Avast ye! Doors CS 5.5 beta 1 is upon us. I'll let the description speak for itself:
Description wrote:
This is the first public release of the Doors CS shell as a Flash Application. Taking up a mere single page of archive/ROM space, this program is a complete shell and GUI for TI-83+/TI-84+ graphing calculators. It also contains a complete shell for the TI-83, Doors CS v5.1. Embedded but not yet activated in this version are such amazing features as a full GUI API. Doors CS can recognize and run nearly every type of TI-83/+/SE/84+/SE file available, including Ion and Doors CS ASM programs, TI-OS BASIC and ASM programs, and many others. The interface can be navigated with a mouse-like cursor, and is fully expandable with small modules called Shell Expansions. Manual included.

Download:
Doors CS v5.5 Beta 1

Added after Beta 1:
Is it completely bug-free now?
I want to try, but I can't risk losing my project.
I can't guarantee complete bugfreeness - I know for a fact it still has the scroll bug.
w00t w00t....and there was much rejoicing

dang, I dont have my emulator or my link software available....
Sad Bah.
It's gotten 5 dls already though! Laughing
I might give it a whirl tonight... It might wait till after the next release of my project, that way I won't have to worry about losing a major amount of stuff, and having to make sure I reload all the correct files... Smile
I wil give it a shot tonight, but only on the emulator
And there was much rejoicing.

Sadly, I have no emulator, so I'll have to test it on a different calc.
Straight on my calc it goes! No worries, because my 89t is my main calc now! TI-89 = TI-84+ SE Bad Idea Razz
Why does no one trust me not to crash their calcs? Laughing
I have personal experiance with DCS crashing my calculator. That program almost cost me $150
That's true. Well, you get to be the exception then. Everyone else, be more confident. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Why does no one trust me not to crash their calcs? Laughing
rivereye wrote:
I have personal experiance with DCS crashing my calculator. That program almost cost me $150
LOL.

Update: I don't think DoorsCS 5.5 lasted 5.5 seconds on my calc before crashing it. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Razz I told you not to scroll up. Very Happy
I guess Ill load it on an emulator instead Very Happy
I think I will wait for the more stable version... Smile
whoops...posted this in wrong topic:

Quote:
when I run a BASIC program with an error I get the TI-OS error message, not the DCS one
It's pretty good Kerm, but it crashed my calc again...I didn't lose much though...hehe, I archived everything before hand.

There's just one other thing besides the scroll bug. When you make the start menu go back down, the stuff behind looks like it got erased or something...When it goes back down, it leaves this white stuff behind it. Also would be cool if the items in the start menu would work, like the shutdown things...Overall, pretty good Smile

Also, i almost forgot, my basic programs seem to run a lot slower in this beta of Doors CS...about 2x slower. I still like Doors CS though Very Happy
Piece of news released on TI-BANK :

http://pagesperso.laposte.net/bankti/index.php

Smile Good Idea
Thank you TI-Bank!!
Yes, chesspro, it does indeed erase behind. Once I have the GUI system in place, I'll move it over to that, which will eliminate the problem.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours