*bump*
DJ_O wrote:
By the way, the Tunnel demake uses the xLIB's real(8 functions. One real(8 command used allows me to decide in which GRAM I want to draw stuff (the visible one or the hidden one) and the other command used is to change the LCD offset.
I managed to find and fix that issue. I wasn't expecting situations where the GRAM_End for the first or second partial image might be less than the GRAM_Start, but now I handle it correctly.

KermMartian wrote:
To quickly get jsTIfied embedded on the sites that want it, I propose we start out with TI-Planet using an iframe containing the standard jsTIfied page, somehow opened with either POST data or the callback query when a website user chooses to try a program (so that it's not loaded on every single archives view). We'll have to come up with some way to securely identify the referrer as TI-Planet so that I can make the templating engine omit the standard header around the emulator, while retaining the necessary sidebars (ROM-loading, help, debugger, and so on).

Why iframes ?

From my point of view, we need to split the interface from the code in order to make a portable and clean tool:
- iframes and html are for the interface
- Javascript is for the code

If you just want to check things like the referer, you absolutely don't need html code at all.

You can make the script auto check what it wants and decide to start normally or not.

You can also setup your server to serve the .js file only to referers in your valid referers list.
Can the calculator emulator work for the ipad mini 2?
Doug
douggate wrote:
Can the calculator emulator work for the ipad mini 2?
Doug
I believe so. Be sure to follow the directions in the ROM tab of the emulator to get your ROM onto the device.
Ok so I load jsTIfied, then upload my 84+CSE.rom file. Then, sometimes, it is in "Test Mode" (programs, etc. locked aka Blue Bar at the top mode) and other times not. In either case, when I upload a valid .8XP file, it does not work correctly. I get this red error box that says "Error: Unable to load the specified file. Are you sure it's a TI-83+ program, file, or application? Are you sure there's enough free memory to fit it? Is the calculator at the homescreen?"
Then, the little upload bar that shows the filename says Failed! in red letters.
EDIT : Now, it somewhat works.
When I uploaded and ran my file, it gave an ARGUMENT error, then did this :
Hmm, sounds to me like you have an odd corrupted ROM, but let's check a few things to make sure:
1) What browser, version, and OS are you using?
2) Where did you get the ROM? Did you dump it from your calculator using rom8x Modernized?
3) Is the calculator at the homescreen etc when you try to load the program?
1. Firefox, latest version, Windows 7 sp1, calc os 4.0
2. Rom from calculator dumped using TiLP
3. Yes, the calculator is at homescreen.
Hexatron wrote:
2. Rom from calculator dumped using TiLP
Please try re-dumping your ROM using rom8x Modernized. It sounds as if the ROM is corrupted in some fashion.
Hey thanks for the help, works fine now!
Hexatron wrote:
Hey thanks for the help, works fine now!
Great! Good to know that TILP II makes corrupted TI-84+CSE ROM images; we should probably report that somewhere.
Thanks for your reply.
I tried using the JPEG I use when I use my iPhone but the image of the TI84 does not change to my ROM image of the TI83+.
Any thoughts as to what I can do?
Doug
douggate wrote:
Thanks for your reply.
I tried using the JPEG I use when I use my iPhone but the image of the TI84 does not change to my ROM image of the TI83+.
Any thoughts as to what I can do?
Doug
Do you have access to a computer you can use to verify that the ROM jpeg works? That would be a good first debugging step.
Did you miss my post ?
critor wrote:
Why iframes ?

From my point of view, we need to split the interface from the code in order to make a portable and clean tool:
- iframes and html are for the interface
- Javascript is for the code
Well, I very frequently update the interface, and it would be a pain for me to SFTP into the TI-Planet server (or wherever) every time I change it.

critor wrote:
If you just want to check things like the referer, you absolutely don't need html code at all.

You can make the script auto check what it wants and decide to start normally or not.

You can also setup your server to serve the .js file only to referers in your valid referers list.
HTTP referers are very not reliable, so I would probably do something like a challenge-response.
Was the version of TILP which produced a corrupted ROM dump the latest public beta released several months ago ?

Quote:
Well, I very frequently update the interface, and it would be a pain for me to SFTP into the TI-Planet server (or wherever) every time I change it.

Well, even though we called for a synchronization mechanism, we never asked you to do an explicit SFTP copy anywhere Wink

FWIW, I'm in the process of documenting how the general public can leverage the unnamed JS TI-68k emulator started by PatrickD, which I largely improved, and is used at TI-Planet.
The JS code has always been entirely independent of the TI-Planet portal (but built in collaboration with critor, obviously; his skins were integrated to the JS code), the standalone HTML page (known to several dozens of persons by now) and the TI-Planet portal use the same JS file.
I need to finish the writeup (with screenshots, etc.) when I'm done implementing a feature in another code base, hopefully soon.
iframe seems eminently reasonable to me.
It doesn't to me.
You can't integrate iframes like you want or where you want.

It's considered a bad practice to use iframes on websites.

And anyway, it's not even needed.
iframe is for displaying html content.

And if it's for displaying content which is going to be hidden (cemetech menu for example), I can't see the point.

So, what's the real point of making us use iframes ?

It's now been months, and it's not like we've asked you to develop/code anything.
critor wrote:
You can't integrate iframes like you want or where you want.

Where on earth could you want to position the emulator that an iframe would not allow you to do so? Not being able to integerate it completely is certainly a tradeoff inherent in using them, but we've already made it very explicit that the terms of use for external embedding are that all code is served from our servers for quality control purposes. It seems a tradeoff to make given that this will save you the time and effort of writing a similarly capable emulator from scratch.

critor wrote:
It's considered a bad practice to use iframes on websites.

iframes are the correct choice for embedding external interactions with HTMl content in your page's UI.

critor wrote:
And anyway, it's not even needed.
iframe is for displaying html content.

The jsTIfied UI is html content, which is why it makes sense to serve it via an iframe.

critor wrote:
So, what's the real point of making us use iframes ?

It is so that all code is kept up to date automatically. I believe Kerm has explained this the last time we had this discussion when he offered the embedding API for loading external files from your archive.

critor wrote:
It's now been months, and it's not like we've asked you to develop/code anything.

I'm going to assume you're unaware of how that phrase might sound in English, because I'd like to continue to think that we're having a polite and reasonable conversation here, and in the past when we've expressed concern over possible tones of hostility in your communications you've assured us that this is not the case. So let me be very clear in the hopes that this communication problem will resolve itself: your choice of phrasing habitually makes it sound as if you believe that we are in some way indebted to you or owe you something; and furthermore that you believe your time is in some way more important than our own. Neither of these are suitable tones for communication between friends/colleagues/peers/collaborators. If this tone is unintentional, you should probably take steps to adjust your writing style. If this tone is intentional, you should probably take steps to adjust your attitude, because it isn't welcome here.

ldebroux wrote:
FWIW, I'm in the process of documenting how the general public can leverage the unnamed JS TI-68k emulator started by PatrickD, which I largely improved, and is used at TI-Planet.
The JS code has always been entirely independent of the TI-Planet portal (but built in collaboration with critor, obviously; his skins were integrated to the JS code), the standalone HTML page (known to several dozens of persons by now) and the TI-Planet portal use the same JS file.
I need to finish the writeup (with screenshots, etc.) when I'm done implementing a feature in another code base, hopefully soon.

That is a definitely a different model than we have in mind for jsTIfied, but I am glad that you enjoy the work and are taking the time to document it for the benefit of others.
I didn't intend to make any sentence rude.

But sorry, it's the truth:
It's been months.

I've been very polite and reasonable, as I didn't even ask for any work from your side.

Does TI or any other partner have to wait for so many months?

Again, we don't need any UI - so we don't need HTML and so we don't need iframe, which is a very bad thing.

Why do you absolutely want to force us to have a rectangular Cemetech content ?
Why can't we just rebuild the UI like we want, by just calling the .js files, and put/resize the different div where we want ?

You've apparently decided by yourself to develop something bad we didn't even ask for.

We didn't even ask you for a single line of code.

So I'm sorry, but after the SFTP mentionned above we never asked for, it's now the UI....
What's the next reason going to be ?

How many more months are you going to go on complicating things like this ?

Let me remind you what we've asked for:
- just the right to link the code (.js files)

That's all. You don't have to develop or modify a single line for us.

Anything else that you want just needs to be an agreement between partners:
- number of Cemetech/jsTified links/mentions
- size and location of Cemetech / jsTiFied banners
- or anything else you want

If you have other reasons for absolutely wanting to share jsTiFied with some HTML code, just say them frankly so that we can come to an agreement instead of wasting some more time.
critor wrote:
But sorry, it's the truth:
It's been months.

I've been very polite and reasonable, as I didn't even ask for any work from your side.
I implemented an interface to load programs, as you asked. That was not good enough. I implemented a simpler interface to load programs. That was also not good enough. I offered to let you embed the emulator in your website. Still not good enough.

Quote:
Does TI or any other partner have to wait for so many months?
TI pays its partners or provides them with materials or other remuneration. I do this as a hobby; I have a real job, real social commitments, real relationships to maintain, and real health to look after. Your sense of entitlement is mind-blowing.

Quote:
Again, we don't need any UI - so we don't need HTML and so we don't need iframe, which is a very bad thing.
Yes, you do need a UI. If you make your own, the next time I change something, your UI will not work.

Quote:
Why do you absolutely want to force us to have a rectangular Cemetech content ?
Why can't we just rebuild the UI like we want, by just calling the .js files, and put/resize the different div where we want ?
Because, as I keep saying, the UI and what elements and buttons and fields are necessary changes almost as fast as the JS. To quote myself:
KermMartian wrote:
[Well, I very frequently update the interface

Quote:
You've apparently decided by yourself to develop something bad we didn't even ask for.
What?

Quote:
So I'm sorry, but after the SFTP mentionned above we never asked for, it's now the UI....
What's the next reason going to be ?

How many more months are you going to go on complicating things like this ?
Every disagreement has been me wanting to make sure your users get the up-to-date, non-broken jsTIfied experience. Every argument from you has been wanting to give yourself as much control over jsTIfied as possible.

Quote:
If you have other reasons for absolutely wanting to share jsTiFied with some HTML code, just say them frankly so that we can come to an agreement instead of wasting some more time.
I don't know how I can rephrase this to make it understood. I don't want you to host the JS because I constantly update it. I don't want you to host an implementation of the interface because I often change it, especially ROM-loading stuff, debugger features, and so on.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours