CEMETECH
Leading The Way To The Future
Login [Register]
Username:
Password:
Autologin:

Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Latest Headlines
Online Users
There are 103 users online: 0 members, 88 guests and 15 bots.
Members: None.
Bots: MSN/Bing (2), Spinn3r (2), Magpie Crawler (3), Googlebot (8).
RSS & Social Media
SAX
You must log in to view the SAX chat widget
KermMartian

Site Admin

Posted: 02 Feb 2012 11:11:43 am    Post subject: [Prizm] Tetrizm v1.0

You love the game of Tetris on every platform, from your computer to your GameBoy to your TI calculator, so why not enjoy it in brilliant color on your Casio Prizm calculator? Featuring fast-paced gameplay, four play modes, high score tracking, and much more, this game is sure to be a permanent addition to your Prizm. In Marathon mode, try to complete lines for as long as possible as your score and the speed increase. High Speed mode ups the ante with faster drops at lower levels. If you want to start out in a bad situation, try Touchdown mode. With Collapse mode, you can set up giant stacks of tetrominos to score many lines at once. And to really torture yourself, see how long you can last with no line pieces in Sadistic mode. A few months in the making and a mere 185KB, this highly-polished game is a must for your Prizm, and incorporates thorough research into the original versions of Tetris to provide a fun and accurate gaming experience. Although I wrote almost all of this game, a special hat-tip to my coauthor tifreak8x for his testing and motivation, and to the other Cemetech beta-testers for their detailed feedback on beta versions.

Download
Tetrizm v1.0 for the Casio Prizm
Tetrizm v1.0 gameplay video [Youtube]

comicIDIOT

Mobile Administrator

Posted: 02 Feb 2012 12:37:45 pm    Post subject:

Cool stuff! It's fun to play. The song in the video is a different version than I've usually heard.

There are two types of people in the world: those who can extrapolate data from incomplete data
KermMartian

Site Admin

Posted: 02 Feb 2012 12:39:18 pm    Post subject:

comicIDIOT wrote:
Cool stuff! It's fun to play. The song in the video is a different version than I've usually heard.
Thanks, comic; glad you enjoy it! I hope that programs and games like Tetrizm will continue to drive more programmers and users to the Prizm.

Tari

Systems Integrator

Posted: 02 Feb 2012 12:43:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm impressed by the graphics. Did you implement any sort of compression for them, or is it all uncompressed?

Ask questions the smart way タリ
KermMartian

Site Admin

Posted: 02 Feb 2012 12:46:29 pm    Post subject:

Tari wrote:
I'm impressed by the graphics. Did you implement any sort of compression for them, or is it all uncompressed?
The only sort of "compression" I did was manually close-cropping the pieces of the interface. For example, the main screen is a left side, a right side, and a rectangular gray fill in the middle. Thanks!

helder7

Posted: 02 Feb 2012 01:44:33 pm    Post subject:

Tanks for the pause feature Smile
KermMartian

Site Admin

Posted: 02 Feb 2012 01:47:05 pm    Post subject:

helder7 wrote:
Tanks for the pause feature Smile
You're most welcome. You can also quit straight to the Prizm's main menu without the Pause, though, which in a way is sort of a pause.

gbl08ma

Expert

Posted: 02 Feb 2012 01:58:15 pm    Post subject:

A really great game like the beta version already let us see. The pause feature is a nice addition too, it's something I felt that was missing (but I don't think I ever said that). I don't quite understand what is the Cascade mode is for but I guess time will tell Smile

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Feb 2012 03:28:52 pm    Post subject:

ooh, very smexy. the only thing i miss is having a drop shadow. i know it's more authentic that way, but it still helps on a small screen so you don't accidentally drop a piece on the wrong spot.
thanks, Kerm!

We're not human, are we?
merthsoft

File Archiver

Posted: 02 Feb 2012 03:33:14 pm    Post subject:

Mm, yeah, drop shadow would be nice. It would be cool if that were toggleable.

Site Admin

Posted: 02 Feb 2012 03:38:48 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, everyone! Yeah, I thought about a shadow of some sort, but I figured it would make it way too easy.

AHelper

R.I.P. TinyBlub 10/1/14

Posted: 02 Feb 2012 04:16:17 pm    Post subject:

I have to try this out now.

At first looking at your large screen shot, I was suddenly finding myself staring at the camera rather than the game Very Happy

<BrandonW> "You don't even want to know what TI Connect does when it's just detecting your calculator...It ACTUALLY ERASES THE SWAP SECTOR on every communication attempt...EVERY SINGLE ATTEMPT...Yes, TI Connect will kill your calculator..What do I have to do to get your attention?!....Such a bloated protocol."
< KermM> Dearest TI-Connect: Please stop being such an inveterate piece of garbage. Love, Christopher.
KermMartian

Site Admin

Posted: 02 Feb 2012 04:18:36 pm    Post subject:

AHelper wrote:
I have to try this out now.

At first looking at your large screen shot, I was suddenly finding myself staring at the camera rather than the game Very Happy
Yeah, I tried to GIMP it out, but it just looked awkward. I took your recommendation about changing the controls, by the way.

AHelper

R.I.P. TinyBlub 10/1/14

Posted: 02 Feb 2012 04:20:00 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, I will look at it later on.

<BrandonW> "You don't even want to know what TI Connect does when it's just detecting your calculator...It ACTUALLY ERASES THE SWAP SECTOR on every communication attempt...EVERY SINGLE ATTEMPT...Yes, TI Connect will kill your calculator..What do I have to do to get your attention?!....Such a bloated protocol."
< KermM> Dearest TI-Connect: Please stop being such an inveterate piece of garbage. Love, Christopher.
Sarah

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Feb 2012 07:00:47 pm    Post subject:

o-o

Cascade mode?!

HOORAY

Edit: Kerm, Cascade mode seems to be bugged. After a line clear, ALL blocks separate and fall down all the way. A perfect example of what I meant:

Link

@2:20[/img][/youtube]

Last edited by Sarah on 03 Feb 2012 07:39:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
KermMartian

Site Admin

Posted: 03 Feb 2012 07:33:58 pm    Post subject:

Sarah wrote:
o-o

Cascade mode?!

HOORAY
Yes, it is very fun. Thank you for suggesting it!

Edit: Yes, I researched the official version, but in the end I decided to make my own twist on it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

Go to Registration page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to: