Yeah, I guess if no one uses it, then it's pointless to write in. I guess the just viewing bit would be good, then Smile
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x: I've found that people haven't really used the collaboration features at all, but I'll listen to feedback over the coming weeks on that.

I'm not so sure. If you code it in so users can specify you can see specific programs it shouldn't be that much farther to let them edit. Or even start using phpBB groups more publicly to reinforce group projects, I'll post an idea through the admin channels in a bit.
How do you delete programs/projects???
willwac wrote:

I don't believe that's been completed as of yet.
tifreak8x wrote:
willwac wrote:

I don't believe that's been completed as of yet.
That is indeed not yet implemented, although as a hacky workaround, you can use SourceCoder 2 to delete your SourceCoder 3 projects.
Oh cool
willwac wrote:
Oh cool
One thing that definitely is missing entirely, though, is the ability to remove programs and other pieces from projects after you add them. That's falls under the same project-management conundrum as renaming projects.
If you make a program on SC3, and try to edit it on SC2.5, it isn't in english.
willwac wrote:
If you make a program on SC3, and try to edit it on SC2.5, it isn't in english.
Yes, it's TI-BASIC. Wink I kid; yes, they use different encoding. I have been meaning to patch SourceCoder 2.5 to make it refuse to open SourceCoder 3 projects; thank you for reminding me.
Can you create a converter for beta testers, or can you give us a table on how to type special characters?
Ex:
---------------------------
| Negative | {-} |
| Square root | sqrt() |
willwac wrote:
Can you create a converter for beta testers, or can you give us a table on how to type special characters?
Ex:
| Negative | {-} |
| Square root | sqrt() |
That's what the token pane on the right side is for! Just search through that for what you're looking for (or maybe I can even give it a search box; that's a good idea). You can click any line in the token pane to insert that token at the cursor.
Ok thanks.
But what about a converter for the beta testers that converts SC3 code into SC2.5 code?

Well, now it's time to stop chatting with Chris, and start doing my homework Very Happy (mabey?) Sad (This is probably the right one!)
willwac wrote:
Ok thanks.
But what about a converter for the beta testers that converts SC3 code into SC2.5 code?

Like, the projects? Like all betas, you should not use them for production. This is even more important on Alpha releases, like SC3 They are purely for testing and getting things worked out. You should never, ever, use a beta product as your main/only method of editing or working. Always import the project into a stable commercial release and into the beta software.

It's not guaranteed that support or something won't get wiped. I was beta testing something online and the developers would occasionally wipe the servers of projects. As soon as I remember the site I'll post it, but it's currently alluding me.
comicIDIOT wrote:
willwac wrote:
Ok thanks.

Like, the projects? Like all betas, you should not use them for production. This is even more important on Alpha releases, like SC3 They are purely for testing and getting things worked out. You should never, ever, use a beta product as your main/only method of editing or working. Always import the project into a stable commercial release and into the beta software.

It's not guaranteed that support or something won't get wiped. I was beta testing something online and the developers would occasionally wipe the servers of projects. As soon as I remember the site I'll post it, but it's currently alluding me.

I don't, I was just wanting to use it for a small program that I made on my calc, and I couldn't find the "→" or the negative sign.
Why couldn't you just import the program into SourceCoder 3 by uploading it? Then you wouldn't need to type out the program at all, which is half the point.
Well, I don't have TI-Connect on my computer at school, and I needed to get that program onto SC3
willwac wrote:
Well, I don't have TI-Connect on my computer at school, and I needed to get that program onto SC3
Ah, fair enough. Hopefully you found that ~ is the {-} sign and -> is the Sto> arrow by now.
Really? Cool.
What about the other special characters?
willwac wrote:
Really? Cool.
What about the other special characters?
Everything is there in the Token sidebar, just scroll through and you'll find them all. In fact, when you're done learning them all, it would be helpful if you could pick out what you think are the 10-20 most important ones that I should point out to new users in some sort of help section.
There should be a close settings bar on jsTIfied. It only has a close emulator one for me.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours