0rac343 wrote:
It runs 2.55MP, as far as I can see it still has the asmprgm and asmcomp function.
So I am assuming it has z80.
That is superb news. With your permission, I'd like to give you a very small hex string to run tomorrow using those commands.
Quote:
As for screen resolution I am not entirely sure yet.
Higher than 96x64, of course?
Quote:
In response to the link port, it still has the standard usb and COM port So the link cables that most people have should suffice.
Superb!
Could you stop in after school and ask your teacher if you can play with one? Then you can take your time and take lots of pictures and stuff.
merthsoft wrote:
Could you stop in after school and ask your teacher if you can play with one? Then you can take your time and take lots of pictures and stuff.
I very very heartily second this suggestion.
Sure why not? I'll see if we're using the calculators tomorrow and run the hex
Pretty sure it's higher than 96x64 Razz
EDIT:
Actually if I can get my hands on a calculator afterschool I'll just run it then and get some more info
i was planning on getting a cx for some reason, but i change my mind. i wonder how Ti-basic will be changed for the color implementation?
Also, you should check the MEM menu for amount of free RAM and Archive.
calc84maniac wrote:
Also, you should check the MEM menu for amount of free RAM and Archive.

Will do.
Meh, I won't be impressed until they do this to the 68K line. Razz
</party_pooper>
Travis wrote:
Meh, I won't be impressed until they do this to the 68K line.
</party_pooper>

haha, don't get your hopes up :p
Travis wrote:
Meh, I won't be impressed until they do this to the 68K line.
</party_pooper>
I hate to say it, but I suspect that the 68k line may have reached its end of life. Sad Perhaps the TI-84 Plus Color will continue the non-CAS lines, hence the removal of the TI-84 emulator from the Nspires, while the Nspire will become a CAS-only line replacing the 68ks? That would actually make a lot of sense to me.
That would be nice for Nspire users though, because if Nspire goes CAS only, they no longer have a real motivation to protect it so heavily, since CAS calculators are prohibited on a good number of standard tests.

Not sure I like the implications for the rest of us.
KermMartian wrote:
Wow, that's pretty interesting! I am extremely glad to hear that the TI-84+/SE line is continuing. I would call this fake if it wasn't so obviously not (I can tell from some of the pixels, and from having seen a good deal of Photoshopping in my time). I share PCB_Master's question: does it have a z80 inside? This definitely bears front-page news.

haha I just saw the photoshop part. I wish I could photoshop :\
But all I can manage is some great MS.Paint pixel art XD
elfprince13 wrote:
That would be nice for Nspire users though, because if Nspire goes CAS only, they no longer have a real motivation to protect it so heavily, since CAS calculators are prohibited on a good number of standard tests.

Not sure I like the implications for the rest of us.
I like the implications for the rest of us in terms of the continuation of the z80 line, even if emulated, and the continued relevance of our Apps and programs. I suppose it's a problem if they try to lock down the OS again. I will do everything in my power to weigh in on the not-lock-down side, if anyone asks me.
KermMartian wrote:
I will do everything in my power to weigh in on the not-lock-down side, if anyone asks me.

And rest assured I will do everything in my power to undo whatever they do, if they don't ask you.
KermMartian wrote:
I will do everything in my power to weigh in on the not-lock-down side, if anyone asks me.

<3

BrandonW wrote:
And rest assured I will do everything in my power to undo whatever they do, if they don't ask you.

<3
BrandonW wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I'd expect nothing less from you. Smile I do hope that they open up a little to us, particularly with how vitriolically we responded to their initial stance with the Nspire.
I won't copy elfprince's post, but I think everyone here feels like that.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

<3

BrandonW wrote:

<3

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
I bet they are using an ARM core which emulates Z80 behavior like HP does it with their Saturn architecture.
KermMartian wrote:
Wow, that's pretty interesting! I am extremely glad to hear that the TI-84+/SE line is continuing. I would call this fake if it wasn't so obviously not (I can tell from some of the pixels, and from having seen a good deal of Photoshopping in my time). I share PCB_Master's question: does it have a z80 inside? This definitely bears front-page news.

Well, obviously it's not fake, but just for the heck of it, let me confirm that Very Happy (Also, I didn't know TI was trying the 84C (SE!) out in pilot classes Razz)

calc84maniac wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
cvsoft wrote:
I just bought my 84+ last month... >Sad Looks like I'll get both!
But anyways, the screen doesn't look too high-resolution for an ARM, but maybe TI is finally going to use modern technology. Let's hope it still supports Assembly.
If you take a look at the resolution of the horizontal and vertical ticks on the graph axes, it looks like it may actually have a 320x240-ish screen.

The question is if it has that high of a resolution, why is the text at the top so blocky?

It's 320x240 (you can probably photoshop the photo to force the contrast or whaterv to count).
It supports asm, like before, but some things will probably change, I guess, I don't really know.

I will ask my contacts for HD photos and see if I can have/post more details

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours