Doors CSE 8.0 is a shell for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. It is an extension of Doors CS to TI's new color-screen calculator, and provides everything you might expect from older shells like Doors CS, MirageOS, or Ion. Doors CS lists and can run all of your TI-BASIC and Assembly games and programs. It lets you organize your programs into folders, archive, lock, and hide them. It gives you extra features like an enhanced TI-BASIC editor, a clock, lowercase letters, and much more.

This is a Release Candidate, meaning that it's a preview of what the final Doors CSE 8.0 will look like. My Cemetech beta testers have provided invaluable assistance in finding and tracking down a host of bugs, so I am confident that it represents a high level of quality. However, in the interest of making sure that the Doors CSE 8.0 that spreads to students' calculators is as bug-free as humanly possible. Therefore, I urge you to please try out Doors CSE 8.0, run all of your programs with it, explore all of its features, and please submit both positive and negative comments and reports. Let me know about features that you find to function well, programs that work with Doors CSE 8.0, and of course also emphasize anything that breaks. In your bug reports, please include step-by-step directions to replicate your problems.

A final note: As this is a release candidate and likely contains bugs, it launches with a large warning message. Please do not distribute it to your friends yet; a final Doors CSE 8.0 will be available for that soon. Without further ado, download and enjoy!

Download
Doors CSE 8.0 Release Candidate 1

Yeah I noticed earlier that you planned a release of RC1 at any moment and am happy to see it out now. I really love how this looks like and the included features. Hopefully I get some more time to test it between work, HP Prime and sleep. Smile

Also good move about the warning to not distribute to friends. I remember at school over here that most people rarely had the latest versions of Ion and Mirage, even if new ones had come out like 2 years ago. If they see the warning that this is not the final version, maybe this could be an incentive for them to visit Cemetech to check for updates and grab the latest version. Smile
I can't wait to see if this fixes the bug I mentioned earlier... It'll have to wait until after the PSATs though...
Thanks to both of you. Smile

Important Note: I discovered and fixed a problem with TI-BASIC programs that use Lbl/Goto shortly after releasing that. Please make sure you get the latest version and have at least Build 1207 on your calculator.
I found a bug, got to panic level 4 I think.

In any menu, If one of the menu options is "DISPLAY" and it is clicked, it will crash the calculator.

It didn't happen all the time, but about 95% of the time. I also found that it was more likely to happen if the time was set to 12 hr when the calc reset, than 24 hr. Explain that one...

(build 1205), that may be why.

Thanks anyway.
That sounds like a manifestation of the Lbl/Goto bug mentioned above, since menus are essentially Goto's. Please re-test with Build 1207 if possible and see if the bug recurs.
About the folder name corruption issue, I tried to replicate it again today and nothing happened. Weird, but I guess it may have just been a one-time thing. I'll get back to you if it happens again, but for now i think you can wipe it off the bugs list.

Oh, and congrats on the release of RC1! I have multiple friends who want to use this new shell, I'll let them know that progress is being made.
Chaldron: Thanks very much for that update. Thank you also for upholding the request not to spread around the experimental versions; that means a great deal to me. Please do let me know about any further bugs you encounter, or if you fail to encounter bugs, please tell me about things that work right for you so I can cross them off my pre-release checklist.

Edit: Planned new features/fixes:
- Try to find a BCALL that provides the verbose error messages for BASIC errors
- Try to make a det(11...) that can set text background and foreground colors
- Update SDK
I found a bug. I was editing your clock program, and i quit the editor. Then, i tried to run the program and it ran EXTREMELY slow. It ran at normal speed after resetting the ram.
CalcGuy123 wrote:
I found a bug. I was editing your clock program, and i quit the editor. Then, i tried to run the program and it ran EXTREMELY slow. It ran at normal speed after resetting the ram.
What specific steps can I perform that will replicate this problem?
KermMartian wrote:
CalcGuy123 wrote:

umm... edit your analog clock and then run it...
CalcGuy123 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
CalcGuy123 wrote:

Edit it from Doors CSE or the homescreen? With the improved BASIC editor option enabled or not? Run from the DCSE desktop or the homescreen? RAM or Archive?

Edit: I tried to run it from the homescreen, then edit it there, then run it, and it didn't slow down. I ran it from the DCSE desktop, then pressed [ON] and chose 2:Goto, then quit and re-ran it, and it didn't slow down. Smile That's why I request specific details.
KermMartian wrote:
CalcGuy123 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
CalcGuy123 wrote:

Edit it from Doors CSE or the homescreen? With the improved BASIC editor option enabled or not? Run from the DCSE desktop or the homescreen? RAM or Archive?

Edit from Doors with improved basic editor. Running from Doors: 4x slower, homescreen: 2x slower. It was in archive.

This happened twice, worked fine the third..
i'm going to try it once more.

EDIT: this time i just entered the Doors editor and it slowed down.
EDIT 2: Happened again...
CalcGuy123 wrote:
Edit from Doors with improved basic editor. Running from Doors: 4x slower, homescreen: 2x slower. It was in archive.

May I ask you for step-by-step instructions? The OS tends to slow things down in the editor; DCSE compensates by repeatedly setting fast mode. However, it always seems to recover when Doors CSE returns to the desktop. Have you seen different behavior?
KermMartian wrote:
CalcGuy123 wrote:

May I ask you for step-by-step instructions? The OS tends to slow things down in the editor; DCSE compensates by repeatedly setting fast mode. However, it always seems to recover when Doors CSE returns to the desktop. Have you seen different behavior?

hmm... was improving the clock, and after editing and exiting, the program runs at half speed.
I downloaded Doors CSE 8.0 release candidate 1 last night on to my calc, but I was upset to see the mouse cursor gone. Can you please add the mouse cursor and add the battery percentage onto Doors CSE 8.0 for the final version. I also didn't like that it said the size of the program by bytes. Can you change that to go by kilobytes when the size is over 1,024 bytes and megabytes when it's over 1,024 kilobytes and gigabytes when it's over 1,024 megabytes.
Ephraim B wrote:
megabytes when it's over 1,024 kilobytes and gigabytes when it's over 1,024 megabytes.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Secondly, DCS8 will not have a cursor. I'm sure there's an explanation in the topic somewhere.
Ephraim B wrote:
I downloaded Doors CSE 8.0 release candidate 1 last night on to my calc, but I was upset to see the mouse cursor gone. Can you please add the mouse cursor and add the battery percentage onto Doors CSE 8.0 for the final version.
The user interface has been changed from Doors CS 7 to Doors CSE 8. In deference to the majority of users who either liked the mouse cursor but also were open to a non-mouse interface, or who disliked the mouse, Doors CSE 8.0 will omit the mouse.
Quote:
I also didn't like that it said the size of the program by bytes. Can you change that to go by kilobytes when the size is over 1,024 bytes and megabytes when it's over 1,024 kilobytes and gigabytes when it's over 1,024 megabytes.
TI-BASIC and z80 assembly programs can only be up to about 21KB, so it makes sense to display the maximum program size without rounding to the nearest KB. 3500 bytes and 4499 bytes, both of which round to 4KB, can be the difference between almost 5% of your RAM being available! Thanks for trying out Doors CSE 8 RC 1 and for the feedback, of course.

CalcGuy: I see the cuplrit for the occasional slowdown, but it should quickly be repaired as soon as you run another program or quit and re-enter Doors CSE. I'm working on a more permanent fix.
Can you still add the battery percentage to both Doors CS 7.2 and Doors CSE 8.0. Making the size of the program go by kilobytes will make it more simpler.
Can you make it so you can create new BASIC Programs within Doors CSE 8 shell.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours