Here are my TIs:

Here are my Casio Programmables (and TI-74... again):

Not shown:

- TI-99/4A (Have three, including my original one from 30years ago)
- Casio FX-991ES-Plus
- TI Keyboard
Very nice collection, sonic! Kudos on having a Voyage 200 that hasn't succumbed to LCD issues. What is that black TI-89 Titanium variant?
KermMartian wrote:
What is that black TI-89 Titanium variant?

The black TI-89 Titanium is a European model, AFAIK introduced in France in 2007. Mine was manufactured in 2012, bought it brand new from some guy in Denmark (where would we be without ebay?) I like it a lot although it tends to get full of fingerprints. I believe Datamath has a page dedicated to it.

On a sidenote, how common are the V200 screen problems? I've seen the ribbon cable and I understand that once it comes off the PCB is unrepairable... My TI-92 Plus still works fine after 13 years (is it a different ribbon?) I really like the V200 a lot. The form factor is great.
92+/V200 programs are a minority, but I'm not sure precisely how many programs work only on a 89/89T.
For native code programs, making a version tailored to the 89/89T, and a different version tailored to the 92+/V200, is often the way to go, to save (sometimes lots of) space and a bit of speed.
Wow, impressive collection indeed! I'm especially impressed with the vintage pieces, and yes, the V200. And the TI-84+ Pocket. Very Happy
CalebHansberry wrote:
Wow, impressive collection indeed! I'm especially impressed with the vintage pieces, and yes, the V200. And the TI-84+ Pocket. Very Happy

Thanks! I got the Pocket from well... a French guy for about 30 euros. Brand new and sealed, it would be hard to let it slip!
The V200 actually go for reasonable prices but you have to make sure the screen works properly before bidding. Got a second one for a student which I will have to return because of this Mad
Both CASIOs were bought brand new (NOS), the 880P was bought around 2000 from a company in Germany which still had them, the 730P around 2004 from eBay. Both have the maximum memory fitted too. (16K for the 730, 64K for the 880). Wonderful machines.
I cannot get a new picture up at this time, yet I just got another free calculator! this new one is (yet another) ti-83+ from my teacher. the last one I got had screen pressure damage, but this one appears to be in fine condition. My brother sais that it was behaving oddly, though, in a way most weird:
My bro, Eric wrote:
It took, like, 10 seconds before it would type a letter on the screen, and it was just so slow. it started working fine over the weekend, but Mrs. Collier had allready ordered a new replacement, so she said to give it to you.

GOD, I LOVE MY TEACHER!

anyways, now I have six calcs.
1 TI-84+SE, missing 3 columns of pixels on the far right
1 TI-84+, missing 2/3rds of its screen (my fault)
2 TI-83+, relatively good
1 TI-86, Like new
1 FX-CG10, with the most ****** annoying OS ever.

pictures soon.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
92+/V200 programs are a minority, but I'm not sure precisely how many programs work only on a 89/89T.

As far as BASIC goes, there's a few quirks that break compatibility. For instance, the syntax for the Dialog...EndDlog block functions is very slightly different (the alpha setting isn't present in the 92 series because there's no alpha key), but it's enough to break programs like CBLM as including the alpha setting causes the code to throw an error.

Anyways, a small bundle of Cemetechians purchased some remarkably inexpensive TI CBL 2s, and mine arrived the other day (it's the dark gray CBL 2 below). Sadly, my TI-83 Plus is not pictured here.
I was under the impression that you didn't have any of the Flash-based TI-83+/TI-84+ calculators, yet I see a TI-84+ right there. In my very humble opinion, it might be interesting to focus your efforts on the newest calculators, since almost every non-TI-Nspire calculator except the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition is officially or unofficially discontinued. Smile I'm also very excited to see that CBL2 there, and can't wait to get my own version of it.
Here's mine now (only including calcs in a workable state):

List of interesting (non-standard) calcs:
CAS+ nspire prototype
unnamed Nspire prototype -like a CAS+
TI-XXXXXXXXXXX: like a normal Nspire CAS
dark blue nspire keypad - just that
blinkenlights TI-83: has LEDs on the address pins
TI-92 Plus: has the rare Plus module
Stokes transparent TI-73: is transparent. 'nuff said
And in stack form:
KermMartian wrote:
I was under the impression that you didn't have any of the Flash-based TI-83+/TI-84+ calculators, yet I see a TI-84+ right there. In my very humble opinion, it might be interesting to focus your efforts on the newest calculators, since almost every non-TI-Nspire calculator except the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition is officially or unofficially discontinued. Smile

I start all of my Z80 projects on the TI-83 seen in the picture, guaranteeing that my code works on the TI-83, TI-83 Plus and variants, and TI-84 Plus series. I target broad compatibility, hence my usual reluctance to use assembly libraries in my code.
KermMartian wrote:
since almost every non-TI-Nspire calculator except the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition is officially or unofficially discontinued. Smile

That's sad. I had a secret hope for a TI-89 Plus C, would be the perfect calc for me. NSpire-CX CAS looks cool but the built-in BASIC just won't cut it for me.
Hooloovoo wrote:
Here's mine now (only including calcs in a workable state):
<snip>
List of interesting (non-standard) calcs:
CAS+ nspire prototype
unnamed Nspire prototype -like a CAS+
TI-XXXXXXXXXXX: like a normal Nspire CAS
dark blue nspire keypad - just that
blinkenlights TI-83: has LEDs on the address pins
TI-92 Plus: has the rare Plus module
Stokes transparent TI-73: is transparent. 'nuff said
And in stack form:
<snip>

Can you install Chameleon on the transparent 73?
Yeah, a faster TI-68k with a color screen has been a dream for many people for over a decade...
The upcoming 83PCE / 84PCE will raise the number of non-discontinued TI graphing calculator models again, but they're certainly TI-Z80 models, otherwise they'd conceivably be named, say, 89 Premium Color Edition or Nspire CX Premium.
Ivoah wrote:

Can you install Chameleon on the transparent 73?

Yep. I've even made a mod of the OS to do this
And with the arrival of the nspire CX CAS the other day, I consider my TI calculator collection complete! (That is, until they release a new CAS model... hopefully a TI-89 Titanium Plus C)

I picked up another TI-81 (it's the one on the left). The screen on the HW revision B models is just about the same as the ones used on the TI-82, and are of much better quality than other TI-82 screens (like the one on the right).

I didn't take a full family portrait because I have even more calcs coming in next week Very Happy

(click to enlarge, as usual)

Left to right, top to bottom:
TI-81 first gen, TI-81 second gen, TI-82 ROM 3., TI-82 ROM 4*, TI-82 ROM 12.0, TI-82 ROM 18.0, TI-85;
TI-83, TI-86, TI CBL, TI-84 Plus, TI-89 Titanium;
TI CBL 2 second gen, Vernier LabPro, TI CBL 2 first gen;
TI-83 Plus not pictured :<

My calculator collection is approaching completeness! I'm also running out of floor space for taking these pictures x.x

These are the ones I got this week:
Impressive collections everyone! It might be easier if I just list them.

Personally I have (from memory):

Texas Instruments: 25 Solar, 36X, 36Pro, 30Xa (gray, 1996 version, solar), 30 SLR, 34, Explorer, 81 (first graphing calculator), 82, 83+ Silver Edition, 84+, 84+ CSE, 86, 92 Plus, Voyage 200, 89 Titaninum, nSpire (regular and CAS, all three generations for the CAS version), BA II Plus (1990s version and newer 2014 version), BA Real Estate Pro, BA-20, BA II Plus Professional (original gray keyboard and 2014 version)

Hewlett Packard: 10s (?), 10b II, 10b II+, 12C, 12C Platinum Edition, 15C, 15C Limited Edition, 42S, 20S, 32SII, 33S, 35s, 49g+, 33E, 27S, 14B, 50g (blue keyboard), 38G, 39gII, 39gs, 48SX, 48GX, 28C, 19C, Prime

Casio: fx-78, fx-9850g (three color display, I think this is the right model), fx-9860g II, fx-9860 Slim, fx-9750g, Prizm, Classpad 330, fx-250, fx-115 ES, fx-115ES, fx-5800p

Calculated Industries: Machinist Calc Pro (4087), Construction Master 5, Real Estate Pro, Material Estimator

Other: Radio Shack EC 4004

That's what I can remember at the moment? Do apps also count?
Yeah, where do you guys get all those calcs? I have 3.

TI 84+ CSE
TI 83+SE
On that I can't find, but its not a graphing calc, non programmable.

Any ideas for my fourth that is not an Nspire?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 26
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours