I've noticed that jsTIfied halts or suspends when, for instance, Source Coder is executing some command, like saving documents or such.

Also, the latest versions of Axe Parser (1.2.2) do not work at all on either WabbitEmu or jsTIfied, yet they are signed.
GinDiamond wrote:
I've noticed that jsTIfied halts or suspends when, for instance, Source Coder is executing some command, like saving documents or such.

I believe it's intentional that the emulator pauses when you're doing something else on the page; at least it is when the editor is in use. I requested that myself, because jsTIfied running in the background unused was melting my computer when all I was doing was writing code.

GinDiamond wrote:
Also, the latest versions of Axe Parser (1.2.2) do not work at all on either WabbitEmu or jsTIfied, yet they are signed.

Works fine for me, and as far as I know, for everyone else. Sounds like you might have come down with a case of the bootfree ROM, which uses a third-party boot code that breaks the flash unlock used by Axe. Either see if you can find a clean ROM file or recreate one from your calculator with rom8x.
I'll try rom8x, I've always used WabbitEmu to export a ROM.

Will rom8x work correctly with Wabbit?
GinDiamond wrote:

rom8x is for use with real calculator. WabbitEmu (in my opinion, and many others, including by implication TI) violates the TI-OS license by allowing you to combine BootFree with a .8xu OS without actually owning a real calculator. rom8x downloads the certificate/boot pages from your real calculator to combine with a .8xu OS, thus yielding a valid ROM image that is unique to your particular calculator.
KermMartian wrote:
GinDiamond wrote:

rom8x is for use with real calculator. WabbitEmu (in my opinion, and many others, including by implication TI) violates the TI-OS license by allowing you to combine BootFree with a .8xu OS without actually owning a real calculator. rom8x downloads the certificate/boot pages from your real calculator to combine with a .8xu OS, thus yielding a valid ROM image that is unique to your particular calculator.

That said, rom8x WILL produce a legal ROM from your calculator, and WabbitEmu will not have a problem loading it.
The first one is the major problem. When I visit the website with my phone, the rom button is not there. You can see that it has also cut off part of the source coder icon.
Second problem is a bug where if you click the calcuator icon twice the white box stays on the calculator screen, effectively covering whatever you are entering. First one is essential in iPhone use, second one can be ignored. This seems to be an issue with the mobile website rather than anything else
coulterjohn1 wrote:
This seems to be an issue with the mobile website rather than anything else

Indeed. I haven't got around to fully skinning jsTIfied for the mobile site yet. I recommend you switch to the desktop version until I can work on the mobile site again; we're figuring out a new form of file & version control so I can't give an ETA unfortunately.
I too am having problems getting this to work on an iPhone. Like it was stated the ROM button isn't there under mobile view and desktop view doesn't appear to work at all and is completely unresponsive. Works great in a browser on my laptop.
echonox wrote:
I too am having problems getting this to work on an iPhone. Like it was stated the ROM button isn't there under mobile view and desktop view doesn't appear to work at all and is completely unresponsive. Works great in a browser on my laptop.
Thanks for the bug report. Comic or someone else with mobile Safari, can you please test to see if there are any errors in the error console when you load jsTIfied in the desktop view? It works perfectly on my Nexus 5.
I am able to choose a ROM image while in desktop view on an iPad. However, when I do choose a ROM image, it says "Sorry, but this ROM appears to be an invalid size. If this is in error, please report it on the Cemetech forum." I just created the ROM image from a TI-84+SE 2.55MP OS using the the export calculator ROM image tool. The image is 1230 pixels by 1247 pixels.
KermMartian wrote:
echonox wrote:
Thanks for the bug report. Comic or someone else with mobile Safari, can you please test to see if there are any errors in the error console when you load jsTIfied in the desktop view? It works perfectly on my Nexus 5.

I do get an error as Electro stated as well.

I believe this has been around for a while because I think I remember telling you about it. I don't have a general date on that though. I think you asked me to see if it still worked and I tried it. Maybe I never got back to you on that Evil or Very Mad
Alright. Looking back, I was able to get that same ROM to work on January 15 of this year for both iPod and iPad. This has been the first time I have tried since then.

I just tested the same ROM on an iPod and it worked. However, as expected, it is quite slow.
So in other words, jsTIfied and the same ROM "image" work on your iPod but not your iPad? What iOS version does each device have?
Yes. The iPod is on iOS 7.0.4 (jailbroken) and the iPad is on iOS 7.1.0.
Electromagnet8 wrote:
Yes. The iPod is on iOS 7.0.4 (jailbroken) and the iPad is on iOS 7.1.0.
Thanks for that. What about you, comic? I'm trying to determine if this is possibly linked to some specific iOS version, which might help narrow down what's happening.
I Found a bug where i cant open my old jpg roms anymore yeilding the error message: Sorry, but this ROM appears to be an invalid size. If this is in error, please report it on the Cemetech forum.
Tested with
Ti 84+SE rom v2.41 1173 × 1191 jpg 1.2MB
Ti 84+ rom v??? 1536 × 2152 jpg 2.8MB
Ti 84+CSE V4.00 1500 × 1518 jpg 1.9MB
Ti 83+ rom v1.16 1051 × 1068 jpg 146KB (Doesn't Show the message on this one it just doesn't turn on)
Tested on
Mac air, 8gb Ram, 1.7 ghz i7, 512gb ssd, mac 10.9.3, Chrome 35 & Safari 7.0.4
Ipad Mini Retina 32gb iOS 7.1.1 Chrome 35 & Safari-iOS

Previously Worked on
iPad Mini Retina 32gb, iOS 7.1.1, Chrome; Safari-iOS; & Puffin Browser
iPhone 5 16gb, iOS 6.0.0, Chrome; Safari; & Puffin
Ubuntu 12.04 Custom machine, 4gb ram, pentium D, Chrome & Firefox
Ubuntu 12.04 Modified Laptop, 512MB ram, amd turion64, Chrome & Firefox
Smile
jsTIfied hangs when I attempt to compile an Axe program, 1.2.2. I'm using a legit rom I obtained from my Ti 84+ via rom8x, and I'm using the stable release version of Axe.

Does any axe version higher than 1.1.2 screw with some things, preventing emulators from compiling?
GinDiamond wrote:
jsTIfied hangs when I attempt to compile an Axe program, 1.2.2. I'm using a legit rom I obtained from my Ti 84+ via rom8x, and I'm using the stable release version of Axe.

Does any axe version higher than 1.1.2 screw with some things, preventing emulators from compiling?

Version 1.2.0 and up use a different flash unlock tactic, as the previous one could actually corrupt the OS slightly. This is the main candidate I can think of that might cause emulation issues, but if such issues exist, they're the fault of the emulator and not Axe. KermM: If you can confirm this behavior and want my assistance walking through what's going wrong, I could try to help, as I played a part in designing the unlock used.

On an unrelated note, I know that some sort of API exists for loading up jstified with files preloaded. Could a functionality like this exist outside of the Cemetech archives (and maybe one or two other site archives) so I could easily share code with others for them to easily try, without me needing to upload it to the Cemetech archives or them needing to manually load it in?
Runer112 wrote:
On an unrelated note, I know that some sort of API exists for loading up jstified with files preloaded. Could a functionality like this exist outside of the Cemetech archives (and maybe one or two other site archives) so I could easily share code with others for them to easily try, without me needing to upload it to the Cemetech archives or them needing to manually load it in?
It indeed already is available. Let me paste the information that I send to another group, the one that originally requested the (unused) API for loading files:
Kerm Martian wrote:
jsTIfied now has a public API for loading files. You use it by launching jsTIfied with a URL like this:
http://www.cemetech.net/projects/jstified/api_load.php?loadfile=<someURI>

There are two formats for URIs:
- URIs such as 928%252Ftetrica.8xp load the specified file inside an archive in the Cemetech archives. The initial number is a file ID.
- URIs that are URLs, like http%3A%2F%2Ftiplanet.org%2Farchives%2Fsomescript%3Fid%3Dsomefile%26contents%3Dsomesubfile, are fetched and loaded. These MUST return the following data:
-- One or more lines, demarcated by \n
-- The first line must be OK or FAIL. If the first line is FAIL, the second line may contain a plain-text error description (but that's optional).
-- If the first line is OK, the remaining lines contain the contents of one .8** file on each line. Each of these lines is base64-encoded
I cannot seem to find my notes on the second API; I'll document that soon.
Hello!
I have recently noticed some bugs in jsTIfied when emulating a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. I apologize if some of these bugs have already been noted.
In Internet Explorer, whether or not I am logged in to Cemetech, when I try to upload the ROM image, it says

Code:
QuotaExceededError

Then it says

Code:
Failed to save state to DOM Storage (Error 3). Try a different browser.

Obviously, I used a different browser, namely Firefox.* (Please don't make fun of me for using Internet Explorer in the first place.) On Firefox, when I am not logged in, when I upload the ROM image, it succeeds, but the calculator screen is the same color it was before I uploaded the ROM image. All buttons I press on and above the calculator fail to turn it on. The only way I can get the calculator to turn on is by uploading a program. The first time I try uploading the program, the program will not upload but the calculator will turn on. The second time I upload the program, it will work.
When I am logged in, the same problem occurs, with the same solution along with another: I can press "Refresh emulator variable list" and the calculator will turn on. Pressing the same button once again will actually refresh the emulator variable list.
However, whether or not I am logged in, when I use jsTIfied (still on Firefox), and then I go someplace else on the website for a sufficiently long time, the emulator resets. It seems only to reset when I go to specific places: the two I have found so far are Forum and Registration (the latter only works, of course, if you are not logged in). When I attempt to reload my ROM image, it says

Code:
[Exception... "Persistent storage maximum size reached"  code: "1014" nsresult: "0x805303f6 (NS_ERROR_DOM_QUOTA_REACHED)"  location: "<unknown>"]

and then

Code:
Failed to save state to DOM Storage (Error 3). Try a different browser.

These look like the same two errors as in Internet Explorer, though not in the same situation. Obviously, the solution is just to restart the browser. But still, it is an annoying bug.
Google Chrome has the exact same problems as Firefox, except for the last bug that I mentioned on Firefox, where if I start posting something on Forum the calculator is reset.
That's it for bugs that I have noticed pertaining only to jsTIfied. However, there are some more that I have noticed relating to SourceCoder and jsTIfied. The buttons "File to jsTIfied", "Project to jsTIfied", and "File from jsTIfied" (found in SourceCoder) do nothing. In addition, jsTIfied does not let me load a program from SourceCoder. I am forced to download the program from SourceCoder onto my computer and upload it to jsTIfied.
If you'll notice, there's something in common about all these bugs: none of them are major annoyances, only minor ones (unless you only use Internet Explorer). Nonetheless, they are still bugs, and need to be fixed.**
Additionally, we can conclude one thing from this: Google Chrome is the best major browser with which to use jsTIfied.***

*Please note that I have the latest versions of all three browsers that were mentioned in this post.
**Of course, these bugs could all be a problem with my computer, a Windows 8.1, not with jsTIfied.
***Okay, fine, Safari is major too; but don't even mention Opera.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours