It can display any single letter or number(Except K, V is forced to look like a U, and the Q looks weird because I need it to be different than a 9 so I can eventually develop a simple calculator)

Here's a screenie of it displaying an E:

I currently have a system in the works to build it as part of a memory delay grid, as well as adding in a redstone keyboard of sorts. I plan to eventually string a bunch of them together and either build them into a news ticker-like device, or a place to type things.

Each of the 8 segments(2 on each side, 1 on the top, 1 on the bottom, and 2 making up the cross in the center) can be turned on/off separately, letting me display a letter from 1 single byte of binary(8 binary states). The way I wish for it to work, 1 additional bit will be needed to signal that the 8 bits behind it need to be used to display a letter. All in all, I need 9 bits.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours