Ah, so you knew about this, excellent. Smile I should probably get in touch with my contacts as well, although I don't want to bug them too much if they're not ready to reveal much yet.
KermMartian wrote:
Ah, so you knew about this, excellent. Smile I should probably get in touch with my contacts as well, although I don't want to bug them too much if they're not ready to reveal much yet.

Yeah, same ... Very Happy
I'll post as soon as I know more !
So here's the deal, I just talked with my school faculty and they said to shoot them an Email, containing what I'd like to do with the calculator.
And they'll send that to TI and if TI gives them the okay (that we're not breaching our terms) then I can use the calculator to do what I want other than what TI specifically prohibits.
aew... i hope taking a picture was okay..
I intend to do much more than what I've listed if I do get permission... Because if I do anything else the faculty won't know even if they''re supervising me.
0rac343 wrote:
I intend to do much more than what I've listed if I do get permission... Because if I do anything else the faculty won't know even if they''re supervising me.
I don't recommend that you do that. I don't want you to risk getting trouble for the sake of discovering extra stuff. Smile Non-destructive exploration through the OS is probably less of a big deal, of course, but I would definitely not do anything potentially damaging, like (heaven forbid) taking it apart. Even though I'm extremely curious. Smile
I think this is really cool. Jez do.
[edit] Simply clone it's hardware and keep the clone! Razz
I would absolutely recommend not taking it apart or doing anything remotely physical to it, except perhaps taking pictures or transferring variables to/from it. OS and/or boot code dumps would tell us volumes about what they've done hardware-wise.
BrandonW wrote:
I would absolutely recommend not taking it apart or doing anything remotely physical to it, except perhaps taking pictures or transferring variables to/from it. OS and/or boot code dumps would tell us volumes about what they've done hardware-wise.
Even the 2nd-MEM-About, 2nd-MEM-Mem Mgmt, and [MODE][ALPHA][S] information would be enlightening.
BrandonW wrote:
OS and/or boot code dumps would tell us volumes about what they've done hardware-wise.

I suspect this will not be approved by TI/school administrators.
KermMartian wrote:
BrandonW wrote:
Even the 2nd-MEM-About, 2nd-MEM-Mem Mgmt, and [MODE][ALPHA][S] information would be enlightening.

Why doesn't TI just send the Kerm one? He is, after all, one of the most concerned people in calculator affairs around.
acctually, i wonder if Ti has ever tried to hire Kerm...?
I don't think so :p
LuxenD wrote:
Acctually, I wonder if TI has ever tried to hire Kerm...?
I cannot comment on this matter at this time.
Hey 0rac, how much do you remember about the UI changes? Does the homescreen fill up the entire screen under the status bar, unlike the graph screen? Is most of the interface still black&white and pixely?
And... I still think the ti89ti and other m68k calcs are superior Razz

So, z80, ez80, Encore!, OMAP, M68000? Test gogo
Can not compute how fantastic this is. Maybe it is their gesture to us after the disaster that was our take on the Nspire? Either way, when/if this comes out, I will most certainly get it, assuming it fares well over in the calculator community.
qazz42 wrote:
Can not compute how fantastic this is. Maybe it is their gesture to us after the disaster that was our take on the Nspire? Either way, when/if this comes out, I will most certainly get it, assuming it fares were over in the calculator community.
"fares were over"? Other than that, I agree, and I think it definitely might be a nod that the Nspire for non-CAS applications is potentially a mistake.
I photoshopped the image quite a bit, and here's the result : (hosted here originally : http://tiplanet.org/wiki/index.php?title=Fichier:TI-84_Plus_C_Silver_Edition.png)
KermMartian wrote:
LuxenD wrote:
Acctually, I wonder if TI has ever tried to hire Kerm...?
I cannot comment on this matter at this time.

I don't know if you're kidding, this is serious, or total geekbait.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours