KermMartian wrote:
Fair enough. Anyway, I like the idea that we'll be building up a hybrid BASIC library of sorts for the Prizm, and I hope we can all suggest possible functions to be included. Hopefully it will end up being a bit less kludgy than the hybrid libraries we have for the TIs, not that the libraries aren't great.

Currently, I'm working on how to read List, Mat and Str in the main memory thanks to PRGM2.

Then I could add some bitmap and text functions. But progress are slow because I haven't enough experience in C, and it take a long time to transfert each time the program on the emulator to test.

Quote:
See, I was wondering if an Addin that compiles basic programs to an Addin (BBC Basic?) would be easier and more beneficial than an addin that watches basic code execute. I only say this as the Prizm's basic interpreter is slow.

It's a good idea, but in my opinion it would be harder to write this addin and a compatible basic program.
In that way, it would be easier to write an new interpretor for Lua or Pyton by example rather than for basic Casio compiler.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours