It's the middle of May, and summer is swiftly approaching (or for some of us, already here). What do you have planned for the summer? Projects, classes, travel, new languages you want to learn, new hardware you want to build?

I'll start us off. I have several programming projects I want to complete this summer:
:: Finish and publish Sandpaper 1.0
:: Finish and publish Graph3DP 1.0 with the new gCAS2
:: Finish implementing link sending and TI-84+ support in jsTIfied, then integrate jsTIfied into SourceCoder.

I have plenty of things to do at work:
:: Continue working on Oolong. Implement some Belief Propagation applications, try out Primary-Backup failure recovery, and consider a descriptive language for halting guarantees
:: If my paper is accepted into APSys 2012, create camera-ready version and go to the conference in July
:: Figure out what my post-Oolong work is going to be

Finally, I have a few miscellaneous projects:
:: Finish "Programming the TI-83+/84+" and see it on shelves by the end of the summer
:: Finish Clove 3. Current bottleneck is the USB-connected wireless host and its software.
:: Continue working on Beaglebone/RedEdition project.

How about you?
My todo list:

1. Finish GlassOS as it is way overdue
  2. Give KermM a stable gCAS2
  3. Write a keyboard driver
  4. Work on a game on the PC, for the PC, not a game for GlassOS or made on-calc
Well as for me.
1.Get back into Calculator programming, and finish some old programs, and maybe get back into calcopoly. (Maybe)
2.I have a good chance at getting a job taht pays 600 dollars per month, tutoring a 13 year old 5th grader from england, working 12 hours a month.(50 dollars per hour)
3.Upgrade my PC, get 8GB Of ram, a new motherboard, and a new quad core proc (meaning new case)
4.On top of all of this, I have 3 months to prep for college life, as I graduate from High School in a matter of 10 days. I would invite you all to my party, but maybe skype or Tinychat afterwords is better. (pretty sure none of you live near me)
5.PARTICIPATE IN HAVECALC!! !(That is still going right?)
Havecalc is still "on-air," yes. Smile

My main plan is to get a second/new job and enroll for the fall semester of college.
Mine is

1. Finish the 3-week summer CS course in Columbia
2. Python.
3. Hang with some friends I have not seen because of school
4. UTUTUTUTUTUTUTUT
comicIDIOT wrote:

My main plan is to get a second/new job and enroll for the fall semester of college.
Nice! Great plan on both. Are you still thinking of getting your own place, or did you decide that that's financially-infeasible for now? Yes, Qazz, UTUTUT for me too.
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Nice! Great plan on both. Are you still thinking of getting your own place, or did you decide that that's financially-infeasible for now?

It's still out of the picture. One of my close friends got his first job in years so hopefully we'll be able to move out by next year. There's a law that's going to be on the San Jose ballot to increase minimum wage to $10 an hour, and it'd be a living wage so it would likely see an increase every year. So, that'll be a great boost in our search of moving out - if it passes.

Until then I can only save up for moving out and two jobs will help immensely.
move
prepare to take the A+ exam
work on cadan and other misc coding projects i have

ENJOY LIFE Very Happy

EDIT: 10 dollar an hour minimum wage...do want... ours is $7.25 :<
Mine: Work on Contrast 7
and Sunrise 3
Write a TI-89 shell if I have the skill
Maybe learn z80 Assembly
Comic: Budgeting yourself about buying new Apple equipment will also help. Wink
geekboy: Do you have any specific goals about finishing any of said projects, or are you content with making incremental progress given your time constraints? What about finishing the CALCnet Axiom? Smile
Blue_bear: Sounds like a solid plan.
Programming wise:
-Become a competent "Prizm C" coder
-Understand some more z80
-Finsh Paint (in Prizm C)
-Finish Asteriods (in Prizm C)
-Finish Prizm C tutorial (with Ashbad...)
Other:
-Work: $8.00 and hour after tax cut Smile
-Hang out with the friends
-Find another job (so I'll have two part time jobs)
-College Summer Symester
-Have fun
Kerm I hope to finish the calcnet axiom sooner than later Razz

As for the other projects I hope to see some progress on cadan but that involves getting Iambian back in gear. Eh will happen in time Razz
I'll be doing the same things I do during not the summer.
merthsoft wrote:
I'll be doing the same things I do during not the summer.
IE, working and also being awesome? Will you be anywhere around the Northeast this summer, or unlikely?
I also want to do something like this, but in grayscale.
My summer:

- Internship thing
- Pixel art stuff
- Work on TaN
- Make my idea for a webcomic come to fruition
- More pixel art
- Do some prizmy things on the side
- Help update WikiPrizm

EDIT:

- Of course, watch MLP
zeldaking wrote:
-College Summer Symester
I hope that semester has an English course or six...

Kerm wrote:
IE, working and also being awesome? Will you be anywhere around the Northeast this summer, or unlikely?
I'm hoping to make a trip to New Hampshire some time. And maybe we can convince elfprince to have us at the lake again Smile.
I've been done with classes for two weeks already. Cool

So, things I'll be doing this summer:
  • Working on avionics (for significantly more than minimum wage) at Garmin.
  • Freelance programming involving NFC, and another project involving Hadoop+Lustre.
Things I want to work on? (In rough order of priority)
  • Finish building my divergence meter.
  • Continue overhauling libfxcg and building Python for Prizm.
  • Make a release of fx-imglib.
  • Implement a general temporal buffer for shell pipelines (idea I've been sitting on for a while).
Ugh, that feels like a lot of stuff to do. I'm probably forgetting some things too..
merthsoft wrote:
zeldaking wrote:
-College Summer Symester
I hope that semester has an English course or six...

Meh, I am not talking college english until 11th grade, next year. Yeah I hate english.
Tari: yeah Spring semester, what about summer?
Tari wrote:
Implement a general temporal buffer for shell pipelines (idea I've been sitting on for a while).
What's that in English?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours