The Internet Explorer error is because Internet Explorer doesn't have a large enough DOM storage to hold the ROM. Firefox may be encountering that same error because it's not deleting the ROM that is there before uploading a new one and thus going over the limited DOM storage. DOM Storage is not something Cemetech has any control over. Each browser sets their own limit which is why we recommend certain browsers on the jsTIfied page and why you see the "NS_ERROR_DOM_QUOTA_REACHED" and "Error 3" errors.

The issue with Firefox is a bit more widespread but glad to hear of another method of turning the calculator on.
Is it possible to code jsTIfied so that it does delete the old ROM? Or even better, so that it doesn't forget the old one at all?
And what about the other errors, like SourceCoder? Are those fixable?
And now I am going into computer science that I don't understand, but: is it possible to compress a .rom file to a size small enough to fit in Internet Explorer's DOM storage, and code jsTIfied to automatically extract the file?
That last question is just my curiosity: I am not actually suggesting that someone do that much work for no (good) reason.
Additionally, why is Internet Explorer one of the recommended browsers?
scAFwATLxpKzRCmVaHv wrote:
when I upload the ROM image, it succeeds, but the calculator screen is the same color it was before I uploaded the ROM image. All buttons I press on and above the calculator fail to turn it on. The only way I can get the calculator to turn on is by uploading a program. The first time I try uploading the program, the program will not upload but the calculator will turn on. The second time I upload the program, it will work.
When I am logged in, the same problem occurs, with the same solution along with another: I can press "Refresh emulator variable list" and the calculator will turn on.
As comic said, this issue is under active discussion and should be fixed soon.
Quote:
When I attempt to reload my ROM image, it says

Code:
[Exception... "Persistent storage maximum size reached"  code: "1014" nsresult: "0x805303f6 (NS_ERROR_DOM_QUOTA_REACHED)"  location: "<unknown>"]
and then
Code:
Failed to save state to DOM Storage (Error 3). Try a different browser.
I am unable to replicate this on Firefox.
Quote:
However, there are some more that I have noticed relating to SourceCoder and jsTIfied. The buttons "File to jsTIfied", "Project to jsTIfied", and "File from jsTIfied" (found in SourceCoder) do nothing.
They work fine for me. What browser, version, and OS are you using? Do you see any errors in the Javascript error console?

scAFwATLxpKzRCmVaHv wrote:
Is it possible to code jsTIfied so that it does delete the old ROM? Or even better, so that it doesn't forget the old one at all?
Huh? It only stores one ROM at a time.
[quote]And now I am going into computer science that I don't understand, but: is it possible to compress a .rom file to a size small enough to fit in Internet Explorer's DOM storage, and code jsTIfied to automatically extract the file?]/quote] The ROM is stored compressed on all browsers.
Quote:
Before TI-84+CSE support was added, IE had enough space in its limited DOM storage for the ROM images.
Quote:
And now I am going into computer science that I don't understand, but: is it possible to compress a .rom file to a size small enough to fit in Internet Explorer's DOM storage, and code jsTIfied to automatically extract the file?

Regarding ROM compression to fit inside IE. If it could the decompression wouldn't be possible due to legal issues and the nature of DOM. Your ROM file can not be legally uploaded to our server so we take advantage of DOM storage which is a local storage on your browser. The ROM "uploads" but it uploads to DOM and stays on your computer (and the browsers cache). So, you'll need to upload your ROM for each device (tablet, laptop, desktop, phone, laptop 2, etc).

Quote:

Kerm would have to answer this more accurately but I would put money on the browser forgetting it's there. DOM storage may be similar to cookies, where as every site can save something but it can't see what other sites save.

In other words, DOM is likely managed by the browser and not by the web site/app.

Quote:

Cross check your version of IE. jsTIfied works with IE10 and above, if you have IE9 or below it is recommend you upgrade to IE10 or download a compatible browser.

Quote:
And what about the other errors, like SourceCoder? Are those fixable?

I didn't see any errors regarding jsTIfied and SC3 in your post. If you are talking about SC3 erros in general, there's another topic for that. But yes, those are fixable. Make sure you provide as much information as possible when reporting errors. Smile
KermM said:
Quote:
They work fine for me. What browser, version, and OS are you using?

I am using Windows 8.1, and as I said in my original post, I have the latest version of everything! Forget Internet Explorer 10, I have version 11!

KermM said:
Quote:
Huh? It only stores one ROM at a time.

But ComicIDIOT said:
Quote:
Firefox may be encountering that same error because it's not deleting the ROM that is there before uploading a new one and thus going over the limited DOM storage.

KermM said:
Quote:
The ROM is stored compressed on all browsers.

But ComicIDIOT said:
Quote:
Regarding ROM compression to fit inside IE. If it could the decompression wouldn't be possible due to legal issues and the nature of DOM. Your ROM file can not be legally uploaded to our server so we take advantage of DOM storage which is a local storage on your browser. The ROM "uploads" but it uploads to DOM and stays on your computer (and the browsers cache). So, you'll need to upload your ROM for each device (tablet, laptop, desktop, phone, laptop 2, etc).

ComicIDIOT said:
Quote:
I didn't see any errors regarding jsTIfied and SC3 in your post. If you are talking about SC3 erros in general, there's another topic for that. But yes, those are fixable. Make sure you provide as much information as possible when reporting errors.

The errors about which I was talking were:
Quote:
That's it for bugs that I have noticed pertaining only to jsTIfied. However, there are some more that I have noticed relating to SourceCoder and jsTIfied. The buttons "File to jsTIfied", "Project to jsTIfied", and "File from jsTIfied" (found in SourceCoder) do nothing. In addition, jsTIfied does not let me load a program from SourceCoder. I am forced to download the program from SourceCoder onto my computer and upload it to jsTIfied.

Both of you (comicIDIOT and KermM) are saying contradictory things: which one of you is right? Or am I just misunderstanding?
I wrote the emulator; I'm afraid some of comicIDIOT's responses are slightly misguided. While comic is correct that the ROM image cannot be sent to or stored on the Cemetech servers in any way, that is orthogonal to the fact that you were suggesting that it be stored compressed in the browser (which it is already). For the jsTIfied+SC3 errors that you mentioned with the buttons not working, please refer to the questions that I asked about those in my post.
KermMartian wrote:
I wrote the emulator; I'm afraid some of comicIDIOT's responses are slightly misguided.

Indeed, I should have prefaced with that. I had no idea the ROM was already compressed because decompressing it would have to go somewhere; I'm not as well versed in Javascript as I should be though. Kerms word will also trump mine or anyone else's wisdom regarding SC, jsTIfied, DCS and any other Cemetech project basically Smile
KermM, how do I open the JavaScript error console?
Additionally, for some reason, pressing the calculator's on button now turns the calculator on.
On Google Chrome, the aforementioned buttons ("File to jsTIfied", etc.) work, once again confirming that Google Chrome is the best browser in terms of compatibility with Cemetech.
I implemented a fix for the [ON] key problems this afternoon, as mentioned in the jsTIfied topic that comic linked to. In Firefox and Chrome, clicking the address bar and then pressing F12 will open the developer tools, which should have a Console tab.
Thanks, but now I don't need it: the three buttons seem to be working today too.
Sorry if this has been dealt with elsewhere, but will jsTIfied run on Chromebooks? Even offline?

If so, would you consider posting directions on how to the load the correct *.ROM file, etc.?

With literally hundreds of thousands of Chromebooks being purchased by schools this year, you would really be doing us teachers, and our kids, a great service!

Thanx!!
mpringle wrote:
Sorry if this has been dealt with elsewhere, but will jsTIfied run on Chromebooks? Even offline?
I don't know of a reason why it wouldn't, assuming that Chrome on Chromebooks is equivalent to the version of Chrome that runs on normal computers. To run jsTIfied offline, you'd need to load jsTIfied in a tab while online, but you could then later use it offline.

Quote:
If so, would you consider posting directions on how to the load the correct *.ROM file, etc.?

With literally hundreds of thousands of Chromebooks being purchased by schools this year, you would really be doing us teachers, and our kids, a great service!

Thanx!!
The instructions would be the same as the ones listed in the ROM tab in jsTIfied. Do let me know if it works out so I can let other students and teachers know that Chromebooks can run jsTIfied. Smile
Is jsTIfied ever going to support the TI-86?
Ivoah wrote:
Is jsTIfied ever going to support the TI-86?
Unfortunately, it's unlikely. The effort to implement the LCD module that the TI-86 uses is significant compared with the number of jsTIfied users who would use TI-86 support, I believe.
So, what you're saying is the effort would bu unjustifiable? Sorry, I couldn't resist. Razz
Are there any plans in the near future for PRIZM and perhaps 9860G versions of jsTIfied?
Adding support for wholly different calculators would be much more work than implementing 86 LCD controller support Smile
It should indeed be a separate code base, since the intersection between the code for TI-Z80 support and the code for Prizm / 9860G support would be small.

That's not to say that no emulator for Casio calcs on which users can enjoy arbitrary native code execution should be done.
It could be interesting to leverage emscripten.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Adding support for wholly different calculators would be much more work than implementing 86 LCD controller support Smile
It should indeed be a separate code base, since the intersection between the code for TI-Z80 support and the code for Prizm / 9860G support would be small.
As Lionel says, I would basically need to start from scratch, as the CPU core would be different, the memory controller would be different, the LCD modules would be different, and so on.

Quote:
That's not to say that no emulator for Casio calcs on which users can enjoy arbitrary native code execution should be done.
It could be interesting to leverage emscripten.
Leverage emscripten on which existing native code emulator? Wink
Quote:
Leverage emscripten on which existing native code emulator? Wink

Making one such emulator, possibly partially assembled from FLOSS pieces, e.g. a SH core emulation code; then, leveraging Emscripten.

Of course, the number of users interested by such an emulator wouldn't be as high as the number of users interested by TI-Z80, TI-Nspire or TI-68k emulators.
DrDnar suggested a specification for in-band debug logging instructions that could be embedded in ASM programs in #ti, to allow programmers to trace and debug complex code more readily. His comments:
Quote:
[23:10:53] <DrDnar> I'd say do something like ED Fx = soft break point in set x (0-15), ED Cx = trace event in set x with zero arguments, ED Dx = trace event in set x with 1 byte argument, ED Ex = trace event in set x with 2 byte argument
[23:13:13] <DrDnar> The argument is specified by the next instruction: ED Cx = log register 0 = B, 1 = C ... 5 = L, 6 = (HL), 7 = A, 8 = BC, 9 = DE, 10 = HL, 11 = SP, 12 = I, 13 = R, 14 = IFF, 15 = IM
[23:13:16] <DrDnar> Hmm.
[23:13:29] <DrDnar> I guess there's no reason to have the ED Ex thing
[23:13:57] <DrDnar> I'm suggesting logging, proper tracing requires that you log every CALL and JP and whatnot.
[23:14:54] <DrDnar> With this system, you can run the code on hardware unmodified, because the new instructions are 8-cycle NOPs on hardware.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours