[]160x240 mode support
[]Support for screen offset change (as used in both Tunnel games and the "Zelda" thing)
[]Not sure if that's involving anything on your list, but maybe look into why every AssemblyBandit program glitches up in jsTIfied
DJ_O wrote:
[]160x240 mode support
[]Support for screen offset change (as used in both Tunnel games and the "Zelda" thing)
[]Not sure if that's involving anything on your list, but maybe look into why every AssemblyBandit program glitches up in jsTIfied
The first one is covered in the half-res and GRAM parts of my TODO list. The second I'll have to check into, and I presume the third will be a logical result of the first two. There are a lot of interconnected LCD modes and flags that are going to be much easier to implement with a GRAM area.

[X] Add an intermediate GRAM buffer
-- [X] First use that to directly populate the LCD canvas
-- [X] Save that instead of the LCD on quit
-- [ ] Implement full GRAM-to-LCD copying when necessary
-- [ ] Implement Vertical Scroll Control
-- [ ] Look into GRAM offset
-- [ ] Implement partial image mode and interlacing
[ ] Fix alignment of drag-n-drop overlays on monochrome models
[ ] Add direct POST interface, switch Cemetech archives to it
-- [ ] Remove callback interface?
-- [ ] Implement security for a reduced featureset for TI-Planet embedding
[ ] Look into fixing GIF issues, especially frame data overcropping and color fudging
[ ] Make registers read-write in debugger
[ ] Make memory read-write in debugger
[ ] Fix jr and some bit commands in disassembler view
[ ] Make page mappings read-write in debugger
[ ] Fix sequential program loading for the TI-84+CSE
[ ] Look into Calc84's force-loading problem
[ ] Add data watchpoints and multiple breakpoints

Edit: Got a lot of the GRAM stuff set up and partially working last night. Presented without comment as a token of the night's progress, once I wrapped my head around what the datasheet meant by gates (G1, G3...) instead of GRAM columns.

I just get a purely black screen when opening jstified :< And I've tried refreshing the page.
tifreak8x wrote:
I just get a purely black screen when opening jstified :< And I've tried refreshing the page.
That's normal, I'm missing a routine at the moment. Try pressing keys and tell me what happens.
Well, the cursor xors the spot on the screen, when I hit F5, the tool bar at the top changes, and when I do something to make the calculator busy, the spot where the indicator shows up turns into a white circle.
tifreak8x wrote:
Well, the cursor xors the spot on the screen, when I hit F5, the tool bar at the top changes, and when I do something to make the calculator busy, the spot where the indicator shows up turns into a white circle.
If you hit reload again now, everything should be set. I have a fledgling full-redraw routine now.
tifreak8x wrote:
If you hit reload again now, everything should be set. I have a fledgling full-redraw routine now.

Edit: I've implemented a lot of stuff, and I'm not sure how much of what remains is errors with how AssemblyBandit is using LCD controller features (errors that the real controller handles differently), and how much is errors in how I'm emulating features. I also think that the version of his Frogger game on ticalc.org might be buggy; I kept dying just sitting on the side of the road. Smile Anyway, the glitches you see in the Snake snake are purely the fault of jsTIfied's GIF-capture feature, by the way:

[X] Add an intermediate GRAM buffer
-- [X] First use that to directly populate the LCD canvas
-- [X] Save that instead of the LCD on quit
-- [X] Implement full GRAM-to-LCD copying when necessary
-- [X] Implement Vertical Scroll Control
-- [X] Look into GRAM offset
-- [X] Implement partial image mode and interlacing
[X] Fix alignment of drag-n-drop overlays on monochrome models
-- [X] Remove ROM drop for models without Flash
[X] Fix jr and some bit commands in disassembler view
[X] Make page mappings read-write in debugger
[X] Make registers read-write in debugger
[X] Display flags
[-] Look into Calc84's force-loading problem -> Solved by user
[ ] Add debugger control:
-- [ ] data watchpoints
-- [X] multiple breakpoints
[ ] Add direct POST interface, switch Cemetech archives to it
-- [ ] Remove callback interface?
-- [ ] Implement security for a reduced featureset for TI-Planet embedding
[ ] Look into fixing GIF issues, especially frame data overcropping and color fudging
[ ] Make memory read-write in debugger
[ ] Fix sequential program loading for the TI-84+CSE

Edit #2: Found an off-by-one error in the LCD emulation that was making tr1p1ea's Halloween demo not work properly. As you can see, the error is fixed:

Wow, in the screenshot, the glitched Tunnel stuff reminded me of Yars Revenge for the Atari 2600 Shock
DJ_O wrote:
Wow, in the screenshot, the glitched Tunnel stuff reminded me of Yars Revenge for the Atari 2600 Shock
Heh, yup. Anyway, I got that problem all worked out; I was overcomplicating things with my full-screen GRAM-to-LCD copying routine. I still have his games acting unstably in general, though: this one took 3 or 4 seconds from me hitting a wall to the game-over screen appearing. Maybe the versions on ticalc.org are out-of-date.

When I take an animated screenshot in chrome and click "finish", it never downloads the image.

EDIT: I also still can't get anything except for black in firefox.
merthsoft wrote:
When I take an animated screenshot in chrome and click "finish", it never downloads the image.

EDIT: I also still can't get anything except for black in firefox.
I get a normal animated screenshot in Firefox (left screenshot below) and an equally normal animated screenshot in Chrome (right screenshot below). Are you using a TI-84+CSE?

Well, it's working now in chrome. Nevermind!
There is one problem with this.
My ti 84 silver edition rom is somehow the wrong size. Is they anyway to convert it into a rom file. Instead of just renaming the file extension.

Or just it work differently.
Please tell me and reply.
It might take me a while for me to respond back.
~Princess, you dumped the ROM from your calculator? Is it a .rom file or a .8xu or .clc file? Why do you think it's the wrong size; did jsTIfied tell you that? If you need help dumping your ROM, rom8x Modernized is our recommended tool.
I had a ROM .8x file
~Princess Luna~ wrote:
I had a ROM .8x file
A .8xu file is not a ROM; it is an OS upgrade. You need some unique information from your particular calculator to combine with that file to make a ROM; anything else (like what Wabbit does) is of somewhere between questionable legality and illegal. Use rom8x as I mentioned to create a ROM.
Sorry I will create a rom. Smile thank you Smile
The screen shifting and 160x240 mode support is definitively improving. Still some issues, but otherwise low-res games are starting to be playable Smile

Also, since the xLIBC Tunnel seems to run almost at the same speed in the screenshot as on the real calc, here's the original HP Prime version (the one before I added the WAIT(.02) command to slow it down) to the right for the sake of comparison: Razz

I also tried "Zelda" and it works pretty fine now.
DJ_O wrote:
The screen shifting and 160x240 mode support is definitively improving. Still some issues, but otherwise low-res games are starting to be playable Smile
What issues are you still seeing?

Quote:
Also, since the xLIBC Tunnel seems to run almost at the same speed in the screenshot as on the real calc,
I should hope so! It's designed to record screenshots at real-time speeds regardless of the speed of your computer.
Quote:
I also tried "Zelda" and it works pretty fine now.
Is "pretty fine" == "glitchy" or "accurate"? Smile
It doesn't update the racing track properly at the beginning and this happens again later in the screenshot (notice how the track suddenly goes in straight line then suddenly changes). Also, the title screen text doesn't flash properly.

I would show you a video of how it should look like on-calc, but I can't seem to get Youtube uploads to work in any browser today (stuck at 0% processing forever and I tried 8 times in different formats)

EDIT: Nevermind, it works in Internet Explorer. Maybe Google is making Youtube IE-only? <_<

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours