Yet another web project of mine. It's pretty much complete (except that I need to make an awesome logo sometime), but I'm still completely open to suggestions. I'm too lazy to type out another description, so here's the documentation:

ORG

What is ORG?

ORG is an online IDE and assembler for Z80 projects, especially those for the TI-83 Plus–series calculators. Type your source code into the syntax-coloring editor, press Build, and download a fresh-baked program right out of the sidebar.

What can I do with it?

The ORG IDE lets you manage an entire project at a time, with as many individual text files as you want. The project source can be edited, assembled and linked (Build), zipped and downloaded (Download), BBify'd (BBCode), and saved online (Save). The GUI features tabbed files, five syntax themes, and an activity log. Drag tabs around to rearrange them, double-click them to rename, and click the X to close.

How does the assembling work?

When you press Build, each file is sent to the server and saved temporarily. (It also implies the Save action if you're logged in.) The first file in the file list (the one with an orange bar on top) is the one that is parsed first, and its filename is converted into the program name. Other files are parsed when they are included with the #include directive (see the section on directives below). You are allowed to include any files you have created, as well as select files built in to ORG: ti83plus.inc. After a few seconds, the script should be done assembling your project. View the logs in the sidebar and click the download link to download your 8XP file, which will be automatically removed once it is downloaded or after an hour passes, whichever comes first.

What does the assembler support?

It's largely complete, but I'm still actively working on adding new features. Most of the features you'd expect to be available in a Z80 assembler—macros, conditional statements, include files, and so on—are already implemented. The syntax is similar to Spasm's. Here is a complete list of supported hash directives:
  • #include "filename" or #include <filename>
  • #define variable value or #define macro(args) lines \ of \ code
  • #if expression
  • #ifdef variable
  • #ifndef variable
  • #elseif expression
  • #elseifdef variable
  • #elseifndef variable
  • #else
  • #endif
  • .end
  • .org pointer
  • .block bytes
  • .fill bytes,value
  • .db data or .byte data
  • .dw data or .word data
  • .echo expression

What's in a name?

ORG stands for "ORG's Really Great!" It's also a pun on the .org directive.

No other reason?

Nope.
Darn, no replies :/

Anyway, I haven't updated this thread in a while, but there've been a lot of updates.

There's been a redesign, first of all, but that's not important. (It looks a bit worse now IMO.)

I added many more build options—appvars, apps (one-page only for now), TI-83 programs, ZX Spectrum tape files, AsmPrgm ASCII text, and (if nothing works for you) raw binary.

I also finished the documentation (you can get to it by clicking the (?) icon to the right of the controls). In particular I finally got around to documenting the API, which you can use to chain any of your apps to the ORG assembler. There are sample scripts in both PHP and JavaScript to show you how to make the requests and stuff.

Hope you find this useful.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours