We try to work hard here at Cemetech, teaching programming and hardware hacking, welcoming students, teachers, and professionals, and spreading the joy of mastering technology. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, though, so we also enjoy a bit of recreational video gaming on the side. Two of our particular loves are Unreal Tournament 2004 for its cathartic action and Minecraft for its creative potential. We've hosted private servers for these two games for quite a while, and with the joint purchase of a powerful dedicated server by moderator comicIDIOT and myself, I am happy to publicly announce these two servers.

mc.cemetech.net is our Minecraft server. It is a PvE creative survival server, gradually filling with more and more impressive houses and structures. The Build World is open to all, once they are approved by a moderator. The rules are simple: no hacks, no stealing, no griefing, and have fun. There is also an expansive Museum World, showcasing our best builds from the past year and a half, including cities, bridges, railroads, mansions, and more. There is no whitelist, so hop on now!

ut.cemetech.net just may be the longest-running Unreal Tournament 2004 server still in operation. Although the game is nearly a decade old, it still provides pure FPS fun that's hard to find in any more modern games. We have a particular love for Vehicular Capture-the-Flag (VCTF) and every-man-for-himself DeathMatch (DM), though we don't restrict ourselves to those. We have hundreds of maps and a powerful, low-latency server; come relive the joy of quad-jumping while blasting a flak cannon at your opponents! The server has a password; feel free to log into Cemetech and ask for it, and we'll be happy to share.

What happened to play.cemetech.net?

I look forward to others joining and playing Smile
comicIDIOT wrote:
What happened to play.cemetech.net?

I look forward to others joining and playing Smile
I decided it would be more work to create and maintain than simply making it known that we have Unreal Tournament and Minecraft servers. Smile
Fair enough. I should continue work on the web site aspect of the domain!
ah yes, I cannot wait for my 2 weeks of hard work to end. I'll be so ready for some UT with you lot....

I wonder, do you think we could add the dalek vehicle mod and have some fun with it every so often, or would that put too much strain on the people who have to download mods via the server?
qazz42 wrote:
ah yes, I cannot wait for my 2 weeks of hard work to end. I'll be so ready for some UT with you lot....

I wonder, do you think we could add the dalek vehicle mod and have some fun with it every so often, or would that put too much strain on the people who have to download mods via the server?

I've been thinking of making our list of maps and other things available for public download but everytime I think about it I can't help but recall recent events. So, I'm not exactly sure what the most appropriate method would be to make those maps available for download. However, since we are now on a private server, perhaps the download limit can be increased significantly.
Yeah, I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to find the setting for that. If you can manage it, I'd be happy to modify the configuration to allow nearly full-speed downloads for maps and mods.
We also have a small band of SC2 players! My handle on Battle.net is Bombadil (Character Code #819), but you can also add me as a Real ID friend if you PM me for my email address, or we are friends on Facebook. DJ Omnimaga and I play SC2BW or Ladder 2v2s from time to time, and I've played with both Pseudoprogrammer and Kllrnohj on occasion. I'm under the impression that Merthsoft also plays in some form or another.
It seems that even Tari plays Starcraft, from chatting on IRC. Speaking of games we currently or used to play, we had quite a few Hedgewars games going back in the day, I love to play whomever I can find (except Pseudoprogrammer) in AoE2, and I'm sure there are other games that I'm forgetting.
I just recently picked up Starcraft, and as we noted, am awful at it for the time being. If anybody else want to give it a try, you can play a limited selection of singleplayer and somewhat-less-limited multiplayer for free with the "Starter Edition".
Does Cemetech have Tekkit or Anarchy servers?

A real Anarchy server, not "PvP is marginally allowed"
JoeYoung wrote:
Does Cemetech have Tekkit or Anarchy servers?

A real Anarchy server, not "PvP is marginally allowed"
Yes, we have a Tekkit server. mc.cemetech.net:25566 is the Tekkit server.
You'll have to be whitelisted, however. Is your IGN the same as here, JoeYoung?
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to find the setting for that. If you can manage it, I'd be happy to modify the configuration to allow nearly full-speed downloads for maps and mods.

It looks like a simple redirection may be ideal.
Moved to http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=192118#192118
This could turn into:
nobody wrote:
Hi, I would like to see XXXXXX played on cemetech.

I would recommend sticking only to games that are traditional to long-standing cemetech players. Otherwise, we could all just start naming off games... or just get money to buy/play the 2 games Razz
Or we could even stick to the games that we already host here at Cemetech, namely Minecraft, Tekkit, and Unreal Tournament 2004.
And obliterate over gCn. Wink
Hmm, interesting. (My sister has UT2004 on her laptop)
But to be honest I rather play UT 99. I know, I'm old. Razz
AHelper wrote:
This could turn into:
nobody wrote:
Hi, I would like to see XXXXXX played on cemetech.

I would recommend sticking only to games that are traditional to long-standing cemetech players. Otherwise, we could all just start naming off games... or just get money to buy/play the 2 games :P

This is FOSS. Anyway, just because you don't like how they have bots set up for the moment doesn't mean that others won't like it. Unlike most other games that could be mentioned, this is *the* hottest place in foss atm.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours