does anyone know how to rearrange main menu items with the prizm?
They seem to be arranged in random order. I got lucky enough to have my Lock program attributed to the shortcut L Smile
With the 9860 they were done in order of last modified dates. It would be cool if an addin could be made to rearrange addins.
Well, if that was the case with the Prizm, I changed CGlock so many times today that it would be at the end of the list - it's not the case.
But if you mean date of addition to the calc (not date of g3a file change/update), then probably you're correct.
gbl08ma wrote:
Well, if that was the case with the Prizm, I changed CGlock so many times today that it would be at the end of the list - it's not the case.
But if you mean date of addition to the calc (not date of g3a file change/update), then probably you're correct.

Date of addition to calc and date of modification on calc is how it worked on 9860. I know this because there was an addin that allowed you to edit the main menu icons for other addins and everytime you edited the mainmenu icon, it would put it to the bottom of the list.
the calculator does not use the date for the order, It uses the order written in the memory

if we optimize the calculator, the order of writing addins in the disk can change

if we update an existing application, it keeps the same order; the calculator delete/replace the space for the new app and if the calculator need more space, it write the remainder at the end of the disc space

is similar to a computer hard disk
Ah, so this would require an OS hack? Or can copy the addin to a folder, delete it in the root folder, and then copy it back to the root folder to put it to the bottom of the list? Sounds kinda inefficient.
the best way is:
1-Copy all files from your calculator to your PC
2-Reset your calculator
3-Copy the applications.g3a in the order that you want them to appear on the menu ...

folders (mainmemory, etc...)and other files (like txts, images) can be copied at any time, will not interfere with the order of applications

BTW: if you optimize the memory, you can lose the order of applications Mad
But you cant do that on-the-fly...
Well, sounds like to do something link this, we'll need more control over the filesystem, which we currently don't have. We can only manipulate the contents of the files at the moment, not edit the date added or similar attributes to the filesystem entities.

That being said, does anyone know the filesystem design used by the Prizm? I would assume it would be something simple like FAT12/16 or something similar, but I honestly have no idea.
I think it is FAT16. Simon Lothar says in the Revolution FX docs that the 9860 uses FAT16, so why wouldn't the Prizm use FAT16 too?
gbl08ma wrote:
I think it is FAT16. Simon Lothar says in the Revolution FX docs that the 9860 uses FAT16, so why wouldn't the Prizm use FAT16 too?

A surprising amount of things were carried over from the 9860 to the Prizm, so if the 9860 is FAT16, then there's a very good chance the Prizm is too. Thanks for the knowledge Wink
Based on everything that I know about how the Prizm works, I consider it extremely likely that it's using a FAT16 file system. Hopefully once we have a shell or two written and discover how we can write to Flash, we'll be able to manipulate the file system with a finer granulaity.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours