Before you tell me to download Flashbook to create flash files out of text, that used to work for me before I update my office system. I immediately regret doing that and wonder if anyone knows if I can download anything on my computer or is their anything online that exists where I can turn my text files into 8xk,8xp files etc...?
1) Download Document DE 7, and if you don't already have it, Doors CS 7. Load both to your calculator
2) Use the Document DE converter to turn .txt files into .8xp files
3) Load the files to your calculator and view them. Voila!
I followed all your steps and when I got to the point where I can convert the TXT files to 8xp, I got a screen that said "No file provided for parsing" why am I getting this message
You should only upload files that are about 19KB at the outside. Note the message on the page: "Note: Plain-text .txt files should be at most about 20KB to be useable on-calculator. This converter enforces a hard 40KB limit." I have changed the error message to make it clearer when you're uploading a file that's too large.
yea the file was bigger than 40KB. thanks
pimpgoz wrote:
yea the file was bigger than 40KB. thanks
Ah, that explains it. So is Document DE working for you? Let me know if you have any difficulties.
wait i did have a problem. I was able to convert the program file and download it to my desktop but when I transfered it to my Calculator all it says is GUI Error: need more RAM. believe me this was not a problem I never encountered when I turned text files into 8xk files with Flashbook and I had files that were much bigger than 14KB so what am I doing wrong now? the 8xp files are tolerable, the 8xk text files I could scroll through super fast.
pimpgoz wrote:
wait i did have a problem. I was able to convert the program file and download it to my desktop but when I transfered it to my Calculator all it says is GUI Error: need more RAM. believe me this was not a problem I never encountered when I turned text files into 8xk files with Flashbook and I had files that were much bigger than 14KB so what am I doing wrong now? the 8xp files are tolerable, the 8xk text files I could scroll through super fast.
Flashbook operates in a very different fashion from Document DE. DocDE is built to allow documents to be created, viewed, and edited on-calculator, so documents must fit in RAM. Flashbook only allows viewing, so data can reside in the much larger Archive. That error means your documents are too large to view with the current amount of free RAM, so make sure to (1) shrink them and/or divide into multiple files and (2) Keep documents in Archive all the time. Doors CS will copy them to RAM automatically when necessary.
I get an error that says "The signature for this object is not valid. Please obtain a new copy of this objet." I'm not sure what this means. I have a TI-84+ C Silver Edition...
What kind of file are you trying to send to your calculator, alenoesha? Is it a .8xk? If so, this is a monochrome TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus App that cannot run on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition.
Yeah, I'm sorry, 10 seconds after posting that I realized that. I went and downloaded the proper version of DCSE 8, but it doesn't look like there's a document app.

Is there any quick and easy way to get documents on the 84+C SE? I swear back in 2009 or 2010 I put documents onto an 83 or 84, and it was incredibly easy. Either I'm implanting false memories in my brain, or my intelligence has declined since then.
alenoesha wrote:
Either I'm implanting false memories in my brain, or my intelligence has declined since then.

...it's neither. The CSE works differently than the monochrome calcs, and as such it's not easy to port Assembly programs and/or apps from the latter to the former.

I'm not aware of a program that can easily get documents onto the CSE, although others would know more than me about that topic.
Are my options for apps significantly higher with a standard 84+ SE?
The simplest way is to use sourcecoder and paste your text into a BASIC program, which can then be viewed in the oncalc program editor.

I dont believe there is a notes program for the CSE as yet?

http://www.cemetech.net/sc
alenoesha wrote:
Are my options for apps significantly higher with a standard 84+ SE?

I'd say so, yeah. Remember, the monochrome calculators have been around for at least 20 years if not more, so they've had plenty of time for people to make hundreds of programs for them. The CSE, on the other hand, is relatively new, so there obviously aren't as many programs/apps for it as the monochrome edition/s.

And tr1p1ea is correct, that's your best bet as of now.
Haha, of course I opted for the less desirable calculator. Just did a basic program and don't think I can tolerate that. Just going to attempt to use images of the text or go back to monochrome. Thank you for bearing with me.
Nah, it's actually a really fun calculator. Smile I threw together a quick text viewer that works with the online Document DE converter; I can add editing later on. Smile Is this something that could be useful? (It's less flickery, that's just the gif issues with capture. Cool )

DOWNLOAD

I had to remove the "File Selection:" string at the top because the bcall _vputs is having some issues on-calc. Any ideas? Think it is beacause it is too near the top. Thanks! Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
I had to remove the "File Selection:" string at the top because the bcall _vputs is having some issues on-calc. Any ideas? Think it is because it is too near the top. Thanks! Smile
I don't think I ran across any issues with _vputs at the top of the screen in making Doors CSE. What kinds of issues was it having?
KermMartian wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
I had to remove the "File Selection:" string at the top because the bcall _vputs is having some issues on-calc. Any ideas? Think it is because it is too near the top. Thanks! Smile
I don't think I ran across any issues with _vputs at the top of the screen in making Doors CSE. What kinds of issues was it having?

Nah, it was just beacuse I was setting up my window incorrectly. IT was pretty late last night... Oh well. Razz I'll probably add a whole slew of features at some point. Anyhow, here it is:

DOWNLOAD
Hello,

Can you please explain how to use source coder? When I paste my file for editing I see a lot of error messages and different colors red, blue, green and have now idea what to do/ change. Please help!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours