Comic has it just about spot-on. Can you please send me the program as-is so that I can try to replicate the problem? It sounds like a Doors CS bug to me.

Edit: This discussion has been moved to the proper place.
Here's a lovely bug:

^^ Click to enlarge ^^

Also, upon loading a ROM, jsTIfied was stuck in a state where the screen was black. I didn't check to see what the debugger said, but clearing the state (rubbish bin) and reloading the ROM worked.
jsTIfied hasn't been working for me lately. It's like the calculator is permanently off, and the "ON" button does nothing. I tried different ROMs and they seem to load fine, but the calculator just doesn't turn on.
amihart wrote:
jsTIfied hasn't been working for me lately. It's like the calculator is permanently off, and the "ON" button does nothing. I tried different ROMs and they seem to load fine, but the calculator just doesn't turn on.
Can you please check the Ctrl-J or F12 consoles and tell me if you see any errors there? What browser and OS?
KermMartian wrote:
amihart wrote:
Can you please check the Ctrl-J or F12 consoles and tell me if you see any errors there? What browser and OS?

All I got were two warnings:

Code:
Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id. all.js:56
FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init(). all.js:56

I'm using Chrome on Chrome OS.
Yeah, neither of those would be causing what you describe; they're both related to the Like button. Has jsTIfied ever worked on Chrome+ChromeOS for you? Do you have any other OSes available that you could try these particular ROMs of yours on? I certainly believe that it's jsTIfied's fault, but I'm not seeing what the issue could be. Also, before you try other computers, try giving jsTIfied the old ctrl-F5 and see if that helps.
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, neither of those would be causing what you describe; they're both related to the Like button. Has jsTIfied ever worked on Chrome+ChromeOS for you? Do you have any other OSes available that you could try these particular ROMs of yours on? I certainly believe that it's jsTIfied's fault, but I'm not seeing what the issue could be. Also, before you try other computers, try giving jsTIfied the old ctrl-F5 and see if that helps.

Hmm, yeah, I tried a different ROM and it seemed to work. I'm pretty sure I was using the same ROM I used last time and it worked.

I didn't think it was the ROM at first because it didn't give me any sort of error when I loaded it.
Seems to not work in IE11. When I try to load a rom I get two errors:
Quote:
---------------------------
Message from webpage
Error: Invalid argument.
OK

Quote:
Message from webpage
Failed to save state to DOM Storage (Error 3). Try a different browser.

OK
merthsoft wrote:
Seems to not work in IE11. When I try to load a rom I get two errors:
Quote:
Message from webpage
Error: Invalid argument.
OK

Quote:
Message from webpage
Failed to save state to DOM Storage (Error 3). Try a different browser.

OK
I have sort of repaired this. First of all, I must complain that Internet Explorer 11 reports its navigator version as "Netscape" rather than "Microsoft Internet Explorer", which seems rather silly to me. Anyway, the problem was that IE9 through IE11 allow a very limited subset of characters in their localStorage, while every other browser allows 0x0000-0xFFFF. Therefore, I need to base64-encode the ROM data I dump into localStorage. Unfortunately, the TI-84+CSE ROM does not fit into the space that IE11 provides, though the other calculator models function properly. Bottom line: at the moment the TI-84+CSE can't be emulated by jsTIfied in IE11.
I am having trouble running jsTIfied on my iPad. The rom I use (TI-84+SE) works on PC, but not on my iPad. I tried different browsers. Safari doesn't work, Chrome doesn't work, neither does Coast or Mercury. Other roms don't work either. Is this because I have ios 7?
thisisabadname wrote:
I am having trouble running jsTIfied on my iPad. The rom I use (TI-84+SE) works on PC, but not on my iPad. I tried different browsers. Safari doesn't work, Chrome doesn't work, neither does Coast or Mercury. Other roms don't work either. Is this because I have ios 7?
Did you follow the directions in jsTIfied for generating the JPEG image from the PC version of your ROM to upload on your iPad?
KermMartian wrote:
Did you follow the directions in jsTIfied for generating the JPEG image from the PC version of your ROM to upload on your iPad?

Yes. I tried many rom images. The screen will turn on for a second then turn off.
thisisabadname wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Yes. I tried many rom images. The screen will turn on for a second then turn off.
Try holding down your finger on the screen for a little bit longer and see if that helps.
Running GlassOS in jsTIfied is glitching out with greyscale code. The interrupt has the following code in it:
Code:
_grey_isr_start::
_grey_isr:
;grey_isr.c:6: Port_Timer_1_OnOff = 0x40;
        ld      a,#0x40
        out     (_Port_Timer_1_OnOff),a
;grey_isr.c:7: Port_Timer_1_Loop = 2;
        ld      a,#0x02
        out     (_Port_Timer_1_Loop),a
;grey_isr.c:8: Port_Timer_1_Counter = grey_freq;
        ld      iy,#_grey_freq
        ld      a,0 (iy)
        out     (_Port_Timer_1_Counter),a
;grey_isr.c:10: grey_draw();
        call    _grey_draw
        ret
_grey_isr_end::

Port 0x32 (Port_Timer_1_Counter) will get set to a negative value in jsTIfied (i6_in(0x32) < 0). Also, setting a breakpoint in this code will not break, even though it clearly is running due to the fact that the ISR is set up and the code is being run to update the timer and draw. I can throw you the rom in a bit.
Patch that fixes GlassOS's greyscale:
Code:
    ti_common_out = function(b,f){
        var L = z8.speed;
        i6_out(b, f);
        if(L!=z8.speed)
            for(var W = 0; W < emu.ct_cnt.length; W++)
                emu.ct_cnt[W] *= z8.speed/L;
    }

Detects CPU freq. scaling and scales timers by it. Going off of basic knowledge, there is probably a better way to do this, but from JS injection, this works fine.
KermMartian wrote:
thisisabadname wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Try holding down your finger on the screen for a little bit longer and see if that helps.

Thanks, but it's working all of a sudden. In all of my mobile browsers, actually. I personally use Puffin for this because you can upload and download files to and from Dropbox. Great for uploading apps. Thanks again.
Although the negative values thing AHelper mentioned was just me failing to properly treat port $32 output values before returning them to the CPU, there was an underlying problem with the timers, and AHelper must get a gold star for spending about 6 hours with me trying to track it down. In the end, it seems like the problem was the timer values not getting rescaled when the CPU speed changes; at any rate, that fixed the grayscale problems in GlassOS, and hopefully it will fix the grayscale problems in CaDan as well.
Bug report: Got this when I tried to make an animated screenshot:

It freaks out right around when the B shows up
Do you see any errors in the JavaScript console when that happens? If not, I might have to poke into the screenshot a bit. Also, is this replicable each time you take a screenshot of that program?
No errors. And it's not as bad this time around but something is definitely still funny.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours