That's hot.
I recently got a new MacBook running OS X Yosemite, and I can't get jsTIfied to accept my ROM of my TI 84 Plus C Silver Edition on both Google Chrome and Safari. When I upload the ROM, I get two error popups, followed by a blank TI 84 PCSE.

Here are the popups:

And here is the calculator after:

Is there anything that I need to change in order to fix this? All suggestions welcome. Thanks.[/img]

EDIT: I downloaded Opera, and it works fine on there, still not sure why Chrome and Safari don't work, but it looks like Opera is my new jsTIfied browser.
Does Chrome use the Safari internals on Mac OS X? Can you check which Chrome and Safari version you're using?

Also: Ping to the people testing jsTIfied on iOS 7, please.
Chrome Version 39.0.2171.71 (64-bit)
Safari Version 8.0 (10600.1.25.1)

also, i have tried using it on my phone on iOS 7 and 8, both give similar errors
I'm starting to make a pacman clone for the 83/84 Plus series. So far I've gotten to a point where I can get the pacman sprite to go across the screen. When I tried loading it up in jsTIfied, I worked the first time. So I tried it again. (I wanted to see it again.) The second time, the pacman sprite from the last run was at the end of the screen still. Otherwise it was working perfectly. Then I hit the graph key and ran it again. This time, instead of the screen being already cleared, like how it's supposed to be for axe programs, the graph screen was still there, and pacman scrolled across and as it should, erased the pixels behind it. Some of those pixels were the graph axis. The gif is a little bit messed up, and makes it looks worse than it was. There was no partial artifacts. Attached is the program and it's source code. It was written in Axe.

Source: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1614806/PAC.8Xp

Program: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1614806/PACTEST.8Xp
This doesn't seem like an issue with jsTIfied. It looks like the issue is rather that your code doesn't use the ClrDraw command at the start to explicitly clear the drawing buffer. This buffer is not automatically cleared when your program starts.
CalcGuy123 wrote:
Chrome Version 39.0.2171.71 (64-bit)
Safari Version 8.0 (10600.1.25.1)

also, i have tried using it on my phone on iOS 7 and 8, both give similar errors
Mac users, can anyone shed light on this? The Safari 8.0 problems are surprising me, as are the iOS 8 problems.

Runer112 wrote:
This doesn't seem like an issue with jsTIfied. It looks like the issue is rather that your code doesn't use the ClrDraw command at the start to explicitly clear the drawing buffer. This buffer is not automatically cleared when your program starts.
I agree completely with Runer112; I don't think this is jsTIfied's fault. If you were testing on-calculator and used something like Doors CS previously, the shell will clear the buffer before running your program, masking this issue.
All of my tries to make a JPEG encoded rom have failed with the website not responding or being able to refresh.

I have tried on Android (google chrome, default) and windows (chrome).
I'm currently working on overhauling how jsTIfied handles its stored state in order to make things better for iOS users, TI-84+CSE users, and Internet Explorer users. Please stand by while things are a bit broken. Current (known) status:
- Firefox properly saves and loads all state except TI-84+CSE LCDs
- Chrome appears to not save state on unload?
- Internet Explorer doesn't succeed in loading a ROM
CKH4 wrote:
All of my tries to make a JPEG encoded rom have failed with the website not responding or being able to refresh.

I have tried on Android (google chrome, default) and windows (chrome).

for me, this just takes a long time, it took about 10 minutes to generate the JPEG encoded rom for my 84 CSE, and while it was working, the browser was completely frozen
CalcGuy123 wrote:
for me, this just takes a long time, it took about 10 minutes to generate the JPEG encoded rom for my 84 CSE, and while it was working, the browser was completely frozen

Thanks, I'll keep trying.
Edit. It finally worked on my phone after 15mins. ⁻
CKH4 wrote:
CalcGuy123 wrote:

Edit. It finally worked on my phone after 15mins. ⁻
I think I misunderstand what you're trying to do: you're using the phone to generate the JPEG? You should only have to run it on a desktop to generate the JPEG to use on a phone.
KermMartian wrote:
I think I misunderstand what you're trying to do: you're using the phone to generate the JPEG? You should only have to run it on a desktop to generate the JPEG to use on a phone.

I used my Android phone to generate the JPEG to send to my iPad. It appears to have worked (a very large image appeared) so I'll see if it works when I send it.

Edit.
I loaded the JPEG and it worked.
Great! What calculator model is the ROM? What iOS version is running on your iPad?
A wabbit generated ti 84+se and iOS 8.0.2
CKH4 wrote:
CalcGuy123 wrote:

Edit. It finally worked on my phone after 15mins.
I spent a little time turning the JPEG ROM creation process into an asynchronous, event-driven function, so that the interface can be updated while the ROM data is being compressed. There is now a progress bar that updates to show the progress of the compression, so the process should be less frustrating. Currently, manually pausing the emulator is highly recommended; I'll update jsTIfied later to automatically pause emulation while the JPEG is being generated.
Since KermM keeps poking for suggestions:
  • Memory and disassembly viewers need to use infinite scrolling in both directions. Requiring clicking a button to scroll is not required.
  • Clicking to jump to PC needs to scroll to PC, not change have the start of the list be PC.
  • The list should follow the PC while stepping.
  • Hitting a breakpoint should show the breakpoint to the user.
  • Break on invalid flash commands (catches accidental flash writes or commands that are invalid)
  • Clicking buttons quickly causes the page to get selected.
  • Step over fails to function as it just continues. Happens with instructions as simple as ld a, $ff.
  • Loading a ROM from a clean state does not start the CPU, you must reload the page for it to start emulating and possibly try continuing in the debugger. You can also open the debugger and step through each instruction, but it will not continue.
  • You cannot change the pages mapped to memory, this should be allowed.
  • The emulator should start in the bootcode of the calculator.
  • The current IM should be shown and be changable.
  • Show if interrupts are enabled and allow that to be toggled.
  • There should be a way to set the PC to the currently selected instruction.
  • A stack viewer should be added
  • Disassembly view cannot display ld (ix+nn),mm properly. DD36FE08 shows ld (ix-$-7fe),$8ef
  • Hitting enter/return in the address textbox for the memory and disassembly viewer should accept the value and jump there.
  • Flag checkboxes don't change F.
  • Creating the ROM uses the word 'Uploaded'. This implies that you uploaded the ROM to some location. Replace with 'Created'.
  • Finishing creating the ROM doesn't update the progress indicator, as it shows 0% when finished.
  • Timestamp for creating the ROM image does not use the user-set date formatting string.
  • Full-speed indicator is confusing, recommend using more universally recognized icons, such as a turtle and hare.
  • Flags checkboxes should be disabled when running.
These suggestions are just to get jsTIfied on-par with existing emulators.

To go above an beyond other debuggers, I would recommend not just a port viewer, but configuration for the various peripherals in the ASIC. Rather than display the control port for the LCD, show the current row, column, and other settings. Same could be done for the timers, USB, etc.
Thank you for this very thorough list of suggestions. I see a few things that I haven't experienced in the wild that sound like bugs to be addressed before:
Quote:
:: Clicking buttons quickly causes the page to get selected.
Browser and OS? I am unable to replicate, and my code specifically tries to prevent this.
Quote:
:: The emulator should start in the bootcode of the calculator.
Documentation indicates that this is not what the ASIC does. I thought I was doing what this page says is correct behavior: http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:State_of_the_calculator_at_boot . Do I not?
Quote:
:: Loading a ROM from a clean state does not start the CPU, you must reload the page for it to start emulating and possibly try continuing in the debugger. You can also open the debugger and step through each instruction, but it will not continue.
This one sounds the most important to fix ASAP. What browser, OS, and calculator OS?
KermMartian wrote:
Thank you for this very thorough list of suggestions. I see a few things that I haven't experienced in the wild that sound like bugs to be addressed before:
Quote:
:: Clicking buttons quickly causes the page to get selected.
Browser and OS? I am unable to replicate, and my code specifically tries to prevent this.

Quote:

Google Chrome 39.0.2171.95 (Official Build)
Revision 86b48442d063e82f94969f5439badf11c9baeacc-refs/branch-heads/2171@{#461}
OS Linux

KermMartian wrote:
Quote:
:: The emulator should start in the bootcode of the calculator.
Documentation indicates that this is not what the ASIC does. I thought I was doing what this page says is correct behavior: http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:State_of_the_calculator_at_boot . Do I not?

You appear to start the emulator with all registers 0'd. You don't seem to change any of the page mappings. Bank 0 should have the bootloader (3F / 7F) mapped and banks 1-3 have page 0 mapped. See the Memory Mapping section of that page.
KermMartian wrote:
Quote:
:: Loading a ROM from a clean state does not start the CPU, you must reload the page for it to start emulating and possibly try continuing in the debugger. You can also open the debugger and step through each instruction, but it will not continue.
This one sounds the most important to fix ASAP. What browser, OS, and calculator OS?

Browser already posted, it does not seem to be the OS causing it, but is a GlassOS rom. This bug happens at other times, but to experience this same problem, do this:
  1. Open incognito window
  2. Go to cemetech.net and log in
  3. Go to jsTIfied
  4. Hit 'I do not agree'.
  5. Upload the rom using the file selector in the 'Upload Programs/Files to Calculator' section.
  6. Hit 'I agree'
  7. Calculator is in a stuck state, hitting play doesn't continue, nor does Continue in the debugger section. Step does work, letting you step through code.
AHelper wrote:
Since KermM keeps poking for suggestions:
  • Memory and disassembly viewers need to use infinite scrolling in both directions. Requiring clicking a button to scroll is not required.
  • Clicking to jump to PC needs to scroll to PC, not change have the start of the list be PC.
  • The list should follow the PC while stepping.
  • Hitting a breakpoint should show the breakpoint to the user.
  • Break on invalid flash commands (catches accidental flash writes or commands that are invalid)
  • Clicking buttons quickly causes the page to get selected.
  • Step over fails to function as it just continues. Happens with instructions as simple as ld a, $ff.
  • Loading a ROM from a clean state does not start the CPU, you must reload the page for it to start emulating and possibly try continuing in the debugger. You can also open the debugger and step through each instruction, but it will not continue.
  • You cannot change the pages mapped to memory, this should be allowed.
  • The emulator should start in the bootcode of the calculator.
  • The current IM should be shown and be changable.
  • Show if interrupts are enabled and allow that to be toggled.
  • There should be a way to set the PC to the currently selected instruction.
  • A stack viewer should be added
  • Disassembly view cannot display ld (ix+nn),mm properly. DD36FE08 shows ld (ix-$-7fe),$8ef
  • Hitting enter/return in the address textbox for the memory and disassembly viewer should accept the value and jump there.
  • Flag checkboxes don't change F.
  • Creating the ROM uses the word 'Uploaded'. This implies that you uploaded the ROM to some location. Replace with 'Created'.
  • Finishing creating the ROM doesn't update the progress indicator, as it shows 0% when finished.
  • Timestamp for creating the ROM image does not use the user-set date formatting string.
  • Full-speed indicator is confusing, recommend using more universally recognized icons, such as a turtle and hare.
  • Flags checkboxes should be disabled when running.
These suggestions are just to get jsTIfied on-par with existing emulators.

To go above an beyond other debuggers, I would recommend not just a port viewer, but configuration for the various peripherals in the ASIC. Rather than display the control port for the LCD, show the current row, column, and other settings. Same could be done for the timers, USB, etc.

I support every feature request and can reproduce every bug here. AHelper++.

I racked my brain for an hour or so and came up with my extensive addition to this list. All of my testing has been done with Chrome 39.0.2171.95 m emulating a 84+CSE running OS 2.55MP.
  • Button lock. Wabbitemu allows this with a right-click menu, but perhaps a hold for something like 0.5s+ is better.
  • If it's possible to distinguish right shift from left shift, it would be nice to bind right shift to CLEAR (does CLEAR even have any binding currently?).
  • Speaking of key bindings, it would be nice if there was some way users could see them.
  • Continuing to speak of key binds, it seems like every unbound key translates to down. They should probably translate to nothing.
  • Related to keys, something about the keypad hardware emulation seems inaccurate. I first noticed this with my Pokemon demo program for GrayLib for which a VARS input, which should open the grayscale tuner, is interpreted as a CLEAR input, which quits the program.
  • Logging in from the sidebar while on the jsTIfied page once redirected me to http://www.cemetech.net/forum/projects/jstified instead of the correct URL, http://www.cemetech.net/projects/jstified.
  • The filename provided for some variable exports is just the extension (without the '.'). This seems to at least occur with appvars with lowercase letters in their name.
  • The filename provided for application exports needs to be translated based on characters, not tokens.
  • Assembly programs should not provide an option to be exported to SourceCoder.
  • The size reported in the variable export list of all variables that are not real numbers, complex numbers, or applications seems to include the 2 bytes contributed by the header size word. This doesn't seem desired.
  • The size reported in the variable export list of applications is very wrong. Currently seems to be the page it starts on times 256 plus its number of pages.
  • Refreshing the variable list with a corrupted VAT hangs the page.
  • Loading a file from SourceCoder pauses the emulator and blanks the screen to white.
  • There should be the option to load files from SourceCoder to either RAM or archive.
  • Attempting to load a file from SourceCoder that won't fit appears to currently do nothing. Instead, an error message (either via the browser or via the calc's OS) should probably occur.
  • However grayscale is emulated is very strange and can probably be improved. For instance, the GrayLib tuner: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34812306/jstified_gray.gif. No, that's not your eyes. Even the fully white parts of the screen are pulsating.
  • The screen cumulatively darkens with each breakpoint hit in quick succession.
  • Either I'm doing something wrong, or you can't actually continue out of a breakpoint.
  • Step out. Feel free to chat with me on IRC about how to best implement this one, as it might be tricky. May also result in an improvement of the step over logic.
  • The I and R registers should be visible in the debugger (and editable).
  • The "p" flag should probably be labelled "p/v" if it can fit.
  • The page bank boxes should not be editable.
  • There needs to be a way to view the contents of arbitrary ROM/RAM pages in both the disassembler and the memory viewer.
  • Index register bit instructions are disassembled as three bytes instead of four. The offset appears to be ignored and always zero.
  • The debugger seems to choke on a number of undocumented instructions, mainly duplicate instructions or instructions that do nothing. The ones I've found: do-nothings (any "invalid" ED, DD, or FD opcode; should either be disassembled as a 2-byte nop or noni \ nop), duplicates of neg, duplicates of the im variants, the unknown im (ED4E/ED6E; it might actually be im 0 or im 1, but people who don't know have called it im 0/1), and the extended hl store and load instructions. I hope they're at least emulated correctly, but I haven't checked. Might be another topic worth chatting more about to make sure everything's covered.
  • The "Continue" button should be disabled when emulation is running.
  • An option to auto-update the disassembly/memory view tabs (while either stepping or running) would be nice.
  • Options to emulate the missing RAM pages on newer 84+/84+SE calculators and to emulate the "real" Z80 in 83+ calculators could be nice.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours