This is a topic about Adropod. It is complete, so there can be little discussion. I am entering it because I think that it is a fun and nice game. It is BASIC, TI-83, and text-based.

Here is a picture:

In it you shoot rows of advancing enemies, and die when one reaches your row.
So similar to Pheonix? Are there upgrades?
zeldaking wrote:
So similar to Pheonix? Are there upgrades?

I have played Phoenix, however, this does not change the fact that it is completely original. It is fun, even though it is BASIC. As such, of course there are no upgrades.
whats so original about it?
It's in TI-Basic, as CalebHansberry said.
blue_bear_94 wrote:
It's in TI-Basic, as CalebHansberry said.

and that makes it completely original?

so If I finish making pokemon, is it completely original because i did it in ti-basic and doors?

It just looks like your plain old shmup, and not a particularly interesting one. No interesting game mechanic to speak of.... or much else for that matter.
Also, you die when one of the enemies reach your row, like in my game Starvak.
It is original because I had never heard of anything like it when I made it! Only after I coded it did I discover that there were others similar. Such as Phoenix. Perhaps you can imagine that I felt pretty good about the gameplay, because it was original from by head. Besides, it is my first released program ever!

And Joe, please don't post negative comments just because we dissagree on the issue of same-sex marriage - just in case you were.
CalebHansberry wrote:
It is original because I had never heard of anything like it when I made it!

Ignorance of similar programs at development does not constitute uniqueness.
blue_bear_94 wrote:
CalebHansberry wrote:
It is original because I had never heard of anything like it when I made it!

Ignorance of similar programs at development does not constitute uniqueness.

OK. It is original but not unique.
CalebHansberry wrote:
It is original because I had never heard of anything like it when I made it! Only after I coded it did I discover that there were others similar. Such as Phoenix. Perhaps you can imagine that I felt pretty good about the gameplay, because it was original from by head. Besides, it is my first released program ever!

And Joe, please don't post negative comments just because we dissagree on the issue of same-sex marriage - just in case you were.

I don't post negative comments for petty reasons like that. I don't even need petty reasons to post negative comments.

But I was taking claim with your "originality" statement because I figured there was some sort of interesting game mechanic that wasn't apparent in the topic post.
JoeYoung wrote:
CalebHansberry wrote:

I don't post negative comments for petty reasons like that. I don't even need petty reasons to post negative comments.

But I was taking claim with your "originality" statement because I figured there was some sort of interesting game mechanic that wasn't apparent in the topic post.

Thank you. Just making sure. I am sorry this game is sub-expectations, I really am.
Hey guys Cemetech is and should be a nice environment. If you are going to post negative comments you should find something good about it and congratulate them. I know when I first started and perhaps my games weren't very well (not saying Andropod is, haven't played it yet) and I really looked for good encouragement. I would ask what could be done better and resume from there. Joe_Young was just having a bad day Razz Rant over. Anyways Andropod is a unique project, pehaps not the idea, but his code is his. He didn't (I assume) that he made his code from scratch and learned along the way. This is what matters.
I'm kinda with Joe, there (shocking). You should find something to make it "pop" Smile Like, try to have it show on the graph screen and find ways to make it really fast. Or, have an interesting AI. Or have something crazy happen when you beat it. Something.

That said, if you aren't interested in working on this any more, you can just leave it where it is. And there's nothing wrong with that Smile Congrats on writing your first game, and I hope you can increase your skill and make even cooler games in the future Smile

Edit: Wait, Joe, you suck. You bumped a 5-month-old topic.
I just played Phoenix for the first time. I see no reason for shame. In Phoenix, you can move while your shot is moving, which gives it an appearence of speed, but then it also moves very slowly. Adropod also has a high score table, whereas Phoenix does not. Adropod has a menu on the graph screen, and more settings. Also, I observed that displaying the game on the graph screen did demolish it's performance, but provided nothing to the game physics. And remember, it is for the 83, not the Plus, so it cannot use DCS7 BASIC graphics libraries.
Above all, it was not originally intended to be released, it only was for the Cemetech arcade game contest! Kerm said that he wanted it released so I released it!
_player1537 wrote:
I'm kinda with Joe, there (shocking). You should find something to make it "pop" Smile Like, try to have it show on the graph screen and find ways to make it really fast. Or, have an interesting AI. Or have something crazy happen when you beat it. Something.

That said, if you aren't interested in working on this any more, you can just leave it where it is. And there's nothing wrong with that Smile Congrats on writing your first game, and I hope you can increase your skill and make even cooler games in the future Smile

Edit: Wait, Joe, you suck. You bumped a 5-month-old topic.

Like you have never done that.

Point is still valid though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours