I have 25%ish battery left, so I plugged it into the wall adapter, but the yellow charging icon would not show up on the screen. The power is working through that outlet with other appliances, and the connection is as tight as it can get. I tried plugging it into the computer and the computer beeped and recognized it, but still no icon. TI Connect works fine and can retrieve data from the calculator, but how am I supposed to know if it is charging?
On the side of the calculator, a small light will come on and turn orange up near the usb connector when it is charging, and green when it is fully charged.
Yes I know that, however the light is not lit up while it is plugged in.
Have you tried using a different USB cord?
Calckid wrote:
Yes I know that, however the light is not lit up while it is plugged in.
It's a long shot, but have you tried archiving all your programs and hitting the tiny reset button on the back? As far as I know, the battery charging is entirely independent from the OS, though, so I'm not sure what would cause this.
@tifreak8x: That was the problem, funny though because that was the cord that came with the cse, and it is only three weeks old.

Thank You!!!
Calckid wrote:
@tifreak8x: That was the problem, funny though because that was the cord that came with the cse, and it is only three weeks old.

Thank You!!!
As TIFreak8x later pointed out on our weekly programming group chat (Have Calc, Will Program), your cable might have been damaged such that enough power could get through for the USB handshake, allowing you to transfer files, but not giving it the juice it needed to charge. Or perhaps I'm misremembering things and transferring would even work if V+ was entirely disconnected. At any rate, I'll remember that fix if other people have the same problem, and if a lot of people have the problem, I'll let TI know that they may have a quality control issue.

So, people visiting from Google: did your original USB cable that came with your TI-84+CSE not work? If so, please post in this topic and let us know.
KermMartian wrote:
So, people visiting from Google: did your original USB cable that came with your TI-84+CSE not work? If so, please post in this topic and let us know.

Honestly, I've yet to try using it, since I have a cable connected to the back of my desktop at all times. I might have to drag it out and do some testing.
That's funny, my TI-84+CSE also came with a defective USB cable. It had me worried for about 30 seconds before I thought to try another cable. I figured it wasn't worth emailing TI about.
DrDnar wrote:
That's funny, my TI-84+CSE also came with a defective USB cable. It had me worried for about 30 seconds before I thought to try another cable. I figured it wasn't worth emailing TI about.
Two out of about twenty that I know of seems like a surprisingly high number. I'll contact my contacts (heh) about it and see if they have heard about it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours