I found a bug as well.
Go to 2ND+Graph (TABLE)
Press +
Type 0
Hit Enter to input that text, then 2:Goto
The "(delta)Tbl=" part will be missing.

(I'm on 4.2)
Hmm doesn't work for me :-/ My table is filled out though so maybe that would be the cause? I wouldn't see how that would be though.
APotato wrote:
Hmm doesn't work for me :-/ My table is filled out though so maybe that would be the cause? I wouldn't see how that would be though.

The table is always filled. Are you sure you inputted zero, and not a character like O or θ? It will give an ERROR: DOMAIN if you did it right.
Yes I did recieve error domain and I used "Goto".
APotato wrote:
Yes I did recieve error domain and I used "Goto".

Unfortunately, Wabbit isn't working for me right now, but when it works, I will try to get a .gif of this bug.
Edit: I just took this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgqnmjdsjowttli/MVI_0571.MOV?dl=0
(sorry for the shakiness, I have naturally shaky hands :/)

Edit 2: Apparently, it doesn't work on Wabbit either, running 4.20.
Hmmm intriguing :-/
Not sure if this has been mentioned (didn't see it in the list)

Tried it on OS 4.0, if others have the newer OS to test on, that would be great.

Go to the catalog
Press +
Turn off the calc

When turning it back on, the screen flashes lines across the screen until you press 2nd and on again. I'm not sure if it is a DCSE problem, or a calculator problem.
When I perform those steps in jsTIfied with OS 4.0, the Catalog Help "App" quits itself back to the Catalog before the calculator turns off, so when the calculator turns back on, everything is fine. Are the lines you're talking about the LCD panic mode? I will try this on my hardware calculators when I get home.
I just tried it on a hardware calculator; I don't appear to have this issue in OS 4.2. DoorsCSE is not running.
I tried this on an OS 4.2 calculator with Doors CSE , and it did not demonstrate the issue. In fact, I shined a bright lamp on the screen while I shut it off, and after the calculator turned off the backlight, it actually did return to the Catalog and then the Homescreen before turning off the calculator completely.

Edit: My calculator with OS 4.0 and Doors CSE returned to the homescreen in the same way when [2nd][ON]'ing from the Catalog Help tool, and did not show any LCD glitches. TIFreak8x, which Catalog item did you choose? Do you think that matters?
Should I record on video what I have happening? You said you might also have a calc with 4.0 on it, if you still have that, any chance you can try it on there? Smile
Found a FATAL bug with this though:

Press Catalog
Press+
Turn off the calculator
Turn it back on
(The cursor is in the status bar)
Press Enter
Give up.

Oh no, it's a really big bug! Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Found a FATAL bug with this though:

Press Catalog
Scroll Down to augment(
Press+
Turn off the calculator
Turn it back on
(The cursor is in the status bar)
Press Enter
Give up.

Oh no, it's a really big bug! Smile
I'm afraid it didn't happen that way for me. When I turned it back on, the cursor was on the homescreen at the top-left, where it belonged.
Kerm, I just chose the first option with +.
Kerm: In response to my earlier post, I forgot to mention that CLASSIC mode was enabled.

tifreak8x wrote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned (didn't see it in the list)

Tried it on OS 4.0, if others have the newer OS to test on, that would be great.

Go to the catalog
Press +
Turn off the calc

When turning it back on, the screen flashes lines across the screen until you press 2nd and on again. I'm not sure if it is a DCSE problem, or a calculator problem.

123outerme wrote:
I found a bug as well.
Go to 2ND+Graph (TABLE)
Press +
Type 0
Hit Enter to input that text, then 2:Goto
The "(delta)Tbl=" part will be missing.

(I'm on 4.2)

Works only if CLASSIC mode is enabled. Smile

These bugs only appear, in yes, I will say it again, CLASSIC mode! Smile

Video has promised. And this was indeed in classic mode.
My CSE will freeze sometimes when connecting to a computer. The screen still operates, but it won't take any button input, so you have to wait for the screen to shut off automatically.
If you have a program running when you connect, though, the screen dimming/shutdown won't trigger, requiring a reset.
Someone from TI who knows such things commented that the following "bug" is not a bug, and therefore will not be changed.

[FIXED] Changing the TraceStep in the Window menu incorrectly forces Xmax to change, which means that you cannot set (for example) a TraceStep of 1 while keeping a window narrower or wider than Xmax-Xmin=165. (3/8/2014) (Marked not-a-bug 3/13/2015)
Oh yay, so they are indeed looking at our list of things that was broken? Very Happy
tifreak8x wrote:
Oh yay, so they are indeed looking at our list of things that was broken? Very Happy
Yes, they are well-aware of it. The following is a list of bugs that have been fixed on the TI-84+CE so far. Others may have been fixed that I didn't find yet:
:: Pt-On( and related functions display their color without refreshing the graphscreen.
:: Menu( with 9 items now displays 9 items, but the 8th and 9th show up as ? and yield an ERR:LBL if you click them, even if you have the correct label.
:: Even without Doors CSE's alpha-scrolling tweak, scrolling programs is now much, much faster.

The following bugs definitely remain unfixed:
:: Setting deltaY to 1 and Ymin to 0 still incorrectly sets Ymax to 165.
:: The numbers at the top of the Memory menu are still not right-aligned properly.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 11
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours