Hello,

I have installed DoorsCS 7.1.1.

But i want the Omnicalc's options like "Parentheses Assistant" or "Entries Menu".

If i install Omnicalc with omnicalc.8xk, it ask me if i want to overwrite hook.

If i say yes, DoorsCS don't work and i must to reinstall it.

After the reinstallation, "Entries Menu" doesn't work but "Parentheses Assistant" work.

So, how can i have this two applications in same time ??
(without conflict)

I am sorry for my english : i am french !
Just use DoorsCS, forget about Omnicalc Razz Well, when it asks you to overwrite hooks (using omnicalc) say no. This should allow DoorsCS to use its hook while omnicalc runs. Wait... does omnicalc use a hook? If so it probably won't work side by side. So just delete one you don't need, or get Kerm to add "Parentheses Assistant" and "Entries Menu" to DoorsCS. I really don't even know what Omnicalc is.
I need DoorsCS to run programs in menu even if there are archived and because xlib is integrated.

And Omnicalc it just to have "Parentheses Assistant", "Entries Menu", other math/calc functions and a quick menu (double click "var").

If I install each program (NoShell, Omnicalc and Xlib), there are conflicts with the hook and it take more byte.

But i don't think that Kerm will add few functions just for me ^^.

And Omnicalc use hook.
zeldaking wrote:
I really don't even know what Omnicalc is.

IIRC DCS supports chaining hooks, so everything should work if you set up Omnicalc first, then run DCS. I'm not sure on the details though.
Tari wrote:
IIRC DCS supports chaining hooks, so everything should work if you set up Omnicalc first, then run DCS. I'm not sure on the details though.

I try it.
I installed Omnicalc then I opened DoorsCS but if I run a program who use Xlib it disable the "Entries Menu" but not the "Parentheses Assistant".

So it is very strange !

EDIT :
It is not just for program who use xlib but all program archived.
Tari wrote:
zeldaking wrote:
I really don't even know what Omnicalc is.

Yes, that is true. DoorsCS does chain hooks, which means that if a hook exists in Omnicalc that does not exist in DoorsCS, it will still work because DoorsCS will execute that hook.

However, multiple hooks won't work if they share the same keypress sequence (e.g. if another app uses ON + PRGM for one of its hooks, it won't work with DoorsCS because ON + PRGM is a DCS keyhook to start it from the homescreen). However, that shouldn't be a problem for you because the functions you want from Omnicalc don't share key sequences with DoorsCS.
Compynerd255 wrote:
Yes, that is true. DoorsCS does chain hooks, which means that if a hook exists in Omnicalc that does not exist in DoorsCS, it will still work because DoorsCS will execute that hook.

However, multiple hooks won't work if they share the same keypress sequence (e.g. if another app uses ON + PRGM for one of its hooks, it won't work with DoorsCS because ON + PRGM is a DCS keyhook to start it from the homescreen). However, that shouldn't be a problem for you because the functions you want from Omnicalc don't share key sequences with DoorsCS.

So the unique solution is to add Omnicalc functions in DoorsCS ??
I think that's the best option, and I have, in fact, brought up at the very least the Entries Menu to Kerm (I think that's one of the most useful features ever done in an App). Unfortunately, I think he's right near out of space without pushing it to a 4-page app. He got a bunch of push-back when he made it 3-pages, so I'm sure people would complain if it were 4-pages. Of course, that said, one 4-page app instead of a 3-pager and a 1-pager seems better to me.
But he can make an extension of DoorsCS and people install what thay want ...
So there will be DoorsCS and "Extension".
And we will send two differents files.
That does sound ideal. Is that something that can be done? I'm not aware of that functionality.
There was a glitch in early hook chaining that is fixed in an (unofficially) released beta. Please try out this version and let me know if it fixes things for you:

Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2.1ish
KermMartian wrote:
There was a glitch in early hook chaining that is fixed in an (unofficially) released beta. Please try out this version and let me know if it fixes things for you:

Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2.1ish

IT WORKS !
Your are the best !

Thank you.

Mini tuto :
Install and config Omnicalc
Open DoorsCS then quit
Enjoy
Very Happy
That's great! And keep in mind that this fix will be present in Doors CS 7.2 Beta 3, and then in the full Doors CS 7.2, assuming I don't do any additional betas. I'm very happy to hear that this did the trick for you.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours