Fun fact: The new launcher will make sure that your MC jar is signed and redownload everything if it was altered.

Fun fact 2: If you have the jar owned by root and you can't delete it or write to it, the Launcher will not error out and you can mod it.

(Light overlay mod is great)
Bumping this here from IRC:

The MC server is down. I have checked with dinnerbone's site, it also says that the
MC server is down. Already down for quite a few hours now at the time of posting.

<edit>

Comic sorted it out.
Thanks for reporting this, AHelper; comic, thanks for fixing it! I'm glad we have our best people on this. In the future, some sort of automatic system that would let us know when services crash might be a nice idea. I've been meaning to make Cemetech's backup service email me with information.
It really wasn't something a script would have caught and notified about, I'm afraid. The server was still running. I ran the stop command from the console but it didn't do anything. Also, the console was plagued with "World Save in 10 Seconds" messages and Hawkeye row purging.

I ran the ./minecraft restart bukkit from ssh but after the server was supposed to of been shutdown, it created a new instance which failed to initialize because a server was already running on that port. I had to find the PID and kill it, then start Minecraft again. I'm not sure of a way to determine that sort of "crash" but I would assume it is possible with some two way communication; MC to Script, Script to MC.
Yeah, that's a rare and hard one to detect. The console was filled with the periodic messages not because anything was specifically wrong but because there were no clients joining and generating messages to separate those periodic messages. Given how rarely this sort of issue is likely to occur, I don't really feel it's worth our time to try to deal with it.

Also, Minecraft 1.6 is out (again; I feel like I was just installing the 1.6 Beta version that came out two years ago); we'll upgrade as soon as there's a decently-stable Bukkit build available. Until then, hang tight with your clients.
KermMartian wrote:
Also, Minecraft 1.6 is out (again; I feel like I was just installing the 1.6 Beta version that came out two years ago); we'll upgrade as soon as there's a decently-stable Bukkit build available. Until then, hang tight with your clients.

If you happen to have Magic Launcher (an easy way to install mods), then you could temporarily downgrade your minecraft files. I, of course have Magic Launcher which means I can enjoy both the Cemetech server and horses on the same computer! Looking for Magic Launcher? Find it here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/939149-launcher-magic-launcher-116-mods-options-profiles-news/ just scroll down and select which OS you have.
If you just want to downgrade, then Mojang gave you that ability with the new launcher. Set up another profile to change the version to use.
AHelper wrote:
If you just want to downgrade, then Mojang gave you that ability with the new launcher. Set up another profile to change the version to use.
I swear that Shkaboinka posted the same thing yesterday, but I don't see his post at all. Shock I'm glad they finally added that option to the launcher, anyway. How does it handled modded jars? I want to distribute my tall map client mod, for example.
KermM, its because we have two MC threads at the same time. I was thinking about saying in the other one to just post here as it gets confusing. Link: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=206503#206503
Wall progress!

Very attractive walls, AHelper! Do those have the automatic gravel gates of yours? Also, I'm planning to upgrade the server to 1.6.2 very soon indeed.
That last image is indeed an automatic gate. Things left to do there:
  • Add in a gate on the east wall
  • Build 1.5 buildings for the commercial district
  • Build some sort of special building on one of the plots
  • Add in gardens
  • Hedgewars!
  • Add furnishings to all buildings
  • Find something to do with the space near walls (gardens, small buildings?)
  • Ways to access the wall
  • Make the top of the wall less flat
Forgot to add, needed a temple-like building.

Challenge completed.

Bump, 1.6.2.

What should be done to the world now that new limited items were added? (Horse armour) The map would need to be regenerated for the new things to be added...
I poke Kerm or Comic, or whoever to upgrade the server.
Second, can
Can.......?

Also, I think KermM is waiting for me to buy AoEIIHD first Razz
I started pouring through the list of plugins to see what we needed to upgrade, got distracted by some mess with the 1.6 version of Permissions Ex, and threw up my hands about the whole issue. I'll try to get the upgrade done tomorrow if I have a chance and people remind me. Smile
*bump* The Cemetech Minecraft server has been upgraded to Minecraft 1.6.2! Come enjoy fun survival, building, engineering, and more. Just join up to mc.cemetech.net .
Yay, and the live map still derps!

Maybe have it update all images in all views for those chunks?
*bump* I have been working on upgrading the trains and train stations in the Museum World to remove their Falsebook dependencies. Let me know if you feel like helping with the project.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours