When the TI-84+CSE was first announced, there were a lot of mixed feelings in the community. The first bits of information garnered were that it was just a flashier 84+, a little bit of reduced memory for changes and additions made to the OS and such.

Myself, I welcomed this calculator, as this would be a calculator I'd not need to learn a lot about to program something for it. I thought first to port over my simple RPG game, Age of Darkness, but then decided against it. I didn't want TI to see that all we thought about their calculators were instruments for gaming. I wanted them to see that we do acknowledge the educational use of these machines. So I chose to port over my conversion program, TIFC, or as was known, TI-Freakware's Conversion Package. After glancing at the code, which was 4 programs and a pic var, I decided that I could do far, far better than what I had written years ago.

I started from scratch, only using the categories as my guide, and began to do some looking for conversions to add. Elfprince13 and a few others was beyond extremely helpful in this endeavor, giving me his knowledge of what conversions were used frequently and what were dead. He also helped overcome a big problem TIFC was facing before I was even halfway through: program size. By utilizing lists and an intermediate unit to convert to and from, I probably saved 8kb on this program.

As it stands right now, TIFC went from a weak 67 conversions at nearly 6kb in size, to 690 different conversions it can handle, at roughly 7500 bytes. It's all wrapped up in a single program, that uses no Lbls or Gotos what-so-ever, and is pretty darned fast and responsive on all calculator models supported, which are currently the TI-73, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+/84+, and TI-84+CSE.

You can download them from here:

TI-73 Edition TI-82 Edition

TI-83 Edition TI-83+/84+ Edition

TI-84+CSE Edition

And a side note, yes, those are actual calculator speeds from their respective models.

I ask you to use and abuse these programs, see if you can find any bugs or mis-conversions. If you do, please feel free to report those bugs here. Check out the readme file, or the forum post to find out what all this program can do.
Great work tifreak! Glad you finally got everything wrapped up Smile
I am using this on my 84+se and I can't get it to scroll through the options... What could be the problem?
What, do you mean the cursor itself isn't moving up and down?

Also, I found a tiny little bug in Pressures, I'll update the files in a couple of hours.

Edit: Updated the files to the Cemetech archives, still have to update them at ticalc.org.
Used the updated version and it's still not working. And what I mean is after the first screen it won't allow me to scroll down to area or volume. It's stuck on length
Are you using the arrows to try to move the cursor? I'm really not sure what to suggest, as myself, Weregoose and KermMartian all threw these on hardware and it worked perfectly. The screenshots are all from their respective calculator versions, so I know they all work.
Yea I'm using the arrows to try to move the cursor
Burklow2016 wrote:
Yea I'm using the arrows to try to move the cursor
Is it possible that your calculator has stuck keys or something? This is quite the baffling problem.
Nope I transferred it to a friends Nspire with the 84 keypad and had the same issue.
Never mind all I had to do was clear my ram and now it works perfectly fine.
A few questions:

What OS computer are you using, and what are you using to extract the .zip with?

What program are you using to send to the calculators?

When you run the program, what do you set the 'decimal precision' to?

Granted, none of this should make a difference. I just am totally baffled why this isn't working for you or your friend. Where do you live? I wonder if there might not be some form of language localization at work?

Edit

That's very weird. Were you running any asm programs or games?
Not a single one
Burklow2016 wrote:
Not a single one
Weird, that is what my estimate would be as well. Almost sounds like a keyhook run amok or something. Anyway, glad that this wasn't a problem with TIFC.
KermMartian wrote:
Burklow2016 wrote:
Not a single one
Weird, that is what my estimate would be as well. Almost sounds like a keyhook run amok or something. Anyway, glad that this wasn't a problem with TIFC.

Agreed! I hope you find the program extremely useful! Let me know if you find any other bugs. I just updated the files once again, to fix a couple of minor issues. Hopefully it will be completely happy.

Let me know if there are any conversions you believe I am missing, will happily add them Smile
I found a bug in the screenshot on the 83. there is a pixel next to the 'V' in version.
Two suggestions for the TI-84+CSE version:
- Add a BackgroundOff to the prolog
- Make [ENTER] an alias for [2nd]; it's more intuitive for non-game-players, I think.
I thought I had used the BackgroundOff, but I guess I got distracted before adding it. :/

As to the Enter key, the reason I didn't was because of how one holds it while they are using it. It's more comfortable with both hands up closer to the middle, where the thumbs are resting on the arrows and 2nd key, hence why I did it that way. But I can go through and add it to the different spots.

Though, if I go doing it to this one, I'd need to update them all to be that way, as I want this program to be as identical as possible across the board. :< Every time I add ' or K=105', it adds 6 bytes. Should I still go ahead and do it?
tifreak8x wrote:
As to the Enter key, the reason I didn't was because of how one holds it while they are using it. It's more comfortable with both hands up closer to the middle, where the thumbs are resting on the arrows and 2nd key, hence why I did it that way. But I can go through and add it to the different spots.
That makes perfect sense. May I therefore add an alternative suggestion that the main screen hint that [2nd]=Proceed?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours