As mention on Cemetech's Facebook page and debated on the Cemetech forum, Cemetech's 11th contest is a lightning contest and begins tomorrow morning. Contestants will have until 11:59pm ET on Sunday to finish their entries. Although the topic will be revealed tomorrow morning, the platform is any TI-83 Plus through TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition z80 calculator, and any language is acceptable, including TI-BASIC, z80 Assembly, C, Grammer, and Axe. Entries will be judged on programming quality, completeness of the entry, and how the contestant succeeded in creating a working entry in less than three days. Since we know very well the different effort required to create a given program in different calculator programming languages, judging will be adequately weighted.

Distinction and prizes will be awarded to the top three entries. Prizes will include Guerrilla merchandise, from the samples we recently reviewed. They will likely also include signed copies of "Using the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" or "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" by yours truly, and might also include a few odds and ends as mentioned in our Post Your Calculator Collection thread. As always, entries' binaries and code may not be shared before judging is complete, and previously-released or publicized projects are not acceptable. Given the time constraints, you are not required to create a Cemetech topic about your entry before the deadline (although it certainly can't hurt you). Good luck to all the entrants, and we are excited to see a lot of excellent entries.

Edit, 12/6/2013, 9:51am ET: The topic has been announced: Doors CS/Doors CSE games. Anything that is a game, was not discussed or released before this instant, and takes specific advantage of Doors CS or Doors CSE features will be acceptable. I'll accept a DCS/DCSE header as fulfilling that requirement, but having the game use other functions would make it more attractive to the judges. Games will mostly be judged on the merit of the concept and how much the author was able to achieve in limited time. Leniency will be given for bugs and incompleteness, although completely nonfunctional programs will receive very low marks.

I'm looking forward to it Smile
Sweet. Will join, best of luck to all the others that join too.
Glad to hear that the two of you will be participating! I'm thinking I should send out a short bulkmail to Cemetech's members to remind them about the contest; what do you guys think? We're aiming to make this an informal, fun contest, so I think the more participants, the merrier.
i will be joining, since i should be online on Friday (school) and Sunday morning(church). i look forward to the contest.
LuxenD wrote:
i will be joining, since i should be online on Friday (school) and Sunday morning(church). i look forward to the contest.
Excellent! Out of curiosity, what language and platform do each of you anticipate using (although I understand it might depend what the topic is)? Also, I can tell you know that the topic is going to be a broad one.
I actually might enter, though i'll put out something simple with my own little formula :3
I do TI-Basic on the monochrome calcs. I dont use libraries; this will be RAW ti-basic. I may also include a snippet of ASM, but highly unlikely.
Kerm: the bulk mail thing would be good to remind people. Im assuming your using the pm sistem.
C is an acceptable language? Time for some GlaßOS action!
AHelper wrote:
Well, based on one half of the contest topic, I'm afraid that won't be happening, most likely. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
AHelper wrote:
Well, based on one half of the contest topic, I'm afraid that won't be happening, most likely. Sad
What other half?
AHelper wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
AHelper wrote:
What other half?
The topic of the contest is going to have two halves (well, two constraints). One of the two constraints will sadly preclude GlassOS programs.
KermMartian wrote:
AHelper wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
AHelper wrote:
What other half?
The topic of the contest is going to have two halves (well, two constraints). One of the two constraints will sadly preclude GlassOS programs.
Will the other constraint be posted when the contest starts? Or...?
Both constraints will be posted tomorrow morning; I'm just not revealing them yet because otherwise people could start writing their entries now and have an unfair head-start.
KermMartian wrote:
Both constraints will be posted tomorrow morning; I'm just not revealing them yet because otherwise people could start writing their entries now and have an unfair head-start.
Sounds good, was just wondering what was limiting it, such as requiring to use DoorsCS GUI libraries if you use Asm or BASIC or any other language that can use DCS GUI stuffs...

Or you must utilize jsTIfied support?
I've been pretty busy; school, girlfriend, learning python, and everything else. But yeah I'll do my best to do it!
zeldaking wrote:
I've been pretty busy; school, girlfriend, learning python, and everything else. But yeah I'll do my best to do it!
Good luck, hope you manage to make it!

AHelper wrote:
Sounds good, was just wondering what was limiting it, such as requiring to use DoorsCS GUI libraries if you use Asm or BASIC or any other language that can use DCS GUI stuffs...

Or you must utilize jsTIfied support?
Nope, you won't be forced to use the DCS GUI API, nor will you be forced to do something with jsTIfied.
Would it be fine for me to post about this on TI-BD?

EDIT: Also, KermM, you should have waited 11 seconds to make this news post.
I'm game! Cool
I have a game I am working on. will that be allowed if the rules allow it since I am already working on it?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours