Sorry I haven't been able to finish this yet. I have not have any real time to spend on it the past few days; don't shank me s'il vous plait. The only free time I have had I spent working on documenting the Prizm more, and trying to figure out how to overclock it; which honestly is more important right now. I'll work on it and release a demo tonight for sure, though.
I agree that the overclocking is more important at this point. Smile Keep up the good work, sir.
KermMartian wrote:
I agree that the overclocking is more important at this point. Smile Keep up the good work, sir.

Indeed, and with overclocking in place, I'll be able to make this game 20% cooler with scrolling backgrounds and rainbow-ey effects that I can't use now without sacrificing a lot of speed.
Sonic Rainboom?
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Sonic Rainboom?

It's rather possible, but without overclocking it would have to be constrained too much to look nice.
Yeah, I hope you get some progress with that!
Well, I uploaded a *very incomplete* demo of the game so far, for you to try out. It'll be on semi-hold until I figure out what the Prizm's CPG and WDT units are, so I can overclock it and make the game more graphical due to better CPU speed.

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=721
Aren't there like, risks when you overclock something?
DShiznit wrote:
Aren't there like, risks when you overclock something?

There are, but the main one would be a sharp decrease in battery life, which would be definitely noted in the README. Other than that, it's possible that memory reading and manipulation could go haywire, but likely only at a multiplication factor obscenely high such as PLL circuit 1 at a x16 multiplier. Other than that, I'm not sure what Prizm-specific side effects will occur, but that's what testing is for Smile
So will there be a separate program a person needs to run to overclock the calculator before they can run your game, or would the game do the overclocking on it's own?
DShiznit wrote:
So will there be a separate program a person needs to run to overclock the calculator before they can run your game, or would the game do the overclocking on it's own?

It would be very trivial to overclock (code-length wise, once we figure out how to actually do it), the only problem would be that users would have to be aware of the lowered battery life caused by playing the game. However, it's a far better method in my opinion to pack the overclocking in the same add-in as uses it, since if you can overclock/underclock at will, you could cheat a very fast game by playing it slow-mo at 27MHz. In this game, half speed would make it very easy to get a high score.

One issue faced on the 9860 with overclocking is that apparently after doing so, all Main Memory files would be erased. If this is true on the Prizm, then I'd have to make sure to make a routine that backs them all up in Storage memory before the processing speed is changed. And, every game with moral authors who packed the clocking feature with it would have to do the same.
I found a glitch in the game. If you hit a cloud from beneath, Rainbow Dash disappears, and the game just keeps on going. It's just a demo though, so.....
Spenceboy98 wrote:
I found a glitch in the game. If you hit a cloud from beneath, Rainbow Dash disappears, and the game just keeps on going. It's just a demo though, so.....

Nope, that's what happens when you run out of lives. There's no game over yet. There's a lot of major things like that not added in yet.
good game, it runs very fast, congratulations

BTW: in your makefile, change this line:

MKG3AFLAGS=-i uns:Icon_U.bmp -i sel:Icon_S.bmp -n en:APPname

to

MKG3AFLAGS=-i uns:Icon_U.bmp -i sel:Icon_S.bmp -n basic:APPname

to display the application name in all languages!

Yeah, that'd probably be a good idea; I probably did that because with most of my released projects I build with every language I can (except for chinese/mandarin), except for this one the translated names are all too long to fit within the add-in icon space.
Now that overclocking has been taken care of, Rainbow Dash Attack is planned to get more graphical. It now runs at 87MHz, way too fast in it's current rendition. So, I'm likely going to add a scrolling background, and a very cool looking Sonic Rainboom effect. Expect a full release Tuesday.
Add a clock timing with the RTC Wink
Eiyeron wrote:
Add a clock timing with the RTC Wink

What do you mean? A RTC-based clock that tracks your time running in seconds, instead of using frames ran as a benchmark?
Overclocking is taken care of??? I DEMAND to know how! Very Happy

Anyways, looking forward to this.
LincolnB wrote:
Overclocking is taken care of??? I DEMAND to know how! Very Happy

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7646

Razz

Quote:
Anyways, looking forward to this.

Glad to hear! I'm hoping to finish it up entirely tomorrow, at least at a 1.0 version (no fluttershy, unfortunately, though, but it'll still be swagalicious until then)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours