Progress on a nice Nether/Quartz temple for the SkyWorld:

Also, KermM's vault has some nice guarding

Looking good, AHelper! I haven't explored building with those materials yet, but they look very spiffy.
I don't know what everyone else says, but:

Please don't modify the rail system unless you are expanding the line or adding to it. The station parts are large and complicated. If the stations need to be adjusted or added, please let me know, I have different plans made for them.

Smile
Another shoutout for iron and gold for the overworld rail line. This will be used for the rail to the east and for a rail to the south across the ocean. I have no iron on me at all. 28 blocks made it half way to the underground city one-way. :\
Kerm, didn't I tell you not to let my brother Fluf8x play on the server? Even if he doesn't grief, he's 11, and not only doesn't he know about programming calculators (after all, he's 11), but he looks down on it and has only meager mathematical skill (for an 11-year old).
Our server isn't exclusive to people who program [calculators]; my friends who play on our server don't program. I see no reason why he can't openly join and contribute to our server.
blue_bear_94 wrote:
Kerm, didn't I tell you not to let my brother Fluf8x play on the server? Even if he doesn't grief, he's 11, and not only doesn't he know about programming calculators (after all, he's 11), but he looks down on it and has only meager mathematical skill (for an 11-year old).
I don't remember whitelisting Fluf8x, to be honest; I'll keep an eye on him and see if he misbehaves.
Well, Fluf8x stole some Unbreaking III enchanted books from Weregoose's (I think) mob grinder.
Hello, I was wandering if I could be added to your whitelist for minecraft.

Thank you very much.

live150 (minecraft account name)
Unfortunately we aren't going to whitelist just anyone, secondly we don't have a whitelist. You are free to join and move around the world but you won't be able to build or interact with the world.
I will be posting a video soon, but this is aimed at the tekkit users here. If you don't use tekkit, there is a mod called computer craft that gives you various computer-type blocks stemming from a lua interpreter. Now, one of these blocks is a turtle, which is a small block-sized robot that can move, mine, etc..

I have just created a pathfinding system that allows a bot to move from point A to point B (limited for now on Ya=Yb, will change) and allows it to get there without any knowledge of the world. I made an A* search in Lua that will move the bot to the destination and allows it to detect any collisions, mark them, and plot courses around it. This is very helpful if you use the turtle bot already and you want to move it around a place but don't want to manually tell it how to move, a simple start and end are all that is needed.

Note that all of this is done in real-time, it has no knowledge of the world and works it out on its own. I am getting it the ability to save the blocks it found to allow it to plot faster and more correct courses each time it moves.

[Video in a day or so]
Live150 wrote:
Hello, I was wandering if I could be added to your whitelist for minecraft.

Thank you very much.

live150 (minecraft account name)
We add people to the build list if they have demonstrated maturity and constructiveness on the forums, or an existing trusted member can vouch for them, FYI.
Hey, can someone promote rthmn3021? He/she seems to be fairly active/trustworthy.
leafiness0 wrote:
Hey, can someone promote rthmn3021? He/she seems to be fairly active/trustworthy.
I have done so. Let's hope he/she lives up to those expectations.
I have found two skeleton spawners about 10m away from each other at the same height at spawn and neutralized them. Should we create an XP farm right at spawn?
An island that I have tore down and rebuilt is making much progress. A 4x3 gravel door was installed, one of 2, and is functional. More work is needed to integrate the lighting controls to it, but that is for later. Screenies eventually.

Aimed at comic or KermM: I am seeing an issue where I can't place a bed on an upside-down half-slab. It is possible from the vanilla server in the client, so I am not sure why it isn't allowing it on the server.
You'll have to show me this issue. Upside-down half-slab is not in my Minecraft dictionary.
I'm familiar with upside-down half slabs, but I don't know of any setting to forbid beds from being placed on top of them. AHelper, have you looked through the current Bukkit issue list to see if that has been reported for Bukkit 1.5.2?
After a bit of searching, didn't find anything. But then it dawned on me - beds float. So, some temporary dirt blocks solved my problems, but still an odd bug. I will look at the official MC bug tracker at some point.
AHelper wrote:
After a bit of searching, didn't find anything. But then it dawned on me - beds float. So, some temporary dirt blocks solved my problems, but still an odd bug. I will look at the official MC bug tracker at some point.
Sounds good. Speaking of bugs, I'm quickly collecting quite a list of what SpigotMC breaks: everything from items flowing in water over ice despawning, to creating incorrect lava and water sources in the middle of flows.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours