why is there a pony, with a name above it, appear randomly?
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
why is there a pony, with a name above it, appear randomly?

That's Pinkie Pie, saying "Dashy!", which is her pet name for Rainbow Dash. She's just a "prop" you can see on the side of the road, while you're running. I'm adding more characters like this later, as I said in my latest update Smile
ok that explains a bit(I'm not a my little pony fan so I wouldn't know that information)
/me just checked this out.
nice =)
the gameplay is a bit easy, with all the ability to stay in the air indefinitely and all of the ground being the same height, but the graphics are fantastic, particularly all the animations and scrolling. some things could use a little polishing there as well, though, like the readability of the title screen text and the hard edges on the large sprite popups (a fade out dither might help there).
overall, i am impress =D
shmibs wrote:
/me just checked this out.
nice =)
the gameplay is a bit easy, with all the ability to stay in the air indefinitely and all of the ground being the same height, but the graphics are fantastic, particularly all the animations and scrolling. some things could use a little polishing there as well, though, like the readability of the title screen text and the hard edges on the large sprite popups (a fade out dither might help there).
overall, i am impress =D

Thanks Smile I do indeed need to add a border to that title screen text, I'll do that by the next version, for sure. I'm also hoping to make the game a bit harder with the next version with a few extra twists to the game, and I'll be adding a few graphical additions as well.

EDIT: It apparently got an article, too: http://ourl.ca/15994
Does this automatically overclock the Prizm ? If yes, does this set the Prizm back to normal when quitting ?
Hayleia wrote:
Does this automatically overclock the Prizm ? If yes, does this set the Prizm back to normal when quitting ?

The answer to both is Yes. Afterwards, it sets it back to the speed the Prizm was originally running at.
I know that another topic was discussing this, but will you add in overclocking as an option, not a requirement?
AHelper wrote:
I know that another topic was discussing this, but will you add in overclocking as an option, not a requirement?

Nope. I'll debate keeping it at the normal frequency and just lower the graphics-intensity of the whole thing, but having an optional overclock isn't something I'll consider.
In the end, people may want to use the CPU frequency as a way to change the game's difficulty Smile
gbl08ma wrote:
In the end, people may want to use the CPU frequency as a way to change the game's difficulty Smile

^ this is exactly my reasoning. Smile
You could outright treat it as a different difficulty and track scores independently, which I think addresses both concerns..
Tari wrote:
You could outright treat it as a different difficulty and track scores independently, which I think addresses both concerns..

I thought of that, but I feel shaky on the idea of using the physical CPU clock/PLL circuit to control the speed of the game; just feels pretty hacky. I'll consider it, though. Thoughts from other concerning this?
Am I allowed to (try to) port this to z80 calcs ?
Of course, graphics will not be as beautiful but I'll try to get the game play be almost the same Wink
Hayleia wrote:
Am I allowed to (try to) port this to z80 calcs ?
Of course, graphics will not be as beautiful but I'll try to get the game play be almost the same Wink

With credit for the idea given -- yeah, sure? My policy with people porting things I make is pretty much to give me some credit for the original deal, and nothing past that.
I think some credit should go to Robot Chicken and some should go to Ashbad, to be fair. Smile Also, I made suggestions on the Axe version and posted them in the relevant topic.
seems I've got some fans:

So I'm thinking of going back and finishing this up, which will involve a reboot in terms of graphics and coding polish. Also thinking of submitting it to EqD.
Ashbad wrote:

So I'm thinking of going back and finishing this up, which will involve a reboot in terms of graphics and coding polish. Also thinking of submitting it to EqD.

Sounds cool. That would be awesome if it got accepted to EqD.
Ashbad wrote:
seems I've got some fans:

Hey, thats me! yay

Glad I could be of help!
Spence: it definitely would, though I'm not new to being featured there, I've already made things that got posted there twice Smile The only problem is that Cemetech would likely get view-raped for a day or two as a result.

Globalmap: indeed, it is you! Very Happy Welcome back to cemetech, and I'm glad you liked my game (and I'm even more glad it helped you in your quest to become a brony) Thanks for the encouragement, and I hope you decide to stay and take place in the prizm development going on here right now Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours