CDI wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
LuxenD wrote:
Acctually, I wonder if TI has ever tried to hire Kerm...?
I cannot comment on this matter at this time.

I don't know if you're kidding, this is serious, or total geekbait.

Geekbait? Should I be more worried you are believing Kerm is trying to induce fantasies of himself working at TI or that geekbait is a "word?"
AMAZING. Nothing else I can really say.
Keep us posted on updates! Very Happy
errr that photoshop looks glossy. XD
0rac343 wrote:
errr that photoshop looks glossy. XD

Yeah, at the end I noticed that much more than when I was working on it as I got used to it Razz
But anyway, at least we can see well it's not a matte case anymore Very Happy
CDI wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
LuxenD wrote:

He means yes. If he had not been contacted, he would not have had to say that.
seana11 wrote:
CDI wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
LuxenD wrote:

But it is also Kerm.
CDI wrote:
seana11 wrote:
CDI wrote:

But it is also Kerm.

It's not that the global moderators and admins are already setting up an announcement for April Fools or anything. 'Cause it's way to early for that, right?

Meanwhile, by the time April 1st does roll around y'all will have forgotten this. So, I feel pretty safe saying all this.
Heh. Anyway, Adriweb, very nice Photoshoppery. It's good to know that it looks glossy (and a lot like a Prizm, if I may say so myself!).
CDI wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
LuxenD wrote:

tro-lo-lo-lo.
Ti has officially announced this as a continuation of the ti-8x line and will be z80, running a modified version of the 2.55mp and 320x240-pixel color screen. Hopefully it is released soon, but probably not till back to school season 2013.
wow, could you please link?
zeldaking wrote:
Ti has officially announced this as a continuation of the ti-8x line and will be z80, running a modified version of the 2.55mp and 320x240-pixel color screen. Hopefully it is released soon, but probably not till back to school season 2013.
What's your source on this?
KermMartian wrote:
zeldaking wrote:

TI's press stie Nothing there so I call bull.
TheStorm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
zeldaking wrote:

TI's press stie Nothing there so I call bull.

Or maybe they didn't really want him talking about their new calculator - they were probably forced to sing a little bit once we announced it here. In a recent technical internship, I worked on a lot of secret projects and wasn't allowed to tell anyone about them. In any case, they've only uttered one note, just enough to tell the world that there really is a song to follow it.
I'M glad it still has ASM support. I just hope that porting old 84+ games won't be too much of a PITA. Remember how crappy FX-9860G BASIC games looked like on the PRIZM due to thinner Line()'s and smaller Pxl-On/On/whatever dots, and now for ASM you would have to record everything involving sending data to the LCD/screen buffers.

That's unless, of course, there's a compatibility mode or that Pxl-On/Line/etc shows thick lines by default and that 8xi files shows up with scaling.

Also TI really needs to make sure the price is low enough to convince people to get this instead of the Nspire if they want it to sell a lot. In Quebec, a TI-84+SE only costs $18 less than a TI-Nspire CX ($177 vs $195)
Well, I should reiterate my suspicion that they're going to phase out the non-CAS Nspire and stick with the TI-84 line. Perhaps even TI has realized that the Nspire is a somewhat unintuitive device for simple calculations and graphing for elementary and high school students. That's just my totally-unfounded guess about making the Nspire turn into the 89-replacement model, though.
KermMartian wrote:
Perhaps even TI has realized that the Nspire is a somewhat unintuitive device for simple calculations and graphing for elementary and high school students. That's just my totally-unfounded guess about making the Nspire turn into the 89-replacement model, though.

It is an excellent example of the balance between features and simplicity, and I'd be dismayed if TI kills off the proven 68k line. Hopefully there's a TI-89 C Titanium in a college out there.
"If it isn't broken, don't fix it"
Yeah I sometimes wonder if they won't discontinue the non-CAS model. Not only they got rid of 84+ emulation in the non-CAS model (the only one that supported it), but its price is only $10 less than the CAS one. Add to that the way those calcs were done, making it possible for people to just put a CAS OS on a non-CAS model.
Quote:
and I'd be dismayed if TI kills off the proven 68k line. Hopefully there's a TI-89 C Titanium in a college out there.

The TI-68k series has always been much less popular worldwide than the TI-Z80 series due to silly standardized tests forbidding usage of a CAS. TI already killed it in 2005, and the community belittled in 2006-2007 but never picked up.
For practical purposes, I'm afraid that there's no glitter of hope for a color TI-68k...
Amazing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours