256
:getKey->K
:If K:Then
:UngroupFile(16,16P,16Q,256(8+not(P)+(P=240)),256
:P+(K=26)-(P>0)(K=24->P
:Q+(K=34)(Q<9)-(K=25)(Q>0->Q
:UngroupFile(16,16P,16Q,2560,256
:End
:
:
:"Erase here
:UngroupFile(16,16P,16Q,2048,256
:
:If G:H-1->H
:If not(G) and K!=45
:L+1->L
:If L=9:Then
:Output(4,4,"CONGRATULATIONS!
:Output(5,4,"YOU BEAT F[r]OGG[|e][r] |v4.0
:Pause :End
:If not(H:Then
:Output(9,5,"SPLAT! YOU LOST.
:Pause :End
:Goto AZ
*bump* The SourceCoder 3 portion of this topic will now continue in SourceCoder 3 Nears Completion.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours